Updated Find the cheapest broadband discussion thread

Comments

• cdbe11
    cdbe11 Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi, I want to take up the £22.54 MSE BT infinity deal (or rather a similar but cheaper version via quidco). The deals end tomorrow but I'm in contract with virgin till 2 March, can I sign up now and select or delay the activation date for 6 or 7 weeks? Or is it likely that this deal will be replaced with something equally competitive if I hang on? As my landline was disconnected when I went with virgin it rules out the Vodafone deal as they want £60 to reconnect it.

Thanks
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    Pescur wrote: »
    It seems to me that over time MSE has been offering less and less in terms of unique deals.

I think it's a bit of MSM and a bit of poor deals due to the regulators making things "fair"
  • antonio1
    antonio1 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    cdbe11 wrote: »
    Hi, I want to take up the £22.54 MSE BT infinity deal (or rather a similar but cheaper version via quidco). The deals end tomorrow but I'm in contract with virgin till 2 March, can I sign up now and select or delay the activation date for 6 or 7 weeks? Or is it likely that this deal will be replaced with something equally competitive if I hang on? As my landline was disconnected when I went with virgin it rules out the Vodafone deal as they want £60 to reconnect it.

Thanks

Is that the same BT cost and £125 mastercard as MSE advertise but with £80 quidco? If so that's the best deal out there if quidco pay. Do BT not charge a line reconnection fee? I'm in the same boat as you and Vodafone also said they'd have to charge a reconnection engineer cost. Impossible to predict whether other providers will bring in new deals in coming weeks. But you can't lose by putting an order with BT now with an installation date of 2 March if BT permit that.
  • cdbe11
    Yes that's it. I'm going to go for it, if they don't give me the connection date I want I'll cancel it. I believe they're about to put their prices up so don't think it will be replaced by anything better. The vodafone deal wanted to charge £60 for a new line (I physically have a line but was stung for a £30 line cessation fee when I left plusnet last year for virgin fibre). BT said I have a line (but wouldn't charge if I didn't) and they would reconnect it free of charge.
  • cdbe11
    Just to update, I've signed up for this deal - you can select the up front line rental to save a bit more (I was a bit unsure because it's a total monthly price rather than being 2 separate items like the MSE one so I ended up with the £29.99/month and the £218.79 in my basket at one point but it then adjusted the monthly price to £11.
    The latest connection date available was Feb 14 so a couple of weeks overlap which I can live with so all good and fingers crossed for the quidco.
  • editor1
    editor1 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    just renewed with Sky for regular broadband, line rental & Anytime calls for £21.99 per month - PlusNet would have been slightly cheaper if cash back paid out, but parents unable to do anything IT related - original offer from Sky was £35 per month, which I refused to pay, but they accommodated my price point, so paying two quid more than last year's MSE Sky deal, which was a good one!
  • logie48
    logie48 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sky Broadband 17Mb Unlimited.

£18 a month, 12 month contract = £216 + £9.95 router delivery = £225.95

-£50 reward card - £90 TCB = £85.95 = £7.17 monthly equivelant
  • Thanks Logie, I've been waiting someone to offer a deal under £10 a month for the last few months.
  • editor1
    editor1 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    logie48 wrote: »
    Sky Broadband 17Mb Unlimited.

£18 a month, 12 month contract = £216 + £9.95 router delivery = £225.95

-£50 reward card - £90 TCB = £85.95 = £7.17 monthly equivelant

Can't complain with that, with unlimited calls that approx £15 a month, compared to the £21.99 a month we are paying as existing customers, this reduced from £35 a month regular. just a shame no such deals existed first week of January, or, indeed within two weeks of agreeing new T&Cs.
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i am leaving sky as not happy with their service and prices, despite being loyal customer for many years, no offers given, just found the following and would like to know if anyone has NOW broadband and would recommend it..

Fab Fibre£18.00
    Line rental£17.99
    Pay as you use calls£0.00
    Fab Fibre Offer-£10.99
    Total£25.00

Cost after 12m offer £35.99

What you!!!8217;ll pay today
    Fibre set up fee£15.00
    NOW TV Hub TwoIncluded
    NOW TV Hub Delivery Charge£9.99
    Total£24.99
    thanks