Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,410Posts
    • 35,479Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 67
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Nov 17, 7:14 PM
    • 9,470 Posts
    • 110,574 Thanks
    emerald21
    Well I haven t seen a simple guide to getting started . You mainly read what it says when you download the app. You have to add a Visa card and get confirmation from your bank which was done almost straight away. Need to go into settings in the phone and click on the bit where it says to allow android pay.

To add a card an oblong shape appears on the phone and Your put your card at the back of it for it to be scanned. When its all set up you press android pay on the self service checkout and put your Phone up to the scanning machine and it should work.

I managed it eventually

Re android phones buy the best you can afford I would say. Cheaper ones 50 to 60 dont work as well as one say 100. They are slower , harder to use , less storage so less apps etc etc. Any other questions fire away and I ll do my best to answer
    Originally posted by emerald21

No referral that I know of.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Nov 17, 7:16 PM
    • 9,470 Posts
    • 110,574 Thanks
    emerald21
    Another question if you have claimed over 10 apgs in a month, can you carry it over till the next month or will you loose it? I have entered it and it just said Ive already had 10 claims! 🤔
    Originally posted by Claire1972

No you dont lose it you have to wait till next month to do it again . Make sure you keep a note of which e mail address you used
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Nov 17, 7:18 PM
    • 9,470 Posts
    • 110,574 Thanks
    emerald21
    I would want to eat them
    Originally posted by bubbs

Yes thats the usual idea bubbs. Bet it was scary for you and well done on hubbies win
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 11th Nov 17, 7:23 PM
    • 2,584 Posts
    • 36,726 Thanks
    Claire1972
    No you dont lose it you have to wait till next month to do it again . Make sure you keep a note of which e mail address you used
    Yes I have. Are people just making up new email adresses?
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Nov 17, 7:24 PM
    • 9,470 Posts
    • 110,574 Thanks
    emerald21
    I presume so . Yopmail was mentioned but I dont know much about that
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Nov 17, 7:27 PM
    • 48,142 Posts
    • 592,209 Thanks
    bubbs
    Yes thats the usual idea bubbs. Bet it was scary for you and well done on hubbies win
    Thanks and yes i was scared knew something was up couldnt see properly and like i said thought i was going to fall over
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 4lb week 34
    • locarr
    • By locarr 11th Nov 17, 7:27 PM
    • 7,718 Posts
    • 138,537 Thanks
    locarr
    Another question if you have claimed over 10 apgs in a month, can you carry it over till the next month or will you loose it? I have entered it and it just said I’ve already had 10 claims! ��

You won't Loose it....

or lose it

Evening ALL!

"I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 11th Nov 17, 7:28 PM
    • 2,584 Posts
    • 36,726 Thanks
    Claire1972
    I presume so . Yopmail was mentioned but I dont know much about that
    No me neither - bubs what is this please?
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 11th Nov 17, 7:28 PM
    • 6,721 Posts
    • 55,464 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Well I haven t seen a simple guide to getting started . You mainly read what it says when you download the app. You have to add a Visa card and get confirmation from your bank which was done almost straight away. Need to go into settings in the phone and click on the bit where it says to allow android pay.

To add a card an oblong shape appears on the phone and Your put your card at the back of it for it to be scanned. When its all set up you press android pay on the self service checkout and put your Phone up to the scanning machine and it should work.

I managed it eventually

Re android phones buy the best you can afford I would say. Cheaper ones 50 to 60 dont work as well as one say 100. They are slower , harder to use , less storage so less apps etc etc. Any other questions fire away and I ll do my best to answer
    Thanks Emerald. Im not bothered about it being a bit slow as it would only be used for android pay and o2 & won2 apps, thats it.
    Just the appeal of free stuff is luring me lol

Do you know when this android pay prizes offer finishes?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 11th Nov 17, 7:29 PM
    • 2,584 Posts
    • 36,726 Thanks
    Claire1972
    You won't Loose it....

or lose it

Evening ALL!

Originally posted by locarr

Ha ha didnt even realise I had put that!!
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 11th Nov 17, 7:30 PM
    • 610 Posts
    • 1,949 Thanks
    pepper77
    Noooooo!!

"Some people" go shopping for neighbours and/or relatives though.
    Of course those neighbours and/or relatives have their own emails.
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 11th Nov 17, 7:33 PM
    • 1,376 Posts
    • 15,662 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Yes it was me dm. Thanks.
    My store did have them but they disappeared.
    I have 2 locals I shop in and one a bit further out where I have used my card twice.
    Wonder if I can double up there?

Evening peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    You should be able to double up in the other one if you have used your card there in the past 12 months, from the T & C's

8.Nectar points can only be exchanged for a Nectar Double Up voucher on presentation of a Nectar card. To ensure that your Nectar balance is recognised at your selected participating store, we recommend that you have swiped and earned Nectar points at that store within the preceding 12 months.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Nov 17, 7:40 PM
    • 48,142 Posts
    • 592,209 Thanks
    bubbs
    No me neither - bubs what is this please?
    www.yopmail.com
    disposable email address
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 4lb week 34
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Nov 17, 7:50 PM
    • 24,850 Posts
    • 306,557 Thanks
    davemorton
    Yes it was me dm. Thanks.
    My store did have them but they disappeared.
    I have 2 locals I shop in and one a bit further out where I have used my card twice.
    Wonder if I can double up there?

Evening peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Could you not just get the double up voucher from your local store, then spend it in another store?
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 11th Nov 17, 7:50 PM
    • 2,135 Posts
    • 12,427 Thanks
    thepearce
    For the first time I managed to get near the monthly APG limit so registered my wife. Stupidly [as it turns out] I used accurate details as I didn't realise the limit was per household. It's given me about 6 out of 12 expected. I presume there's nothing I can do now? i.e. I can't use on another account and can't enter it next month?
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th Nov 17, 7:53 PM
    • 1,659 Posts
    • 20,848 Thanks
    curl girl
    Could you not just get the double up voucher from your local store, then spend it in another store?
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Good idea.
    I now have 4 stores to choose from.
    Ta.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Nov 17, 7:58 PM
    • 11,693 Posts
    • 134,337 Thanks
    Anon
    For the first time I managed to get near the monthly APG limit so registered my wife. Stupidly [as it turns out] I used accurate details as I didn't realise the limit was per household. It's given me about 6 out of 12 expected. I presume there's nothing I can do now? i.e. I can't use on another account and can't enter it next month?
    Originally posted by thepearce
    You have done well to keep clear of the limit - some people hit it in a day

No, that one is now claimed. Now 9 claims remaining on that account and 94 available.

None of my relatives live at my address so I haven’t hit the household limit ... .

Anon
    • michaels
    • By michaels 11th Nov 17, 7:59 PM
    • 19,739 Posts
    • 90,113 Thanks
    michaels
    I got a nice lady in Asda who after my self service till dies trying to use a 27 apg took my 3 shops over to the self scan and scanned them all and happily took my 90 quids worth of apgs including 27 and 22 on a single shop

They had only 2 Nivea Q10 hand creams - are these 3 for 2 against other products too? I thought I needed 6 anyway so didn't buy?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • ChelseaFred
    • By ChelseaFred 11th Nov 17, 8:00 PM
    • 338 Posts
    • 5,637 Thanks
    ChelseaFred
    i would crap myself
    Hope you are ok ?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Yep, no problem.
    I will still shop there occasionally but just use wombled APG's under 10 (make them look silly if they stop me again

ChelseaFred
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 11th Nov 17, 8:00 PM
    • 2,135 Posts
    • 12,427 Thanks
    thepearce
    No, that one is now claimed. Now 9 claims remaining on that account and 94 available.

None of my relatives live at my address so I haven’t hit the household limit ... .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    More study at elite school needed for me. I thought so . Also made a boo boo with NCG soup.
    Last edited by thepearce; 11-11-2017 at 8:06 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,822Posts Today

6,651Users online

Martin's Twitter