Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,410Posts
    • 35,479Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 68
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Nov 17, 8:09 PM
    • 9,470 Posts
    • 110,574 Thanks
    emerald21
    Thanks Emerald. Im not bothered about it being a bit slow as it would only be used for android pay and o2 & won2 apps, thats it.
    Just the appeal of free stuff is luring me lol

Do you know when this android pay prizes offer finishes?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Not really no but I know that I have a month to take advantage of these prizes . So it could be a month from when you start . So the sooner the better
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Nov 17, 8:11 PM
    • 9,470 Posts
    • 110,574 Thanks
    emerald21
    I got a nice lady in Asda who after my self service till dies trying to use a 27 apg took my 3 shops over to the self scan and scanned them all and happily took my 90 quids worth of apgs including 27 and 22 on a single shop

They had only 2 Nivea Q10 hand creams - are these 3 for 2 against other products too? I thought I needed 6 anyway so didn't buy?
    Originally posted by michaels
    Wow tell her to come and work in Nellie s and my Asda pleaseeeeeee. Think you can buy in three s .
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Nov 17, 8:12 PM
    • 27,957 Posts
    • 412,760 Thanks
    tweets
    Wonder if Harry Styles will fall on or off stage on X Factor haha
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • aaarrrggghhh
    • By aaarrrggghhh 11th Nov 17, 8:12 PM
    • 1,227 Posts
    • 10,341 Thanks
    aaarrrggghhh
    Not posted in YEARS but thought I'd share this (in exchange for the 'several' gift sets, shower gels, shampoos and hand washes I have acquired in recent days):

APG tips:

1. You don't need to set up/register an email address. Nothing useful is sent there, your voucher appears on screen after entering receipt details. davemortonlikespies@yahoo.co.uk doesn't need to be a registered email address, just whack anything in there. No need for Yopmail. I tend to make them long and obscure enough not to 'clash' with a real account.

2. I use a different email address each day. Don't have to remember it as I print off the vouchers as they appear and use a different email the next day.

3. Use this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_postcode_areas_in_the_United_Kingdom Work my way through the list each day e.g. AB1 1AA one day, AB1 2AA the next, etc. Pick a random address, preferably a shop so you're not infringing on someone else's allowance.

4. Use an incognito window on Google Chrome to check all receipts and print vouchers.

So, today, I may have been kimkardashian@gmail.com, living at The Barber Shop, Aberdeen AB1 1AA. Tomorrow, I'll use khloekardashian@gmail.com, living at The Corner Shop, Aberdeen AB1 2AA.

In other news, came back from America last month, and the Walmarts there have signage up everywhere that the APG is ending this year to be replaced by 'everyday low prices'. I hope it's not a sign of things to come over here.
    10 Ways to Spend All Your Student Loan In A Week
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 11th Nov 17, 8:13 PM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 23,246 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    Thanks Emerald. Im not bothered about it being a bit slow as it would only be used for android pay and o2 & won2 apps, thats it.
    Just the appeal of free stuff is luring me lol

Do you know when this android pay prizes offer finishes?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    11th dec.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Nov 17, 8:19 PM
    • 11,691 Posts
    • 134,329 Thanks
    Anon
    Advice please from 3bay experts.

I sold an item on 3bay that contained a Li-Ion battery. The buyer bought through the Global Shipping Programme which states under prohibited items:

Batteries (with exception of those that come included with consumer electronics such as AA, C, Li-ion batteries)

By that definition my item is legitimate and should have been sent on.

They have written today saying:

The item was stopped at the Global Shipping Centre and has been restricted from international postage. The item will not be sent on to its final destination.

It then says:

No further action is needed at this time. We’ve let your buyer know why the item couldn’t be delivered.

Under the terms of the Global Shipping Programme your buyer will be refunded automatically and you are entitled to keep the proceeds from the transaction.

So does this mean they have refunded the buyer but I still keep my full sale money? 3bay shows as refunded - P4yPal shows as refunded in text against the original payment in transaction, but has not taken the money back out.

Sorry if I am being thick - the Email also shows my item as a null selling Price, Null sold and the information is contradictory! Oh, and it should have been sent, Li-Ion built in was fine!! It was over 50 hence my worry.

Many thanks

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 11-11-2017 at 8:34 PM.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Nov 17, 8:20 PM
    • 9,470 Posts
    • 110,574 Thanks
    emerald21
    11th dec.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8

Oh lol I started just at the right time. Thats when I dont have to pay cash because I cant locate my phone in my full bag and there s a queue behind me .
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Nov 17, 8:27 PM
    • 11,691 Posts
    • 134,329 Thanks
    Anon
    Not posted in YEARS but thought I'd share this (in exchange for the 'several' gift sets, shower gels, shampoos and hand washes I have acquired in recent days):

APG tips:

1. You don't need to set up/register an email address. Nothing useful is sent there, your voucher appears on screen after entering receipt details. davemortonlikespies@yahoo.co.uk doesn't need to be a registered email address, just whack anything in there. No need for Yopmail. I tend to make them long and obscure enough not to 'clash' with a real account.

2. I use a different email address each day. Don't have to remember it as I print off the vouchers as they appear and use a different email the next day.

3. Use this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_postcode_areas_in_the_United_Kingdom Work my way through the list each day e.g. AB1 1AA one day, AB1 2AA the next, etc. Pick a random address, preferably a shop so you're not infringing on someone else's allowance.

4. Use an incognito window on Google Chrome to check all receipts and print vouchers.

So, today, I may have been kimkardashian@gmail.com, living at The Barber Shop, Aberdeen AB1 1AA. Tomorrow, I'll use khloekardashian@gmail.com, living at The Corner Shop, Aberdeen AB1 2AA.

In other news, came back from America last month, and the Walmarts there have signage up everywhere that the APG is ending this year to be replaced by 'everyday low prices'. I hope it's not a sign of things to come over here.
    Originally posted by aaarrrggghhh
    Welcome back.

Thank you - there is no need to set up all the new accounts each day though - just use up to 10/100 before moving on to the next, keep track of what you put in and re-use the account next month .

I didn’t know W4lmart had an apg equivalent in the US.

Anon
    • aaarrrggghhh
    • By aaarrrggghhh 11th Nov 17, 8:29 PM
    • 1,227 Posts
    • 10,341 Thanks
    aaarrrggghhh
    Welcome back.

Thank you - there is no need to set up all the new accounts each day though - just use up to 10/100 before moving on to the next, keep track of what you put in and re-use the account next month .

I didn’t know W4lmart had an apg equivalent in the US.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I just find it easier to set up daily. No counting of APG values or receipts. It's far easier just to set up a new account each day - last week I was The Queen, Glenn Hoddle and Katie Price, amongst others, all living in Aberdeen...

I can't remember what the APG was called in Walmart (WPG?) but I definitely saw the signage that their 'price guarantee' was ending.
    Last edited by aaarrrggghhh; 11-11-2017 at 8:32 PM.
    10 Ways to Spend All Your Student Loan In A Week
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Nov 17, 8:46 PM
    • 13,991 Posts
    • 245,746 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    If any one wants to know....

The Renovo loo roll is like a soft suede but mean on size ...
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Nov 17, 8:53 PM
    • 48,139 Posts
    • 592,199 Thanks
    bubbs

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I didnt get any, as there was no price on them and they were 5.xx each i said how much?!!!
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 4lb week 34
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Nov 17, 9:01 PM
    • 24,850 Posts
    • 306,554 Thanks
    davemorton
    X factor, how many great songs are they eventually going to manage to destroy tonight?
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Nov 17, 9:02 PM
    • 48,139 Posts
    • 592,199 Thanks
    bubbs
    X factor, how many great songs are they eventually going to manage to destroy tonight?
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Moan, moan, moan
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Nov 17, 9:03 PM
    • 11,691 Posts
    • 134,329 Thanks
    Anon
    W earlier

4 x Sensation California Honey MyP
    Latte
    Mail
    Christmas Food Mag

13.25 ...
    1.07 (after free paoer, free coffee, free food mag, BGas 10% and MyP) .

Anon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Nov 17, 9:05 PM
    • 24,850 Posts
    • 306,554 Thanks
    davemorton
    Moan, moan, moan
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Nov 17, 9:05 PM
    • 27,957 Posts
    • 412,760 Thanks
    tweets
    Jack and Joel rest bobbins so far lol
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Nov 17, 9:08 PM
    • 18,169 Posts
    • 198,311 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Ooh, thank you, shall be 'moving' onto that in a few days
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Nov 17, 9:08 PM
    • 24,850 Posts
    • 306,554 Thanks
    davemorton
    Jack and Joel rest bobbins so far lol
    Originally posted by tweets
    I think they have all been carp so far.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Nov 17, 9:11 PM
    • 48,139 Posts
    • 592,199 Thanks
    bubbs
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 11th Nov 17, 9:15 PM
    • 2,640 Posts
    • 33,985 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback

Originally posted by aaarrrggghhh
    Walmart have never had a voucher system like the APG as there prices are generally the lowest across the US.
    What's going is their price matching which matches competitors pricing ( a la John Lewis)
    I've used that on more than one occasion in the past and still have
    the gift cards with $ credit on them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,386Posts Today

6,577Users online

Martin's Twitter