Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scoot65
    • By scoot65 9th Nov 17, 1:25 PM
    • 124Posts
    • 39Thanks
    scoot65
    Nationwide Withdrawing Their Credit Card Insurances
    • 9th Nov 17, 1:25 PM
    Nationwide Withdrawing Their Credit Card Insurances 9th Nov 17 at 1:25 PM
    I've just received my monthly credit card statement, along with it came information that Nationwide are removing the Purchase Protection Cover, Extended Warranty Cover and Travel Accident Cover from their Cash Reward, Gold and Classic credit cards as from 1st March 2018....

I've often used my Gold Credit Card to make online purchases (including flights) and the removal of the insurance cover is disappointing.
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 9th Nov 17, 6:12 PM
    • 24,163 Posts
    • 11,442 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 9th Nov 17, 6:12 PM
    • 9th Nov 17, 6:12 PM
    Travel accident insurance is not the same as Travel insurance.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • sausage_time
    • By sausage_time 10th Nov 17, 7:22 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    sausage_time
    • 10th Nov 17, 7:22 AM
    • 10th Nov 17, 7:22 AM
    I have a Salisbury travel credit card which does have proper travel insurance (and 0% loading and no fees or interest for foreign ATM withdrawals and purchases) and they are taking the insurance part away (along with the £5pm charge). Shame. I'll keep the card for the foreign usage though.

This Mastercard was only offered for a short while - I don't see it mentioned here much.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 10th Nov 17, 12:35 PM
    • 4,206 Posts
    • 1,285 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 10th Nov 17, 12:35 PM
    • 10th Nov 17, 12:35 PM
    I have a Salisbury travel credit card which does have proper travel insurance (and 0% loading and no fees or interest for foreign ATM withdrawals and purchases) and they are taking the insurance part away (along with the £5pm charge). Shame. I'll keep the card for the foreign usage though.

This Mastercard was only offered for a short while - I don't see it mentioned here much.
    Originally posted by sausage_time
    Guessing you mean the supermarket Sainsburys

It was mentioned - was essentially a clone of the Halifax Clarity with travel insurance for £5. I think Sainsbury's bank was still a joint venture (with Halifax/Bank of Scotland) then too.
    • sausage_time
    • By sausage_time 10th Nov 17, 7:08 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    sausage_time
    • 10th Nov 17, 7:08 PM
    • 10th Nov 17, 7:08 PM
    Guessing you mean the supermarket Sainsburys
    Originally posted by Heng Leng
    I hate auto-correct! Yes, one and same. :-)
    • darren72
    • By darren72 10th Nov 17, 7:41 PM
    • 1,056 Posts
    • 221 Thanks
    darren72
    • 10th Nov 17, 7:41 PM
    • 10th Nov 17, 7:41 PM
    Does anyone know of any other credit cards that include similar insurance policies ?
    • qsk
    • By qsk 11th Nov 17, 10:33 AM
    • 242 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    qsk
    • 11th Nov 17, 10:33 AM
    • 11th Nov 17, 10:33 AM
    Shame. My gold card hasn't been in use for a long while but I kept it simply for these benefits...

@darren72, my recently acquired Amex Reward credit card has purchase and refund protection.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,061Posts Today

6,602Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin