Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SannaKhan
    • By SannaKhan 9th Jun 17, 1:55 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 3Thanks
    SannaKhan
    POPLA Appeal
    • 9th Jun 17, 1:55 PM
    POPLA Appeal 9th Jun 17 at 1:55 PM
    Hi All,

I have briefly glanced through the forum and a lot of you seem to know what you're talking about! I hope you can help me out.

I recently entered a APNR station car park to collect a train passenger who needed to use the disabled exit, only available in the car park. We were due to be at the station roughly the same time however the train got delayed and I had to wait. I did not park and did not leave my vehicle. I have been sent a fine which when appealed has been rejected. I have now been prompted to either pay or appeal and I wish to appeal. Can anyone help me with articulating this.

Many many thanks in advance
Page 2
    • SannaKhan
    • By SannaKhan 4th Sep 17, 2:53 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    SannaKhan
    I have just received my first scary letter threatening debt collectors if I do not pay £100. It only came this weekend although they had dated it 9th August!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Sep 17, 11:16 PM
    • 52,864 Posts
    • 66,377 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No problem, this is only NCP and it's just as if you ignored them from the start, which many people do without any problems because they don't sue on single tickets that we've ever seen thus far.

And if they did, you'd just defend it with our help, with the odds heavily in your favour and no risk of a CCJ as long as no court papers are ignored. But certainly ignore all debt letters.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• SannaKhan
    • By SannaKhan 30th Oct 17, 3:10 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    SannaKhan
    I am now on my 4th debt collection letter. The amount keeps accruing. Do I still continue to ignore?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 30th Oct 17, 3:16 PM
    • 2,252 Posts
    • 2,711 Thanks
    waamo
    You've ignored all the others. What's different about this one?
    This space for hire.
    • SannaKhan
    • By SannaKhan 2nd Jan 18, 1:59 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    SannaKhan
    I have opened my mail and seen that I am now getting letters from solicitors (dated October) that if they do not hear from me in 14 days they will commence county court proceedings. I was in hospital and have only just opened my mail. Will this now go to court?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Jan 18, 12:55 AM
    • 52,864 Posts
    • 66,377 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It was NCP
    Originally posted by SannaKhan
    No court is likely with NCP, as you know when you read the BMPA Insight into that company, as the NEWBIES thread tells people to Google for.

Which Solicitors, QDR(?), or other waste of time debt letter style drivel? Gladstones?

Who are they asking for payment to?
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• SannaKhan
    • By SannaKhan 3rd Jan 18, 10:40 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    SannaKhan
    It is from Wright Hassall

The letter stipulates that they have been instructed by ZZPS LTD on behalf of NCP. They have said they will commence court proceedings without further notice and make me pay legal costs. And that I will remain on the Register of Judgments. It doesn't say who I have to pay to but I have to call their number to discuss repayment.

Starting to freak out now...
    • bergkamp
    • By bergkamp 3rd Jan 18, 12:36 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    bergkamp
    I have opened my mail and seen that I am now getting letters from solicitors (dated October) that if they do not hear from me in 14 days they will commence county court proceedings. I was in hospital and have only just opened my mail. Will this now go to court?
    I think more than 14 days have passed since October.... And?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 3rd Jan 18, 3:11 PM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 1,690 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    If thatís the last letter, and there is no claim form, then i doubt there is a judgement.

Check your credit file. If there is a ccj it shows up there. If there is, then also donít freak out - the set aside process is detailed in here.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jan 18, 1:28 AM
    • 52,864 Posts
    • 66,377 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Why, it's NCP!

And you've been here long enough to search the forum for 'Wright Hassall ZZPS' for a laugh.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 4th Jan 18, 11:32 AM
    • 6,735 Posts
    • 8,710 Thanks
    beamerguy
    It is from Wright Hassall

The letter stipulates that they have been instructed by ZZPS LTD on behalf of NCP. They have said they will commence court proceedings without further notice and make me pay legal costs. And that I will remain on the Register of Judgments. It doesn't say who I have to pay to but I have to call their number to discuss repayment.

This is ZZPS with their usual split personality pretending
    to be Wright Hassall.

Think on ...... the so called debt is with NCP and NOT
    ZZPS who tells a big porkie giving the wrong impression.

Wright Hassall, a once respected solicitor has now
    stooped so low that they decieve people and are
    now seen as a complete joke

The letter should be given to Trading Standards
    as it is misleading, very menacing and full of lies.

Trading Standards are there to protect the public
    from rogue traders like this
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,586Posts Today

5,538Users online

Martin's Twitter