IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter Off DRP

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    MrBolton wrote: »
    Thankyou - I'll put it with the other one

Good idea but expect more junk mail from DRP until
    they give up as failures
    On this forum they are doomed from the start
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You still need to edit your post as advised in post 5. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi,
    I'm hoping I'm not posting this in the wrong Area, if so apologies.
    I received a parking ticket while being parked at Nandos at the Middlebrook in Bolton. The car I was in was stupidly parked in a disabled bay, the whole shopping centre was busy, and there was a space so we pulled in. As you can imagine there were loads of people around, no one saw any sign indicating it was a disabled bay.
    Any help would be massively appreciated?

Thanks

As a Blue Badge holder, I needed to get some shopping the other day. Drove to local retail park and drove round and round trying to find a space close to the supermarket. All the Disabled bays were occupied, several without Blue Badges showing.

I had to give up and go home because I cannot walk very far and certainly not as far as from the other side of the car park.

You weren't stupidly parked, you were selfishly parked. Hope you enjoyed your Nandos.
  • beamerguy
    Forumite
    edited 10 March 2018 at 9:53PM
    LadyDee wrote: »
    As a Blue Badge holder, I needed to get some shopping the other day. Drove to local retail park and drove round and round trying to find a space close to the supermarket. All the Disabled bays were occupied, several without Blue Badges showing.

I had to give up and go home because I cannot walk very far and certainly not as far as from the other side of the car park.

You weren't stupidly parked, you were selfishly parked. Hope you enjoyed your Nandos.

Nobody here condones anybody who parks in a disabled
    bay but signage must be forefront which the OP said was not

Not sure how you could see several cars not displaying
    the badge when you were only driving around and, let's hope
    you were not caught by an ANPR camera

Best for you to complain to the retail park that there
    are not enough spaces for the disabled
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Nobody here condones anybody who parks in a disabled
    bay but signage must be forefront which the OP said was not

Not sure how you could see several cars not displaying
    the badge when you were only driving around and, let's hope
    you were not caught by an ANPR camera

Best for you to complain to the retail park that there
    are not enough spaces for the disabled

I could see the lack of Blue Badges due to the position of the BB zone. ANPR cameras are irrelevant in this case as there is 2 hours free parking.

The onus is on selfish drivers to be a little more observant - there is often only very small wall signage in the disabled areas but the parking bays are marked and much wider than normal, so the OP should have realised the bay was for disabled drivers. But never mind, he got his Nandos.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I could see the lack of Blue Badges due to the position of the BB zone. ANPR cameras are irrelevant in this case as there is 2 hours free parking.

The onus is on selfish drivers to be a little more observant - there is often only very small wall signage in the disabled areas but the parking bays are marked and much wider than normal, so the OP should have realised the bay was for disabled drivers. But never mind, he got his Nandos.

The blue badge scheme does not apply on private land, so there is no requirement to display said badge in those circumstances. Perhaps the lack of badges was simply because people don't need to show them, so didn't, relying instead on the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
    A blue badge is not the only indicator of a disability.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,432
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    - there is often only very small wall signage in the disabled areas...

There's the problem.
  • beamerguy
    Forumite

I think not to mislead others about ANPR, the 2 hours free
    is applicable if the rules are followed and that could mean
    entering your reg number

It could also mean that if you did not park and went back
    later, the dodgy ANPR could well assume you have been
    in the car park for hours
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 12 March 2018 at 8:58PM
    I could see the lack of Blue Badges due to the position of the BB zone.
    Like we said, as long as the driver or passenger meets the definition of disability and has an appropriate mobility or other medical condition need (could be 'invisible' with no wheelchair or walking aid - e.g. visually impaired passenger, severe IBS, heart condition, bone condition, respiratory condition, cancer, or even autistic children who would be a danger if parked further away, for example) they are LEGALLY ALLOWED to use a provision of such a bay provided to meet the Equality Act 2010.

As has been said, Blue Badges are not the only indicator of disability need.

With respect, and without being funny, please get over it. Life would be so much easier without the judgemental element of society peering at other people's Blue Badges or judging them unfairly.

I drive a disabled person with a BB quite a bit and we never judge other people using the bays. We know & accept that on private land, there may be all sorts of reasons why a driver/passenger might genuinely need to use a disabled bay and be in the right. No BB does not mean no disability need.

Or they might even have a BB that they knocked down as they got out, or forgot to display,
    like in Excel v Greenwood when the victim had MS, a feature of which is forgetfulness, and he committed the heinous *crime* of forgetting to display a BB when shopping.

Mr Greenwood won, of course. He had the right to park there due to his condition, never mind a piece of card on the dash - Excel were in the wrong, in law. Please climb down from the typical ''Blue Badge high horse'' that personally, I find grating, and learn about people's diverse needs and the actual applicable law.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • blisteringblue
    blisteringblue Posts: 1,140
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Guys,

Just got the 2nd Letter off the DRP?

The First Line of the Letter states

'Notice of intended court action - unpaid parking charge of £145.

Any Advice?

I had about 4 of these before they stopped. The next one will quote a nice reduction in price too.

Ours was parking in the housing estate behind the middlebrook back in 2014 but it's all gone quiet for over a year now.

Fully expecting the UKPC speculative court punt eventually but will cross that bridge when or if it comes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure