Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Freezing
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue
    • 26th Dec 14, 10:26 PM
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue 26th Dec 14 at 10:26 PM
    Dear all

I just wanted to give some feed back on the terrible service we have had this Christmas from 24/7 Home Rescue.

Firstly, they are not 24/7 - whist you can make a claim with the engineering company they outsource their work to, you can't actually speak to them directly because they are closed until 5 January 2015! Which company in this day and age is closed for this long without someone being available to contact, especially when the say they are 24/7? I have asked the online "webchat" machine wether they have an emergency number they can contact and all I got was an evasive answer to the effect of "someone will call you soon" presumably when they re-open on 5 January!

Long and short of the story is that we had problems with our boiler. They sent out someone to look at it. This engineer reset the boiler and went on his way. The problems persisted and 24/7 have not sent someone to look at the boiler again as they think the problem is a pressure issue. How would they know this without even looking at the boiler after the problems persisted? Any way, it's a fault with the boiler itself but they won't send anyone out to have a look at it. The boiler has broken down again and when I called the third party engineering line we were told there was a note on the system not to send an engineer out until the dispute was investigated. Problem is, they are closed over Christmas and there is no one we can speak to.

If there was an issue which was genuinely not covered the policy then fine, we would get it fixed. But they they allegedly fixed our boiler then when the problems persisted they said it was a problem with the pressure without even looking at the boiler. Also, pressure isn't specifically excluded from the terms of their service.

I have used both British Gas and Homeserve before and for all their faults, at least you can speak to a person at the company over Christmas. Out of Homeserve and British Gas, I would say Homeserve were the best so will be going back to them.

I am sorry to say that these smaller independent companies really don't provide the same level of service.

Sorry for the rant but I was most disappointed to hear the company left us without cover over Christmas.

We've got the electric heaters on for now!
Page 7
    • NoMoreScams
    • By NoMoreScams 9th Sep 17, 2:33 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    NoMoreScams
    I wish we could take out a Class Action against them!

Why oh why didn't I read this thread before taking out a contract with them in January?

Not only did they charge me the £75 and then a further £350 - which would guarantee the works for 12 months... when my hot water broke down again 4 months later they charged me a further "refundable if within T&C" £75!

But that's not all...

The 'engineer' told me one thing but they rang me back saying another £50 was required for this "outside of my terms and conditions" repair. Luckily my hot water came back on without further repairs required

Wait for it...

They are refusing to refund my £75 even though no repairs was needed!

FURTHERMORE...

They are refusing to send me written confirmation of their refusal to return my 'refundable' £75...
    • NoMoreScams
    • By NoMoreScams 9th Sep 17, 2:47 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    NoMoreScams
    By the way, has anyone had their negative review reposted by TP following their 'investigation' into your proof about 247HomeRescue?

It seems awfully suspicions them receiving advertising money from 247 and allowing them to remove a negative comment within minutes!
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 11th Sep 17, 2:31 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    By the way, has anyone had their negative review reposted by TP following their 'investigation' into your proof about 247HomeRescue?

It seems awfully suspicions them receiving advertising money from 247 and allowing them to remove a negative comment within minutes!
    Originally posted by NoMoreScams

I watch the 24/7 Rescue on TA site. They flag nearly all negative reviews and have them removed. I told TP this and what I thought of them!
    • thespringfield86
    • By thespringfield86 14th Sep 17, 12:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    thespringfield86
    Don't like their attitude - asked for confirmation of cancellation and refund but they ignored me until I started posting negative stuff on Facebook about them. I think it's horrendous how the TrustPilot reviews are showing up. If you look at their Facebook page most have left 'angry' responses to comments but 24|7 will not allow commenting on their page - you can't even tag them in a post. To get round this you can just post on Facebook a link to their page ...together with a negative review. That's what I did.
    • Oldman
    • By Oldman 15th Sep 17, 10:34 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Oldman
    24/7 Home rescue. As someone said earlier they are cheap for a reason
    DONT use them.
    We decided to use them based on a few reports that seemed to suggest a good solid company. They might be. But our experience yesterday denies this. We started with them in July last year, and asked that they provide a boile/central heating service as our previous service company had been lagging in supplying this, by a year. 24/7 assured us a service would be done in the first 6 months, it wasnt. After that I called several times and finally in April was told that we would have a service on or around our anniversary, so another 12 months would pass. Eventualy I managed to get them to agree a service date of 14 Sept. The engineer did call to say he would be with us at a time, and he was on time. But it went south from there. He managed to tell me in the first half hour that it had taken him over two hours to get to us, 3 times, that he had only started working with them a week ago, as previous employers inclduing Bgas are not to be trusted as their engineers are not safe. I began to get worried. He didnt look at the boler but wanted to look at the outside flue. Which comes from through the pitched roof horizontally. He shook his head and didnt look happy. Then he went to see the boiler, and noticed some stains on the flu, where someone had sprayed a sealant or such. Stains well over 8 years old as they were there when we moved in.
    At thispoint he informed me he was going to cap of my gas as the boiler was possibily dangerous. I said i would not allow this as I am 78 and suffer sever arthritis, and cannot have a cold home. If there is aproblem then it needs fixing not capping off. He replied he was calling Transco and they would cap it. So he did and it was. I then spent 2 hours on various calls to 24/7 listening to their music and confirmaton that I was important. The first call was a 20 minute wait to their call response, This lady said I was through to wrong dept and transferred me to the music. 10 minutes later another lady who said I was in the right dept but wrong action, I needed the Booking office to get an engineer. So ten more minutes of music and an american sounding man assured me he would get an engineer in the next week or so. I asked for today, as Transco had said it was imperative to get an engineer, He said call you back in ten minutes. This was now about 12.45pm. I waited half an hour and called back. More music, more transferring, more promises of call back. It got to 3.pm, and I was getting desperate. So I called again, more music, and eventually spoke to call centre op who assured me that it was being worked on. I could not afford to leave it any longer and told her if they could not get an engineer I would call a private company and charge 24/7 for the call. As I consider they were in breach of contrract. She said they would try to help, and I could not do that. I called Poole Heating, and engineer rearranged his schedule over the phone and was with me in ten minutes. Looked at the reported problems, said the flue was fine, but need an extra clip to support it, the stain was very old and the flue was not distressed. Reinstated the gas, did a full and proper service, and that was it . All done by 4.45 We needed to go out for half an hour, and two minutes before we returned 24.7 left a message. I called back and they still didnt have an engineer but the last person I spoke to just wanted to reassure me she was still trying to resolve things. I told her no problems all done and 24.7 will be receiving the bill. She said passing the complaint to manager.
    Do not use this company. 24/7 homerescue is not 24/7 they do not employ enough staff on phones, they employ engineers who are more interested in telling me how rubbish Bgas, Transco, and Southern engineers are. They might have gas safe certs, but they are rubbish and cut corners. He just cuts off gas.
    Do Not Use Them! This post is nearly 24 hours since my calls to 24/7, and promised call backs. No response has been recieved, and no answer to an email basically reporting the above, and no manager.
    Last edited by Oldman; 15-09-2017 at 10:55 AM.
    • sarahregan
    • By sarahregan 20th Sep 17, 6:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    sarahregan
    Shocking!!!
    this has to be the worst company of all time, firstly, i arranged a service with them, just before the service was due i got a call asking if i would like to take advantage of the half price flush, at £30 i agreed, the engineer came, looked at the boiler said a nut was weeping so he would nip it up tight for me, then the engineer left, he was here for a total of 15 minutes, 247 rang me to see how the service went i explained that the flush was never carried out and the nut he tightened was leaking, she said she would get back to me regarding these issues, 2 weeks have passed, so i decided to call them, they have said the engineer said he did the flush (absolute rubbish) a bit of a disagreement ensued and i asked to be put through to the manager to which her reply was we close at 6.30 this was at 6.07, was put on hold again until 6.26 then spoke to another customer assistant who then said i would get a refund but in the next breath said if they decide to give you a refund???? i was put on hold again and then disconnected from the conference call?? now the customer service is closed (24/7? hhmmm) i will be calling back again tomorrow and will be contacting watchdog and the ombudsman too, do not go near this cowboy firm! this is not the end, believe me, i want my refund, and i want everyone to know how useless and fraudulent this company is!!!
    • littlefred
    • By littlefred 22nd Sep 17, 2:14 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    littlefred
    Hope you get some satisfaction!! Foolishly, we took out an agreement for boiler cover only last week via telephone./moneysupermarket.com and after reading all the complaints we have been trying to cancel via the 14 day 'cooling off' period after sending several emails and finally contacting them by phone we were told that they would cancel it and we should cancel direct debit with our bank, which we have. we asked for confirmation of this, but to date, still not receiving anything.We are terrified of them demanding any money from us.
    if i had known then what i know now
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 23rd Sep 17, 6:01 AM
    • 442 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Hope you get some satisfaction!! Foolishly, we took out an agreement for boiler cover only last week via telephone./moneysupermarket.com and after reading all the complaints we have been trying to cancel via the 14 day 'cooling off' period after sending several emails and finally contacting them by phone we were told that they would cancel it and we should cancel direct debit with our bank, which we have. we asked for confirmation of this, but to date, still not receiving anything.We are terrified of them demanding any money from us.
    Originally posted by littlefred

If you have not used their service then you should be ok. Watch them...........they sometimes try again to take the DD. I had to complain to my Bank as they represented the DD 3 times after cancelling.
    • gibs133
    • By gibs133 23rd Sep 17, 9:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gibs133
    Never use this company... You are warned!
    We were caught out with this company as well. Free call out, labour and parts, glossy website, reliable and professional etc. Sounds great doesnít it? Until you make a claim. Thatís when you find out none of this is true and your so called cover is worthless! This home emergency company will try everything possible not to attend an emergency. if they comes in you have to pay. For example when I called them couple of months back due to a pipe leak in my lounge, they told me they canít send someone unless I confirm where exactly the leak come from. They also said they will only try to fix the leak if that is easily accessible and never bother to trace the leak. And the way they treated over phone was horrible. Later I checked out the option to terminate my rescue cover with them as I was told I could terminate any time during the contract, however I was told I canít terminate because of the fact that they have done boiler service for me. Then I understood why they were forcing me to do my boiler service immediately after taking the cover.

Basically they managed to trap me in a contract. They will also make sure by giving you any number of calls to give them a positive review soon after the contract starts. Innocent customers will give a good review without realising the worst experience going to happen in a real emergency. Many of the reviews are nothing but services and how effective the staff were on the phone!!And now I am receiving numerous calls from the company and telling me my boiler service is due and forcing me to do the boiler service immediately. This is another trick by them as my last boiler service was only done by them in December 2016 after my contract started in November 2016. Doing another annual boiler service prematurely now will probably give them advantage to extend my contract for another year. I have also heard that they sometimes send a technician for repairs and will try to charge you ridiculous amount of money albeit it was said free repair in the contract.

I tried to call them to make sure my contract is not renewed but it took 40 minutes to speak cancellation department. Needless to say they just donít want to hear you and rude as expected. Basically they try everything possible under sun to keep you as their customer and take your money out of your pocket but not happy to deliver good service. There are so many stories in the internet about this company. I wonder how this company is still being allowed to trade and scam people. Itís terrible they have not been stopped. Stay away from this scam company. An absolute rip off!

Or if your prepared to pay for proper cover:- British Gas/Homeserve/AA
    • gibs133
    • By gibs133 23rd Sep 17, 9:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gibs133
    watchdog
    Please contact bbcwatchdog and send a complaint to trading standards
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 24th Sep 17, 7:05 AM
    • 442 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Basically they managed to trap me in a contract. They will also make sure by giving you any number of calls to give them a positive review soon after the contract starts. Innocent customers will give a good review without realising the worst experience going to happen in a real emergency.

Soooooooooo true!!!
    • Christin48
    • By Christin48 24th Sep 17, 4:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Christin48
    24/7 Home Rescue
    I wish I had read these reports before payong my money last month. Does anyone know what are rights to a refund are? I am a pensioner with a chronic lung condition and need reliable cover.
    I hope someone has the answer
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 24th Sep 17, 4:57 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    I wish I had read these reports before payong my money last month. Does anyone know what are rights to a refund are? I am a pensioner with a chronic lung condition and need reliable cover.
    I hope someone has the answer
    Originally posted by Christin48

If you have not used their service then contact them to cancel and then cancel with your bank..........watch them as they try and re-present the DD.
    • littlefred
    • By littlefred 28th Sep 17, 2:20 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    littlefred
    247homerescue keep away!!
    Today, noticed they had applied to our bank re: the direct debit. We have cancelled it. So should we approach our bank and tell them to ignore if they (247homerescue) try again to get our money?
    • littlefred
    • By littlefred 28th Sep 17, 2:24 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    littlefred
    Warning 247 homerescue
    Today we noticed above have applied to our bank for D.D. payments. we have cancelled it. should we tell our bank to ignore future applications???
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 28th Sep 17, 2:27 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    Today, noticed they had applied to our bank re: the direct debit. We have cancelled it. So should we approach our bank and tell them to ignore if they (247homerescue) try again to get our money?
    Originally posted by littlefred

Yes..........if they take any money. Ring your bank and say it is unauthorised and you want it pulled back from 24/7.

Make sure you ring 24/7 or email them to cancel. An email is good evidence.
    • Taywoodman
    • By Taywoodman 29th Sep 17, 11:55 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Taywoodman
    Sums it up really......
    This says it all, and seems to be indicative of the callous and deceptive sharp practice operated by this bunch of sharks.......
    Horrific company. Please for the love of God hope you never need to call them out. Customer service is rude/aggressive we had an intermittent fault that has now resulted in permanent failure.

Apparently this is not covered even though I now have no hot water or heating and a 1 year old I have to take to neighbors for a bath. The only resolution they would offer is to pay them £95 security deposit as they doubt that the boiler is faulty.

I would beg you not to go with 247, I have never known such a disregard and contempt from a company. They constantly want to refer to recordings from previous calls and cut short the existing conversation and say they will call you back which they never do.

Additionally after speaking to customer care I can clarify that intermittent problems are not covered and is hidden in their terms and conditions. For example my boiler works for one and then for the following few days does not work and displays flame failure, apparently this doesn't come under boiler breakdown. So in summary I pay a direct debit each month for a boiler breakdown policy and have a broken boiler which they will not fix. Do not think of this as home emergency cover but home emergency INSURANCE. They simply view your claim as profit reduction for them and try and wriggle out-of everything. Look elsewhere if only I had stuck with British Gas.

Next stop watchdog and trading standards.
    Originally posted by Sam Smith
    • PhylPho
    • By PhylPho 11th Oct 17, 12:34 PM
    • 1,248 Posts
    • 2,722 Thanks
    PhylPho
    Obviously by pure coincidence in the wake of latest highly critical posts on this MSE thread, highly supportive two-word "reviews" are suddenly appearing on TrustPilot from people who have never posted anything before.Thus, "Diane" and "David Smith"-- both of whom, says TrustPilot, were invited by 24/7 Home Rescue to post on that site -- have generously given of their time to provide the following detailed summations of their experiences:

"Diane": 'Excellent service.'
    "David Smith": 'Very helpful'.

Though both these deliriously happy customers appear to have exhausted their vocabularies early on, no such exhaustion has afflicted 24/7 Home Rescue, a business employing so many that it can seemingly task at least one member of staff to diligently maintain if not boilers, then certainly a vigil of the TrustPilot website. Those terse reviews from "Diane" and "David Smith" have earned a scripted response within less than a day of publication:

'Hi Diane:
    Thank you for such a glowing review. We are delighted to know you found our service and engineers to your satisfaction. We greatly value your feedback and will be sure to pass it on to all those involved. Thank you once again.'

'Hi David:
    Thank you for such a glowing review. We are delighted to know you found our service and engineers to your satisfaction. We greatly value your feedback and will be sure to pass it on to all those involved. Thank you once again.'

The epic amateurishness of what's going on here would be hilarious were it not for the number of MSErs whose reported experiences are anything but funny. What emerges is a picture of a business that has more interest in 'glowing' (sic) reviews than in non-glowing central heating boilers, and whose avowed 24/7 performance relates merely to the response time of its absurdly mis-scripted replies to comments which it has itself "invited" onto the TrustPilot website.

We were about to look into 24/7's services as a result of the uSwitch comparison link on MSE's Boiler Cover page, but the seemingly endless complaints on this thread, plus every appearance of stage management of the TrustPilot review site, are more than enough to ensure we'll stay well clear. . .

. . . and continue, too, to stay well clear of TrustPilot, the so-called consumer review site that long since lost any claim to being any kind of reliable reference resource for any consumer, anywhere.
    • jflint
    • By jflint 12th Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jflint
    The FCA should investigate 247 home rescue
    I took out 247 home rescue policy to cover my boiler in the
    event of a breakdown.
    I have paid my monthly premium of about £15 per month since July
    When I took out the insurance they said there would be a £75 excess to cover repair due the

age of my boiler.
    I paid the £75 which i believed was towards repair.
    Their engineer came out and said my boiler was beyond economical repair and they charged me

another £300 for the manufacturer to come out for repair.
    The £75 did not go towards repair at all, just diagnosis. I queried this with no success.
    I paid £300 pounds for repair
    They sent Vaillant [the manufacturer] instruction to attend.
    The Vaillant engineer arrived, said he had fixed the boiler and that it only required the

velve to be reinflated which is part of a standard service. He said it was fixed.
    He then said as a matter of interest that if they returned they would request a board over

the loft hatch for health and safety.
    The previous engineer did not require this.
    The boiler started leaking again the next day.
    I called VAillant and 247. They said the engineer said he 'couldnt fix it due to access'.
    I replied that this was untrue, he had been in the loft and I repeated what he had said to

me.

I have now paid nearly £500 and my boiler is still exactly as it was before.
    They are now demanding an additional £90 what they call 'abortive' fee for the engineer to

attend again.

My boiler is in exactly the same state it was before I spent £500!
    Shocking customer service.
    policy name:
    24|7 Home Emergency Deluxe
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 12th Oct 17, 11:05 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    I took out 247 home rescue policy to cover my boiler in the
    event of a breakdown.
    I have paid my monthly premium of about £15 per month since July
    When I took out the insurance they said there would be a £75 excess to cover repair due the

age of my boiler.
    I paid the £75 which i believed was towards repair.
    Their engineer came out and said my boiler was beyond economical repair and they charged me

another £300 for the manufacturer to come out for repair.
    The £75 did not go towards repair at all, just diagnosis. I queried this with no success.
    I paid £300 pounds for repair
    They sent Vaillant [the manufacturer] instruction to attend.
    The Vaillant engineer arrived, said he had fixed the boiler and that it only required the

velve to be reinflated which is part of a standard service. He said it was fixed.
    He then said as a matter of interest that if they returned they would request a board over

the loft hatch for health and safety.
    The previous engineer did not require this.
    The boiler started leaking again the next day.
    I called VAillant and 247. They said the engineer said he 'couldnt fix it due to access'.
    I replied that this was untrue, he had been in the loft and I repeated what he had said to

me.

I have now paid nearly £500 and my boiler is still exactly as it was before.
    They are now demanding an additional £90 what they call 'abortive' fee for the engineer to

attend again.

My boiler is in exactly the same state it was before I spent £500!
    Shocking customer service.
    policy name:
    24|7 Home Emergency Deluxe
    Originally posted by jflint

Believe me you are better just going with the bigger companies or putting the money each month in a jar.

They really provide nothing for the money, look at every way to pump you of more and their service is...............well not worth having.

They manipulate TP.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

171Posts Today

1,495Users online

Martin's Twitter