Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    • 32,125Posts
    • 37,858Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 8:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 8:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 69
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 3rd Jan 18, 1:38 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    shaggy
    No, it's an optional £12 a month extra although I think you need it if you want UltraHD content (and yes, that makes no sense).
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    i keep trying to justify sky Q but I dont think its worth the extra, plus once they fit the different cables in for Sky Q theres no way you can go back to the old Sky+ HD , unless someone can correct me?

Im coming up for renewal soon, and i dont think they will match my £18.50 for movies + sports + the rest, no contract Im too addicted to Netflix now and unless they match it, or thereabouts, its goodbye Sky. The only thing I'd miss is GoT, but can get that alternative ways
    • superleeds27
    • By superleeds27 3rd Jan 18, 2:05 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    superleeds27
    definitely a rip off.

The more people that cancel the better deals that we're all likely to get ...

What is Sky Q multi screen by the way? I thought Sky Q was multi screen by default?
    Originally posted by shaggy
    Just spoke to someone else on LiveChat, and the best they can offer me is £75.85 a month for 12 months, this then goes up to £95.95 after that.

Thats £10 more than what i should be paying now?

I understand your point and I have just re-checked your account and as per notes in your account, I can see you been offered the deal in £56.80 a month which is our best and last offer. And we are bound to work as per system guidelines as we do not have a control on it and system allows us to check or add deal only if it shows on your account and we can't add the deal on the basis what other customer's are getting. I completely understand your point and if I would be able to improve the offer then believe me, I would be the happiest person on earth however that's our best and last TV Offer. Even if you call or chat to other advisor then they also won't be able to provide anything more than that. We all are working here as an advisor and we are not the one who make offers, we can only check the offer which are there in your account and let you know the prices accordingly. We wish, we could make exception for you.
    Last edited by superleeds27; 03-01-2018 at 2:10 PM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 3rd Jan 18, 3:12 PM
    • 1,500 Posts
    • 634 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    i keep trying to justify sky Q but I dont think its worth the extra, plus once they fit the different cables in for Sky Q theres no way you can go back to the old Sky+ HD , unless someone can correct me?
    It's not the cables that are changed but the LNB on the end of the dish. It's easy enough to get an HD+ compatible one on Amazon or a hybrid version so that both systems are supported. The only difficulty may be reaching the dish itself.
    • m19rts
    • By m19rts 3rd Jan 18, 4:41 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    m19rts
    Further discounts available
    My SKY Q full package with additional mini box (multiscreen) deal at £42 has ended.
    I gave my notice last month and service is due to stop tomorrow.

Today I have been offered the same package (Box Sets, Movies, Sports, Sports HD & Multiscreen) for £55 per month for 12 months on a 12 month contract.
    Prior to this I was told that £63.40 was the best price that I could be offered.
    Furthermore, the agent today even stated that £55 is not low enough it might be a good idea for me to check again in a few days (i.e. after my service actually stops).
    • superleeds27
    • By superleeds27 3rd Jan 18, 5:14 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    superleeds27
    My SKY Q full package with additional mini box (multiscreen) deal at £42 has ended.
    I gave my notice last month and service is due to stop tomorrow.

Today I have been offered the same package (Box Sets, Movies, Sports, Sports HD & Multiscreen) for £55 per month for 12 months on a 12 month contract.
    Prior to this I was told that £63.40 was the best price that I could be offered.
    Furthermore, the agent today even stated that £55 is not low enough it might be a good idea for me to check again in a few days (i.e. after my service actually stops).
    Originally posted by m19rts
    £1.60 less than me, and, you get movies too!
    Last edited by superleeds27; 03-01-2018 at 5:28 PM.
    • superleeds27
    • By superleeds27 3rd Jan 18, 5:29 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    superleeds27
    I've managed to get this:

40% off the following

Box Sets Bundle @ £38.00 pm
    Sports Pack @ £27.50 pm
    Sky Sports HD Pack @ £6.00 pm

Then this on top

Sky Q Multiscreen 1 @ £12.00 pm

So the total monthly cost will be £54.90 p/m for 12 months Thereafter 83.50 per month.

With £25 credited to my account. Roughly works out at £52 a month.
    Last edited by superleeds27; 03-01-2018 at 5:32 PM.
    • KTF
    • By KTF 3rd Jan 18, 5:37 PM
    • 4,556 Posts
    • 1,873 Thanks
    KTF
    I've managed to get this:

40% off the following

Box Sets Bundle @ £38.00 pm
    Sports Pack @ £27.50 pm
    Sky Sports HD Pack @ £6.00 pm

Then this on top

Sky Q Multiscreen 1 @ £12.00 pm

So the total monthly cost will be £54.90 p/m for 12 months Thereafter 83.50 per month.

With £25 credited to my account. Roughly works out at £52 a month.
    Originally posted by superleeds27
    For comparison on the 'Left sky in the last 12 months' on mysky its showing for me:

Sky Entertainment - £13 (usually £20)
    Box Sets - £3 (£5)
    HD - £3 (£5)
    Sports - £16.50 (£27.50)
    Sports HD - £4 (£6)
    Total £39.50

You may want to have a look there to see what deal is showing.
    • m19rts
    • By m19rts 3rd Jan 18, 5:48 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    m19rts
    For comparison on the 'Left sky in the last 12 months' on mysky its showing for me:

Sky Entertainment - £13 (usually £20)
    Box Sets - £3 (£5)
    HD - £3 (£5)
    Sports - £16.50 (£27.50)
    Sports HD - £4 (£6)
    Total £39.50

You may want to have a look there to see what deal is showing.
    Originally posted by KTF
    Is that for SKY HD or SKY Q?
    • KTF
    • By KTF 3rd Jan 18, 5:50 PM
    • 4,556 Posts
    • 1,873 Thanks
    KTF
    Sky HD as I do not have a Q box. The new packages should be available to existing customers any day now if not already.
    • m19rts
    • By m19rts 3rd Jan 18, 5:51 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    m19rts
    Sky HD as I do not have a Q box. The new packages should be available to existing customers any day now if not already.
    Originally posted by KTF
    I believe the discounts offered on SKY HD go up to 60% at the moment whereas SKY Q are around 40%
    • superleeds27
    • By superleeds27 3rd Jan 18, 5:51 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    superleeds27
    Originally posted by KTF
    Yeah i'm on Q.

Sky account was showing 30% off.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 3rd Jan 18, 8:18 PM
    • 8,700 Posts
    • 5,151 Thanks
    teddysmum

Im coming up for renewal soon, and i dont think they will match my £18.50 for movies + sports + the rest, no contract Im too addicted to Netflix now and unless they match it, or thereabouts, its goodbye Sky. The only thing I'd miss is GoT, but can get that alternative ways
    I've been off Sky now for over 2 months (no offers since leaving) and am only missing pause etc, but can do this with the smart catchups anyway.

I am using catchup to discover older programmes, that I didn't know existed, with lots to see yet,as I'm only just onto BBC 3.
    • Jf555
    • By Jf555 3rd Jan 18, 8:28 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jf555
    Hi all, after some advice.

Been offered the 40% off sky HD full package, but my question is would I be able to take this (or hopefully slightly more discount) on HD on a 12 month contract and then upgrade immediately to Sky Q for £12 a month extra?
    • MrsWenger
    • By MrsWenger 3rd Jan 18, 10:02 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    MrsWenger
    Hi all, after some advice.

Been offered the 40% off sky HD full package, but my question is would I be able to take this (or hopefully slightly more discount) on HD on a 12 month contract and then upgrade immediately to Sky Q for £12 a month extra?
    Originally posted by Jf555
    Hi Jf555, may I ask if you were offered 40% discount on the phone or via live chat please?

I refused a deal from Retentions, gave notice and now have 30% showing on my online account. Will wait to nearer my end date to see if I am contacted or if the offer increases online.

Currently have full package with HD paying £32 per month. Best retention offer was £49.95. Normal price quoted at £80.00.
    • Jf555
    • By Jf555 3rd Jan 18, 10:41 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jf555
    Hi Jf555, may I ask if you were offered 40% discount on the phone or via live chat please?

I refused a deal from Retentions, gave notice and now have 30% showing on my online account. Will wait to nearer my end date to see if I am contacted or if the offer increases online.

Currently have full package with HD paying £32 per month. Best retention offer was £49.95. Normal price quoted at £80.00.
    Originally posted by MrsWenger
    It was through the live chat. Iíve heard that they are offering up to around 60% off HD packages at the moment but Iím not too sure how accurate that is. Iíd try the live chat now youíve given notice and see what they have to say.
    • malky39
    • By malky39 3rd Jan 18, 11:04 PM
    • 646 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    malky39
    When you say "signed back up", did you actually properly leave or did you renegotiate that during a cancellation period?

If renegotiated, did you do that via chat or phone?
    Originally posted by edmund_blackadder
    I had been disconnected for about 2 weeks, this was done over the phone. I had an issue with my view card not being activated and when I called up to sort it they then offered me sports for £6 a month for 12 months as compensation but I declined as I do not watch sports.
    • PLYSU
    • By PLYSU 4th Jan 18, 2:26 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    PLYSU
    I got offered 40% off entertainment package (my dad only uses it for AT THE RACES) I had to pay £10 admin charge and agree to 18 month contract. Had to accept this as I don't live there and if that racing channel went off, my dad would be raging.

My £15 broadband and telephone with SKY deal ends next month but when I try to get a quote elsehwere it say I need a new telephone line and then adds extra charges.
    • Sparkiee
    • By Sparkiee 4th Jan 18, 7:21 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Sparkiee
    I thought I had a good deal until I came here. I’ll be trying the cancel and renegotiate tactic.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 4th Jan 18, 9:57 AM
    • 1,500 Posts
    • 634 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I’ve heard that they are offering up to around 60% off HD packages at the moment but I’m not too sure how accurate that is.
    Originally posted by Jf555
    No, 60% offers are rarer than hens teeth. 50% plus a £25 credit seems the norm and pretty easy to achieve as long as you do schedule a cancellation (no need to actually follow through) for either a fixed term 12/18 months or 12/18 rolling monthly contract.

This is on HD+, Sky Q seems to be 40% maximum generally.
    • Jf555
    • By Jf555 4th Jan 18, 4:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jf555
    No, 60% offers are rarer than hens teeth. 50% plus a £25 credit seems the norm and pretty easy to achieve as long as you do schedule a cancellation (no need to actually follow through) for either a fixed term 12/18 months or 12/18 rolling monthly contract.

This is on HD+, Sky Q seems to be 40% maximum generally.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    Ahh fair enough, would I be able to accept the discounted Sky HD package and then upgrade immediately to Sky Q? Iíve got two offers, the one for sky HD is less (even when you add the £12 a month extra for sky Q which is what I plan on doing) than the direct switch to sky Q offer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

900Posts Today

6,727Users online

Martin's Twitter