Dyson V6 cordless from Tesco - very unimpressed

We bought a Dyson V6 Trigger rechargable vacuum over xmas in the sales from Tesco direst, we've used it twice and very unimpressed with it, it seems to be al lnoise and little suction, and runs flat from a full charge in maybe 5 minutes (not even on the turbo/high speed setting)

Have we any rights to return it please for a refund?

Comments

• cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,264
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Had one also from Tesco Direct for nine months, use it to vac the car and to pick up bits around the house though still use a big vacuum for main housework and carpets etc., never had any complaint about the suction, usually get about 15 to 20 minutes on a full charge using normal mode and about 5 on max mode.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,349
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    sounds like you have a dodgy one.
    ours lasts similar to poster above. Dyson have great customer service if you get no joy from Tesco.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You have 30 days to reject an item for a refund. Have you spoken to Tesco about it?
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,712
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You have 30 days to reject an item for a refund. Have you spoken to Tesco about it?

THAnks all, have since spoken to Tesco and they are collecting it today for a refund (I asked on here before I was home to get numbers and order number etc)

Tesco were fine, so thanks all.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 6 January 2018 at 12:01PM
    Dyson seem to have lots of sales. I sometimes think they constantly produce barely tested products.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    hollydays wrote: »
    Dyson seem to have lots of sales. I sometimes think they constantly produce barely tested products.

Everything is a conspiracy with you.

Dustin don’t test their products. Apple constantly lie about water damage.

It’s amazing these companies have managed to survive with these dodgy products and become market leaders.
  • I had a similar experience as the o.p. with a handheld V6. It didn't have the suctuion to pull the skin off a rice pudding and the battery, on normal power, only lasted a maximum of 10 minutes in spite of the necessity to wear ear protection! - 4+ hours to fully charge.
    Awful cheap build quality with thin and flimsy plastic.
    That too was returned and a refund obtained.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Everything is a conspiracy with you.

Dustin don’t test their products. Apple constantly lie about water damage.

It’s amazing these companies have managed to survive with these dodgy products and become market leaders.

Churning out carp isn’t a conspiracy.
    Can you point out where exactly I’ve commented on Apple and ‘Dustin’?
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I had a similar experience as the o.p. with a handheld V6. It didn't have the suctuion to pull the skin off a rice pudding and the battery, on normal power, only lasted a maximum of 10 minutes in spite of the necessity to wear ear protection! - 4+ hours to fully charge.
    Awful cheap build quality with thin and flimsy plastic.
    That too was returned and a refund obtained.
    I have one and think its great, but then again I don't expect a handheld to do the whole house. It great for what it does, spot cleans. The bigl Dyson does the house.

Expecting a small cleaner to do the job of a full size cleaner is just poor due diligence.
  • oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2018 at 11:26AM
    "Expecting a small cleaner to do the job of a full size cleaner is just poor due diligence."
    Where did I say it was purchased to vacuum the whole house or take the place of a full sized vacuum cleaner? Just trying to nit pick for the sake of it are we?
    Mine was the "car and boat" version, not part car and part boat, which didn't have the power, either electrical or suction to properly complete the two front footwells of my car. To do the job properly does require a "proper" machine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure