Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Weybridge78
    • By Weybridge78 8th Nov 17, 9:10 PM
    • 89Posts
    • 29Thanks
    Weybridge78
    HSBC balance transfer card - 25 cashbacj
    • 8th Nov 17, 9:10 PM
    HSBC balance transfer card - 25 cashbacj 8th Nov 17 at 9:10 PM
    Hi all,

In early September I applied and was accepted for the HSBC 32 month 0% balance transfer card. One of the benefits of the card was that the if you transferred a balance during the first 60 days, you would also receive 25 cashback within 60 days of the first balance transfer (I think).

I did my first balance transfer the same day of receiving the card, and today is the last day of the 60 day window, however the 25 cashback is no where to be seen. I wish I had downloaded the PDF from their website with the terms & conditions of the 25 cashback offer but surely their failure to do this is a violation of the T&Cs?

Has anyone else had this issue with HSBC?
Page 1
    • Scrounger
    • By Scrounger 8th Nov 17, 10:51 PM
    • 711 Posts
    • 345 Thanks
    Scrounger
    • 8th Nov 17, 10:51 PM
    • 8th Nov 17, 10:51 PM
    I'm awaiting my 25 cashback after spending 100 (though not yet 60 days since my 'qualifying transaction').

HSBC GBP25_Credit_Card_Offer_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

Scrounger
    • Weybridge78
    • By Weybridge78 8th Nov 17, 11:06 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Weybridge78
    • 8th Nov 17, 11:06 PM
    • 8th Nov 17, 11:06 PM
    Thanks for the link. I qualify for everything but still no cashback.
    • radoslaff
    • By radoslaff 9th Nov 17, 10:32 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    radoslaff
    • 9th Nov 17, 10:32 AM
    • 9th Nov 17, 10:32 AM
    Hi guys,

If you want to make another let say 25 or so do the following: Wait for about 10 days after the 60 days period and then send them a formal complaint that they have failed to obey their own T&Cs and you've been disappointed by the service and a couple of more sentences bla bla. Within a couple of days you'll receive a phone call with apologies and they will offer you a compensation on top of your cashback. This is checked and confirmed. I was on the phone with them about an hour ago. Wish you success.
    • Weybridge78
    • By Weybridge78 9th Nov 17, 9:15 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Weybridge78
    • 9th Nov 17, 9:15 PM
    • 9th Nov 17, 9:15 PM
    Thanks radoslaff.

I spent 43 minutes on the phone with HSBC today (I still fail to understand how incompetent they are compared to First Direct). After checking with another department, the woman confirmed I had met all of the criteria to receive the 25 cashback but did not know why it had not automatically been applied.

She said to wait until tomorrow. If not, then call on Monday.

Ridiculous IMO.
    • radoslaff
    • By radoslaff 10th Nov 17, 9:20 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    radoslaff
    • 10th Nov 17, 9:20 AM
    • 10th Nov 17, 9:20 AM
    Hi Weybridge78,

It's really difficult to understand how is it possible for the mother company to be way way worse, isn't it? I'd advise to not give them any more calls. Give them another week (they will probably not do anything) and then file an official complaint on their website. Spoken words are dust in the wind, they vanish. What's written stays. They won't be able to ignore the written complaint and you will end up with a doubled cash back. I just checked my account and the GOODWILL ADJUSTMENT, as they call it, is already in. I'm waiting for the cash back till the end of the month and if (as I anticipate) it's not in by then, I'm filing another complaint.
    • eightfoot2
    • By eightfoot2 11th Nov 17, 12:32 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    eightfoot2
    • 11th Nov 17, 12:32 PM
    • 11th Nov 17, 12:32 PM
    I'm awaiting my 25 cashback after spending 100 (though not yet 60 days since my 'qualifying transaction').

HSBC GBP25_Credit_Card_Offer_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

Scrounger
    Originally posted by Scrounger

me too,have just sent a secure message as its now 60 days since the qualifiying transaction required,will see what happens next
    in for a penny
    • Weybridge78
    • By Weybridge78 11th Nov 17, 9:00 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Weybridge78
    • 11th Nov 17, 9:00 PM
    • 11th Nov 17, 9:00 PM
    Called again today. 30 compensation and the 25 cashback put in. Will appear on the account within 24-48 hours.
    • eightfoot2
    • By eightfoot2 14th Nov 17, 8:03 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    eightfoot2
    • 14th Nov 17, 8:03 PM
    • 14th Nov 17, 8:03 PM
    me too,have just sent a secure message as its now 60 days since the qualifiying transaction required,will see what happens next
    Originally posted by eightfoot2

after 80 mins talking to hsbc I have come to the conclusion that the cashback should have been a lot more for the agro involved in getting it,truely shocking customer services cant believe how bad there reps are deff not worth 25 shocking with a capital S
    in for a penny
    • Weybridge78
    • By Weybridge78 15th Nov 17, 8:36 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Weybridge78
    The woman put only 50 on when it should have been 55 as I posted on 11th November. Really incompetent. I know it's only 5 difference but it's the principal.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

4,149Users online

Martin's Twitter