Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TeamPlum
    • By TeamPlum 11th Nov 17, 5:20 PM
    • 174Posts
    • 414Thanks
    TeamPlum
    Company delivered the wrong sofa
    • 11th Nov 17, 5:20 PM
    Company delivered the wrong sofa 11th Nov 17 at 5:20 PM
    Ordered a corner (right hand) sofa, waited 8 weeks, company sent left hand.

I cant make this work in the room, as the sofa doesnt fit in any other orientation.

The company has taken responsibility, advised us to keep the incorrect sofa so we have something to sit on.

They are going to ring us on Monday to discuss re-delivery. What are my rights?

I can't guarantee the condition of the sofa in the interim, given it's a busy family home - does this matter?
Page 1
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 11th Nov 17, 5:31 PM
    • 3,347 Posts
    • 5,723 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 11th Nov 17, 5:31 PM
    • 11th Nov 17, 5:31 PM
    Ordered a corner (right hand) sofa, waited 8 weeks, company sent left hand.

I cant make this work in the room, as the sofa doesnt fit in any other orientation.

The company has taken responsibility, advised us to keep the incorrect sofa so we have something to sit on.

They are going to ring us on Monday to discuss re-delivery. What are my rights?

I can't guarantee the condition of the sofa in the interim, given it's a busy family home - does this matter?
    Originally posted by TeamPlum
    You need to take care of it while it is in your possession, put throws over it and donít let your busy family eat on it or put their feet up with shoes, try to keep pets off and donít let kids jump on it. Itís not tha5 difficult.
    • NotRichAtAll
    • By NotRichAtAll 11th Nov 17, 8:02 PM
    • 679 Posts
    • 502 Thanks
    NotRichAtAll
    • 11th Nov 17, 8:02 PM
    • 11th Nov 17, 8:02 PM
    I can't guarantee the condition of the sofa in the interim, given it's a busy family home
    So your saying your new sofa when you get it, will have a life span of weeks given its in a busy family home?
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 11th Nov 17, 8:11 PM
    • 1,004 Posts
    • 687 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    • 11th Nov 17, 8:11 PM
    • 11th Nov 17, 8:11 PM
    You need to take care of it while it is in your possession, put throws over it and donít let your busy family eat on it or put their feet up with shoes, try to keep pets off and donít let kids jump on it. Itís not tha5 difficult.
    Originally posted by Fosterdog

Simply throw a plastic decorator's dust-sheet over it. Available from Homebase, B&Q etc. (PS - they are surprisingly large, but are designed to protect furniture covering's etc.)

If the supplier has accepted responsibility, why are you worried about your rights? You are entitled to what you agreed to buy. Wait and see if it's resolved.
    • kelpie35
    • By kelpie35 11th Nov 17, 9:22 PM
    • 1,521 Posts
    • 4,832 Thanks
    kelpie35
    • 11th Nov 17, 9:22 PM
    • 11th Nov 17, 9:22 PM
    You will need to keep your cats off it, it is your responsibility.

You did say a busy family home, don't think the sofa company would expect the sofa to be spoiled by an animal.
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 11th Nov 17, 9:27 PM
    • 10,811 Posts
    • 22,504 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    • 11th Nov 17, 9:27 PM
    • 11th Nov 17, 9:27 PM
    Sorry but if you cannot take reasonable care of it ask them to take it away.
    • Sarastro
    • By Sarastro 11th Nov 17, 10:18 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    Sarastro
    • 11th Nov 17, 10:18 PM
    • 11th Nov 17, 10:18 PM
    Why am i worries about my rights? Why do you think? So i can deal with a company and know how i should be treated. Partial refund? Goodwill gesture?
    Originally posted by TeamPlum
    Why? What do you think you should be compensated for? They made a mistake. Their responsibility to put it right by collecting the sofa and delivering what you ordered. Letting you use it for the interim as long as it isn't damaged seems fair.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

774Posts Today

6,415Users online

Martin's Twitter