Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fewkeste
    • By fewkeste 21st Apr 17, 5:18 PM
    • 111Posts
    • 98Thanks
    fewkeste
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop
    • 21st Apr 17, 5:18 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop 21st Apr 17 at 5:18 PM
    I'm just in the process of switching from Robin Hood Energy to Powershop and would like to receive feedback and comments about this new supplier. Apparently they are well established in Australia and New Zealand and are operating in the UK under the Npower licence at present.
Page 14
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 12th Oct 17, 5:49 PM
    • 4,365 Posts
    • 2,565 Thanks
    Hengus

Where you refer to discounts (i.e. 20% discount) is this relative to the Powershop standard pricing? Also is it a discount to the unit price only, or to the daily charge too?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by MrChips
    There is only one tariff. If you buy, say, £12.36 of energy for £10, then when your ‘monthly’ statement comes in then the £12.36 is applied to the whole bill. If you look at your contract/quote, it is a pretty simple calculation to work out the percentage saving to achieve the Easy Saver Promise quote.
    • MrChips
    • By MrChips 12th Oct 17, 6:03 PM
    • 928 Posts
    • 350 Thanks
    MrChips
    Ah ok. So if hypothetically I gave a meter reading on the first and last day of the month and the all in cost was calculated (standing charge and energy charge), then the £ cost of the pack would be set off against that?
    If I had a pound for every time I didn't play the lottery...
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 12th Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    • 4,365 Posts
    • 2,565 Thanks
    Hengus
    Ah ok. So if hypothetically I gave a meter reading on the first and last day of the month and the all in cost was calculated (standing charge and energy charge), then the £ cost of the pack would be set off against that?
    It is not that simple. Billing periods vary. My current billing period is 7 Sep to 17 Oct. Powerpacks are applied according to the stated rules. For example, I have some December Future packs that will not be applied until the start of the November/December billing period. Some Powerpacks are applied immediately. The monthly review shows all the detail. The downside is that to get consistently good discounts, you have to buy in advance. It follows that you can accrue a big balance and Ofgem has yet to confirm that this credit is fully protected in the event that PS Energy Ltd becomes insolvent. As it is taking them so long to answer what, on the face of it, was a simple question sent to them 3 months ago, I can only conclude that the answer isn’t immediately clear.
    • fewkeste
    • By fewkeste 12th Oct 17, 7:48 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    fewkeste
    Read this thread from begining to end
    I've just applied to move my electricity supply to Powershop as my deal with GB Energy is coming to an end. Trying to get up to speed on how to get the best out of it as the pricing is not conventional!

Where you refer to discounts (i.e. 20% discount) is this relative to the Powershop standard pricing? Also is it a discount to the unit price only, or to the daily charge too?

Thanks!
    The best advice I can give you is read this thread from beginning to end and you will be a lot wiser.

Also, it's quite difficult to grasp what's going on when you don't have a live account but quite simple and straightforward when your account is open and in front of you.

Invest the time to read the whole thread and it will definitely add to your understanding.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

71Posts Today

2,754Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin