Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search

Results: Do you think 99p a track is a good deal?

Yes, you old tightwad! 99p is cheap as chips!

0% • 0 votes

No, I'd like to see lower prices / more competition for music downloads!

100.00% • 1 votes

You may not vote on this poll

1 votes in total.

Page 3
    • MimiG
    • By MimiG 20th May 16, 4:17 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    MimiG
    MTV Trax free with EE sim
    MTV are running an ad for a new MTV TRAX SIM. You get 7GB, free music, 500 mins and U/L texts all included with a £15 top up and there's no contract. It's with EE. Has anyone tried it? mtvtraxsim.com Kids want music but Spotify on VF is too expensive so fingers crossed this is a good deal.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 21st May 16, 12:35 PM
    • 30,432 Posts
    • 19,236 Thanks
    DCFC79
    MTV are running an ad for a new MTV TRAX SIM. You get 7GB, free music, 500 mins and U/L texts all included with a £15 top up and there's no contract. It's with EE. Has anyone tried it? mtvtraxsim.com Kids want music but Spotify on VF is too expensive so fingers crossed this is a good deal.
    Originally posted by MimiG
    Thats the same post you posted 7 minutes earlier.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • MimiG
    • By MimiG 21st May 16, 4:41 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    MimiG
    Sorry, not sure why you've commented on my posts? I posted on 2 different forums to share and hear feedback on this? Sorry if that's confused anyone!
    Life is a lottery. You need to be in it to win it.
    • gracemarie
    • By gracemarie 8th Jun 16, 12:35 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    gracemarie
    Never heard of these before. Thanks for sharing!
    • bibirella
    • By bibirella 16th Jun 16, 8:38 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    bibirella
    I'm a huge soundcloud fan!! you find music you like, people are reposting and then you can be part of musical styles groups! this is dope
    • Missli
    • By Missli 4th Aug 16, 9:59 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 16,608 Thanks
    Missli
    I listen to Prime music a fair bit. I know not free, but good if you subscribe to Amazon Prime anyway
    • parking_question_chap
    • By parking_question_chap 23rd Aug 16, 10:52 PM
    • 1,413 Posts
    • 1,236 Thanks
    parking_question_chap
    Youtube and copy the link into any youtube converter.

Not downloading anything under copywrite of course.

Then just drag and drop the files to your phone.
    • MimiG
    • By MimiG 26th Aug 16, 4:25 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    MimiG
    Back to school payg 7gb sim + mtv music @cpw
    Carphone Warehouse MTV TRAX SIM promo

The MTV Trax SIM tops up EE’s standard Everything Pack, boosting the usual 2GB data allowance to a massive 7GB. You also get 500 minutes, unlimited texts and a free MTV Trax premium subscription for six months – all for £15 a month.

Life is a lottery. You need to be in it to win it.
    • alan55
    • By alan55 10th Jan 17, 8:15 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    alan55
    Also prefer soundcloud
    • K80 Black
    • By K80 Black 28th Jul 17, 8:17 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    K80 Black
    If you like alternative/punk music, then have a google for 'quote unquote records' (new user, can't post links!)

It's run by a lovely guy called Jeff Rosenstock who releases all of his and his friends music for donations. That means you can download the entire label for free, without giving them your email even.

My top picks for getting you into this record label are: Jeff Rosenstock - WORRY., Laura Stevenson - Live at the Vera Club, and Antarctigo Vespucci - Leavin' la vida Loca

If you do like the music and want to support him and his buddies, then you can donate, or check out his other label 'Really Records' if you like vinyl.
    • Daniel059
    • By Daniel059 31st Jul 17, 5:22 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Daniel059
    I just signed up to Spotify for free and get access to all tracks I want including relevant playlists. Get the occasional ad which I don't mind. Does the job for me.
    • Larches
    • By Larches 1st Aug 17, 9:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Larches
    Is there such a thing as cheap, legal mp3 downloads?
    I've been hunting around to see if there's a more economical way to buy music from well-known artists, rather than coughing up nearly a quid a track on Amazon or iTunes (yes, I know that's still cheaper than albums ever used to be, but this is MSE, right? ).

So, where on earth is the competition for the above two ubiquitous sites? I don't want whole albums, I don't want a subscription, I don't want streaming... I just want to be able to download and keep individual tracks that I like without spending too much but without resorting to illegal means, where the artists get nothing whatsoever. A pick & mix (e.g. buy 10 tracks, save 10% or whatever) approach would be great, but nobody seems to offer that.

Am I missing something? Or am I just taking this whole money-saving lark too far, and should just stump up some shiny round pounds to keep these talented folk in bubbly and limousines?
    • Monika333
    • By Monika333 15th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Monika333
    This is a great stuff! thanks for sharing!
    • Monika333
    • By Monika333 15th Sep 17, 7:35 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Monika333
    I also like Spotify and use it very often
    • ashishverma011
    • By ashishverma011 21st Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ashishverma011
    I use Savan app for listening music online. It has a good collction of songs and genre. I enjoy it.
    • Talukdar
    • By Talukdar 1st Oct 17, 7:35 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Talukdar
    Spotify does not cover my country. I had installed the mobile app but I had to delete it. I don't know why they don't support my country, I really don't understand that. I use YouTube to listen to Free online music.
    • trucdev88
    • By trucdev88 16th Nov 17, 4:28 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    trucdev88
    Copyright is always important problem in industrial entertainment. Therefore, just some websites are for free. Tks for sharing.
    • Robm1955
    • By Robm1955 20th Nov 17, 11:20 AM
    • 333 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    Robm1955
    Not exactly free, but I've signed up to Deezer Prime for 99p, for 3 months. No ads, and you can create your own playlists. I cancelled straight away, so I don't have to worry about having to pay when the 3 months is up.
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 5th Dec 17, 9:55 AM
    • 8,838 Posts
    • 21,149 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Re-opened this thread. The poll's old but the discussion's good
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,250Posts Today

5,679Users online

Martin's Twitter