Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • yellowlawn
    • By yellowlawn 6th Nov 17, 3:25 PM
    • 324Posts
    • 93Thanks
    yellowlawn
    Relocating for the MOD
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:25 PM
    Relocating for the MOD 6th Nov 17 at 3:25 PM
    Early 2018 my security clearance should finally come through and as such I will need to relocate to be nearer to my new employer. My partner will be leaving her current job to relocate with me (it's not practical to commute to her old job from the new location).

We will be selling our current home and using some of the equity to clear all our debts off. Is there any assitance for moving from either the MOD (I will be a civilian employee not a soldier etc) or elsewhere. Or is it a case of fend for yourself. I won't be eligible for a new mortgage as I'm 46 now.
    Yellowlawn

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 6th Nov 17, 4:03 PM
    • 17,323 Posts
    • 11,516 Thanks
    molerat
    • 6th Nov 17, 4:03 PM
    • 6th Nov 17, 4:03 PM
    Generally any relocation package would have been offered in the job advertisement or at interview / job offer stage. Did you not ask ?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • yellowlawn
    • By yellowlawn 6th Nov 17, 4:10 PM
    • 324 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    yellowlawn
    • 6th Nov 17, 4:10 PM
    • 6th Nov 17, 4:10 PM
    There was no relocation package on offer.
    Yellowlawn

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
    • Andy L
    • By Andy L 7th Nov 17, 11:43 AM
    • 8,518 Posts
    • 6,849 Thanks
    Andy L
    • 7th Nov 17, 11:43 AM
    • 7th Nov 17, 11:43 AM
    There was no relocation package on offer.
    Originally posted by yellowlawn
    Then you will get nothing (although you did used to be entitled to a day off for moving). If, in future, you transfer within the MOD (or possibly the wider CS) you will be entitled to some assistance. Although with the current MOD financial restraints they are generally only offering the extra travel costs of the new location rather than an assisted house move.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

774Posts Today

6,415Users online

Martin's Twitter