Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Maggiemoo14
    • By Maggiemoo14 2nd Nov 17, 11:28 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Maggiemoo14
    DRO 4 years still showing default
    • 2nd Nov 17, 11:28 PM
    DRO 4 years still showing default 2nd Nov 17 at 11:28 PM
    Good evening, thanks for a having a read and maybe being able to advise.
    I had a DRO in May 2013 and discharge may 2014, if Iím honest Iíve stayed away from checking my credit report and the last time I looked was 2015. I have just gone on to Equifax and noodle (for some reason Experian is pending further checks!) itís shows my overdrawn bank accounts and credit cards that were put through the DRO but still shows amounts of debt and states DEFULTED Should this not be zero as discharged after a year or at least say settled or something. I canít comment of Experian credit file yet. I also didnít have any certificate showing that it ended but it disappeared of the insolvency reg. I know it shows on credit file for a total of 6 years but I also receive a statement every couple of months from Santander! Also having read a couple of posts the date on default is incorrect and shows some months later. Can anyone advise what it should say next to accounts or cards, just lots of red boxes on my file! I havenít applied for any credit or since and appreciate Iím unlikely to get any but anything to make it look a little better. Any advice welcome before I contact debtline who I used to proceed with DRO. Many thanks.
Page 1
    • fermi
    • By fermi 3rd Nov 17, 6:16 AM
    • 39,274 Posts
    • 47,103 Thanks
    fermi
    • 3rd Nov 17, 6:16 AM
    • 3rd Nov 17, 6:16 AM
    You will want to go through the similar process to:

Credit Reference File Clean Up Post Bankruptcy

See this link: https://debtcamel.co.uk/repair-credit-record-dro/
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,822Posts Today

6,651Users online

Martin's Twitter