Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • OVB
    • By OVB 26th Nov 14, 4:41 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    OVB
    A mortgage PPI
    • 26th Nov 14, 4:41 PM
    A mortgage PPI 26th Nov 14 at 4:41 PM
    I made a complaint regarding a PPI for a mortgage four weeks ago. This is something I finally got round to doing after months of putting it off. I chased the broker a couple of weeks ago and he said he was still looking into it as he has to review the file and some call recordings so I just chased it again as I want this money for Christmas and he told me to expect a response within eight weeks of my complaint but in his view he said he will probably be rejecting my claim and he will fully explain why in this final letter I told him I have every right to complain and I will take it much further and mentoned the FOS but he said he is doing nothing wrong and put the phone down on me do I just go to the FOS and get them on it as he is obviously using delaying tactics
Page 3
    • societys child
    • By societys child 10th Nov 17, 8:30 PM
    • 4,801 Posts
    • 5,222 Thanks
    societys child
    The FOS sided with the broker as expected in a old boys network but now going for a Pelvin about it and will let everyone know
    Originally posted by OVB
    A Pelvin?

Please explain?

• dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 10th Nov 17, 8:31 PM
    • 89,520 Posts
    • 55,961 Thanks
    dunstonh
    The FOS sided with the broker as expected in a old boys network
    Most broker complaints get rejected. That is to be expected as brokers generally have better audit trails and mostly provide the decent types of PPI. Not the types of PPI with problems.

You were told on this thread that your complaint didnt seem to have much going for it. It turned out that was the case.

Saying its an old boys network is daft. Most FOS staff do not hold financial services qualifications and have never done the role and have never met the people involved. Brokers/advisers account for under 1% of PPI complaints and most of them are rejected. PPI is not generally viewed as a broker/adviser issue.

but now going for a Pelvin about it and will let everyone know
    Dont hold your breath on that. Most broker arranged PPI is well below the tipping point. Typically around 27%.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 10th Nov 17, 10:06 PM
    • 18,712 Posts
    • 9,969 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    This thread is a blast from the past. Whatever happened to "Added Value Bob" (and Magpiecottage ) ?
    • societys child
    • By societys child 11th Nov 17, 10:51 AM
    • 4,801 Posts
    • 5,222 Thanks
    societys child
    Don't know about VAB, but Magpie has never returned from an extended holiday . .

• -taff
    • By -taff 11th Nov 17, 3:38 PM
    • 7,098 Posts
    • 5,090 Thanks
    -taff
    Oh....

Unless they new user named....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,822Posts Today

6,651Users online

Martin's Twitter