Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,683Posts
    • 36,086Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 676
    • Forgetful
    • By Forgetful 4th Jan 18, 12:18 AM
    • 1,569 Posts
    • 8,848 Thanks
    Forgetful
    Thanks for the advice. Manchester certainly know how to charge for parking
    Originally posted by s4mmy
    Sorry ... but if I have remembered wrong... then Terminal 3 is the one thats on one level.... so if it is.... tell DD to just walk to the outside and u can just go to the DROP OFF area ... but they dont like u to wait too long so tell them to be quick..
    I usually go to a side road outside of the airport and wait till I get a call from whoever Im picking up ...then I drive over.

Gosh... my memory is terrible ...was only there last month..
    • BIG MOC
    • By BIG MOC 4th Jan 18, 12:48 AM
    • 538 Posts
    • 7,726 Thanks
    BIG MOC
    Hi
    Just been reading your views on Android Pay. I think its linked to the device even with factory reset I couldnt add a new account. I have managed to get one using a new gmail, same card on my Samsung tablet - you cant use this to pay with but I set up the new account with the tap and pay showing then signed in on my A3 which the previous account had been on. I hope this makes sense. I suppose a cheap android with at least 4.4( to download android pay) would work to set up an account even with no nfc as once the account is set up then sign in on a phone with nfc.
    Originally posted by thry9698
    Thank you so much for this. I've just set up my 2nd month
    Pobody's-Nerfect
    • Glyndwr
    • By Glyndwr 4th Jan 18, 12:54 AM
    • 1,148 Posts
    • 65,583 Thanks
    Glyndwr
    Thanks

Don't suppose you tested using multiple 10 gift cards on one transaction / splitting table bill into multiple transactions to use multiple cards?!
    Originally posted by michaels
    No, sorry, but it's treated as an eGiftcard, so I would expect to be able to use more than 1 at a time.
    You can only claim 1 turkey stamp per visit but each person can claim on their own app, Not sure how they work that, but the T&Cs don't say it has to be different transactions.
    I would mention you have several cards before you start so they can potentially deal with the issue then if they need to split it.
    Don't forget the 40% off is for 4 people max.

Edit - multiple cards in one transaction do work.
    Last edited by Glyndwr; 04-01-2018 at 8:34 PM. Reason: Adding that multiple cards work.
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 4th Jan 18, 6:28 AM
    • 3,560 Posts
    • 19,707 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Good morning beautiful people & happy new year.

Further reductions at m&s today online and instore.
    • wookeyhole1
    • By wookeyhole1 4th Jan 18, 6:43 AM
    • 2,194 Posts
    • 36,114 Thanks
    wookeyhole1
    thank you for the biscuits, they worked well last night I found them in the biscuit isle (I thought they were seasonal)
    anyway, sunbites are a good filler against w too with the tommy k walkers as trigger. hth

1x Walkers Sunbites Barbecue Multigrain Snacks (6x25g)1.500.80
    4x McVitie's Victoria Carton (600g)16.004.00
    1x Walkers Sunbites Lightly Sea Salted Snacks (6x25g)1.500.80
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 4th Jan 18, 7:12 AM
    • 5,344 Posts
    • 70,568 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 4th Jan 18, 7:19 AM
    • 2,716 Posts
    • 38,009 Thanks
    Claire1972
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chicken Soup (400g) 0.25 N/A
    1x Warburtons White Medium Sliced Bread (400g) 0.90 0.80
    0.2x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.15 N/A
    1x Comfort Fabric Conditioner Intense Passion 64 Washes (960ml) 3.00 2.50
    1x ASDA Multigrain Crackers (170g) 0.79 N/A
    1x Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise (800g) 3.00 1.50
    2x PG Tips Pyramid Teabags (160pk) 9.38 4.68
    1x ASDA Smart Price Salted Butter (250g) 1.40 N/A
    1x ASDA Tuna Mayonnaise Paste (75g) 0.45 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Ham & Beef Paste (75g) 0.25 N/A
    4x McVitie's Family Circle (670g) 10.00 3.00

9pm this evening

Sadly no Victoria in mine, my own fault for leaving it a bit late, I wasn't going to bother with biscuits, then I remembered I had a large apg to use by tomorrow
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Is this in store please I know mine has the biscuits but see 2 each
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • s4mmy
    • By s4mmy 4th Jan 18, 7:39 AM
    • 588 Posts
    • 4,871 Thanks
    s4mmy
    Is this in store please I know mine has the biscuits but see 2 each
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    Good morning
    I think that the Victoria were 3 and Family Circle 2 in our local and compared to those prices on APG
    Last night I was in Asda at whoopsie time and had a real education as to how things were done !! Although the bargains were great I dont think I will venture out again at that time.
    • s4mmy
    • By s4mmy 4th Jan 18, 7:46 AM
    • 588 Posts
    • 4,871 Thanks
    s4mmy
    11 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.100.12
    3x McVitie's Victoria Carton (600g) 9.003.00
    1x New Covent Garden Slow Roast Tomato Soup (600g) 2.001.05
    1x Cow & Gate The Super Yummies Pumpkin & Rosemary Breadsticks (100g) 1.00N/A
    0.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.110.10
    0.11x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.090.10
    1x MOMA Cranberry & Raisin Porridge (375g) 1.501.49
    0.11x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.080.08
    1x Cow & Gate Pear & Berries Rice Cakes (40g) 0.65N/A
    2x McVitie's Family Circle (670g) 4.001.50
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.10N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) 16.887.44
    +9.44 cheaper
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 4th Jan 18, 7:49 AM
    • 2,716 Posts
    • 38,009 Thanks
    Claire1972
    11 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Waitrose
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.100.12
    3x McVitie's Victoria Carton (600g) 9.003.00
    1x New Covent Garden Slow Roast Tomato Soup (600g) 2.001.05
    1x Cow & Gate The Super Yummies Pumpkin & Rosemary Breadsticks (100g) 1.00N/A
    0.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.110.10
    0.11x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.090.10
    1x MOMA Cranberry & Raisin Porridge (375g) 1.501.49
    0.11x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.080.08
    1x Cow & Gate Pear & Berries Rice Cakes (40g) 0.65N/A
    2x McVitie's Family Circle (670g) 4.001.50
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.10N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) 16.887.44
    +9.44 cheaper
    Thanks sammy were plenty in last night of the biscuits and can I do these with a muller shop
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 4th Jan 18, 7:52 AM
    • 15,058 Posts
    • 128,670 Thanks
    zagubov
    Good morning to all regulars, posters, visitors and lurkers!
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 4th Jan 18, 8:03 AM
    • 2,727 Posts
    • 36,806 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning Elite.
    Hugs to those in need. Have a great day.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • s4mmy
    • By s4mmy 4th Jan 18, 8:12 AM
    • 588 Posts
    • 4,871 Thanks
    s4mmy
    Claire
    There were lots of biscuits in the seasonal aisle but be careful with the mullers as not sure that all flavours compare. There were very few options available in store last night - the shelves were empty!
    • MKS
    • By MKS 4th Jan 18, 8:30 AM
    • 9,575 Posts
    • 149,036 Thanks
    MKS
    Wheres your biscuits
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I'm not really a biscuit eater and don't want to put on weight!! I actually lost half a pound over Christmas and it was the first time that I ate and drank lots over the festive period!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 4th Jan 18, 8:33 AM
    • 32,575 Posts
    • 462,799 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thanks sammy were plenty in last night of the biscuits and can I do these with a muller shop
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    The biscuits are only against W Claire.....I would follow someone elses shop for good comparisons. Wookyhole had posted a crisp comparison this morning

Folk are buying the mullers v S
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 4th Jan 18, 8:35 AM
    • 32,575 Posts
    • 462,799 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    ChelseaFred is pipping his horn. Off to the salad mountain

I will do my best today to walk more steps than the meagre amount I did yesterday and also drink no alcohol......
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 4th Jan 18, 8:38 AM
    • 32,575 Posts
    • 462,799 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Oh yes......very quickly....did someone mention the Whitworth shots down to 10p in A?

20p cashback on TCB plus new offers Ryvita, Greek yoghurt etc
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 4th Jan 18, 8:46 AM
    • 12,157 Posts
    • 139,110 Thanks
    Anon
    Hi
    Just been reading your views on Android Pay. I think it’s linked to the device even with factory reset I couldn’t add a new account. I have managed to get one using a new gmail, same card on my Samsung tablet - you can’t use this to pay with but I set up the new account with the tap and pay showing then signed in on my A3 which the previous account had been on. I hope this makes sense. I suppose a cheap android with at least 4.4( to download android pay) would work to set up an account even with no nfc as once the account is set up then sign in on a phone with nfc.
    Originally posted by thry9698
    It does seem few people have reported getting it to work again on the same device (even after a reset and OH/new email/new bank card combinations).

The most successful combination seems to be new device/ different card/different email address.

Factory reset and removing SIM/different SIM, new card and new email didn’t work for me!

It does seem that if you buy a second hand device and they previously had Android Pay activated on the device you would miss out on the promo - that would be even more disappointing!

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 04-01-2018 at 8:53 AM.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 4th Jan 18, 8:55 AM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 113,886 Thanks
    emerald21
    Thanks for this.

So do you see the envelopes offer on the non-nfc device and then find that it then works on the previously used nfc phone? Do you have to remove or reinstall anything from the previously used nfc phone or simply add the second google account?

Edit: I see pizza express 5 mains O2 is back, can these be combined with the droid vouchers? In the past you could certainly use the o2 mains then pay with a pizza express gift card as they simply gave a smaller bill rather than counting as an offer.

We had this with a meccano meccanoid, tried using rechargeables plus convertor (aa to c cell) but 4.8v was not enough. WE were able to buy a large rechargeable 6v 'camping battery' charged by a car charger as the robot has space to mount it and wire that into the battery connections but I suspect the aesthetics of the furby would not be improved with this approach....
    Originally posted by michaels
    You can use the pe wins with the 5 meals as it acts like money not a voucher and you dont need to use the whole amount in one go

Good Morning all
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 4th Jan 18, 8:56 AM
    • 2,716 Posts
    • 38,009 Thanks
    Claire1972
    Claire
    There were lots of biscuits in the seasonal aisle but be careful with the mullers as not sure that all flavours compare. There were very few options available in store last night - the shelves were empty!
    Thanks Ive got them x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

900Posts Today

6,727Users online

Martin's Twitter