Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Boost Your Income > Solving companies' problems for pay... official M... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Solving companies' problems for pay... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion
Closed Thread
Views: 35,243
# 1
MSE Lawrence
Old 14-01-2008, 5:54 PM
Researcher
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Solving companies' problems for pay... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

This is a special discussion as part of the

article, all about

Solving companies' problems for pay

which is part of the Earn wonga on the web section

Please feel free to add your comments, suggestions or questions

Just click reply
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSE Lawrence For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
destiny_star2006
Old 14-01-2008, 5:58 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Send a message via MSN to destiny_star2006

never even heard about it till now but just looked at earn wonga link and lots more usefull info again thanks x
We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
# 3
trilbythecat
Old 23-05-2008, 10:22 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Smile seems specialized

Hmm. Had a good nose at the science and tech stuff. Some of these seem impossible unless you've got a full chemistry lab in your garage. Only one seems remotely possible for me, the statistical clustering of medical trial patients, and as that ends in a month I don't think I'll have the time to do the research needed, especially as there's no guarantee of return (unlike matched betting).

I wonder who tends to do these. If you were a grad student and you saw a project similar to your PhD, you'd have a chance. Or do small physics labs from Nebraska State try them in a bid to get some funding (any funding)? Or are there birlliant minds out there cometing for the recognition? The pay seems good until you think that it might take 6 months or so to do a solution, possibly competing with someone who is much better than you. My DH, who is much better at dreaming than completing, could waste a lot of time on these so I am not going to tell him about these sites at all.

On the other hand, this seems like a very good way for SET mums who have given up their research careers to stay at home and need a way to get back in the game. I'll definitely keep an eye out for things closer to my research area...since I'm not employed by anyone who owns my IP at the moment.

On a side note, are there any other SET mums out there trying to return to work?

Does anyone else have an opinion on these?
The Following User Says Thank You to trilbythecat For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
jasonreeduk
Old 22-06-2009, 9:14 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default What do you know about Idea Connection?

I read on this site about idea connection (about 18 months ago). It sounded interesting and so I registered as a facilitator as it suits my skills.

Recently I have been contacted by their CEO asking me if I want to become a full-time facilitator with them. He suggests that on target problem solving will generate me an income of $10000 US Dollars.

Because the link was suggested by money saving expert I am interested to know where MSE found out about it? Are there some people I could talk to who are doing this already to get a bit of a reality check on the figures?
The Following User Says Thank You to jasonreeduk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
dizzyhayley
Old 24-02-2010, 10:52 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I suggested a site to Travelodge but didn't hear anything back It says on their website you should be contacted by one of the development team within 5 days! I even sent another message asking if they had recieved my first, but alas still no reply - oh well, was worth a go!!
# 6
brigidakelly
Old 16-03-2011, 2:31 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I tried to contact travelodge so many times, however I was ignored, much like you were
Closed Thread