Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • samsung laptop
    • By samsung laptop 7th Dec 17, 9:45 PM
    • 258Posts
    • 20Thanks
    samsung laptop
    Should I ask for a partial refund
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:45 PM
    Should I ask for a partial refund 7th Dec 17 at 9:45 PM
    I ordered a genuine part for my tumble dryer but the seller sent a universal part so I opened a dispute and the seller said it's a genuine part but in a different packaging from one of their other brands but if I had known that I would be sent a universal part before I ordered I wouldn't have bought it. So to save sending it back should I ask for a partial refund as the part I have been sent you can buy it a lot cheaper from other sellers.
Page 1
    • Dox
    • By Dox 7th Dec 17, 9:50 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    Dox
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:50 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:50 PM
    If the item isn't genuine, open a case as SNAD, given that you appear to have wanted a genuine part. A partial refund won't make the item genuine.
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 8th Dec 17, 12:01 AM
    • 4,455 Posts
    • 3,826 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 8th Dec 17, 12:01 AM
    • 8th Dec 17, 12:01 AM
    As above, if you aren't happy with the item then return for a refund (at the sellers expense) and buy the part you want.
    • samsung laptop
    • By samsung laptop 8th Dec 17, 10:26 AM
    • 258 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    samsung laptop
    • 8th Dec 17, 10:26 AM
    • 8th Dec 17, 10:26 AM
    The part didn't have to be genuine. I only bought the genuine part because it was the only seller selling it for a couple of pound extra than some wanted for a cheaper item.
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 8th Dec 17, 11:06 AM
    • 248 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 8th Dec 17, 11:06 AM
    • 8th Dec 17, 11:06 AM
    Then why make a fuss if it didn't matter? By all means contact the seller and see if they will offer a partial refund - or just get on with life and don't worry about it.
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 8th Dec 17, 11:28 AM
    • 4,455 Posts
    • 3,826 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 8th Dec 17, 11:28 AM
    • 8th Dec 17, 11:28 AM
    I can see the OP's point. If I am paying the extra for a genuine part, it would be nice to actually get a genuine part.
    If you aren't bothered and happy to keep the item at the price you paid, then I would just leave netural/negative feedback that the part wasn't genuine as described and move on with your life.

Or just get a SNAD return and buy elsewhere.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

249Posts Today

1,308Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin