Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Leggy1982
    • By Leggy1982 13th Nov 17, 5:46 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Leggy1982
    Barclaycard - reduce your interest
    • 13th Nov 17, 5:46 PM
    Barclaycard - reduce your interest 13th Nov 17 at 5:46 PM
    Hi all, I couldn't get a balance transfer to move debt from my barclaycard. Interest was on standard rate 18.6%.

What to do- I called barclaycard and told them I had been offered 36mths interest free from another company and asked what they could do to keep me as I didn't want to leave them.

They offered me 2 years at 6.9% a massive saving for me. I also haggled one month interest free. Go for it!!
Page 1
    • Camille2017
    • By Camille2017 10th Dec 17, 4:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Camille2017
    • 10th Dec 17, 4:41 PM
    • 10th Dec 17, 4:41 PM
    Hi, I called Barclaycard yesterday for the same reason, and they refused to reduce my interest rate at all, even though I said I'd found a 0% interest deal elsewhere. I'm just curious if you said anything specific to get that offer out of them?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,291Posts Today

5,487Users online

Martin's Twitter