Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,298Posts
    • 35,015Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1131
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Oct 17, 10:45 AM
    • 14,516 Posts
    • 243,926 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player!

22 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Saturday): Literature 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• locarr
    • By locarr 7th Oct 17, 10:45 AM
    • 7,788 Posts
    • 138,089 Thanks
    locarr
    Morning ALL!
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • gocat
    • By gocat 7th Oct 17, 11:04 AM
    • 4,919 Posts
    • 54,223 Thanks
    gocat
    Re Petrol. I go early Saturday morning and hardly anyone there to glare at me lol. The petrol attendants seem to enjoy waiting to see how many points I get. Last time I managed 2 x 5000 ones but today it was just 500 and 1000 ones. Better than nowt. Going tomorrow after we have visited friends who live about 10 miles away, to see if can fit in a final £10 before my holiday on Monday.
    Got 3 shops. Managed to use up the last of the dream vouchers and got 1000 and 2 500 vouchers
    • altojack
    • By altojack 7th Oct 17, 11:45 AM
    • 9,112 Posts
    • 121,955 Thanks
    altojack
    I'm on tenterhooks waiting for news from my grandaughter - baby is not due for another week but apparently she measures at 42 weeks already. The dates were always a bit suspect. Anyway they are going to induce today as GD is struggling to move about !
    Originally posted by tbw
    I wish them well with the induction. I took ages but it may not be so for everyone. Let us all know when baby arrives

Good morning.
    Tbh I'm so excited for you although from experience inducing can take ages.....I so hope its a quick one for you all and dgd arrives safe and well.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Even after all the years have flown by, I still remember the waiting
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 159
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • altojack
    • By altojack 7th Oct 17, 11:47 AM
    • 9,112 Posts
    • 121,955 Thanks
    altojack
    And when I came home I see the Amstel 4 pack back on cs and cos . From 7th to 10th, along with the single bottle and the other sized multi packs.

I'm going to go out to Mr A later I think xx

Out 159
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 7th Oct 17, 11:56 AM
    • 3,745 Posts
    • 48,279 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    3 lots of fuel for DH, 2 for me and two instore shops
    All yielded 200 each

Rubbish so far Need more fuel and will get one lot of biscuits but better than no points
    October Target spend £100 for month for 2 plus visiting family

Excludes cleaning and toiletries(none required)

Includes net cost of glitches
    Week 1 £12.50 Week 2 £32.48
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 7th Oct 17, 12:00 PM
    • 9,792 Posts
    • 109,400 Thanks
    emerald21
    My strategy is....Mr TM will go in for the first tenner and I'll move the car forward to the next set of pumps and then I'll go in for the second tenner.

We will then go in for our food shopping and repeat

To be honest the staff are so busy they don't even notice....or even care.

Then I'll do my car tomorrow
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I was joking wit the two in mine saying I ll be too tired to go to the gym after all this
    • tbw
    • By tbw 7th Oct 17, 12:06 PM
    • 4,833 Posts
    • 54,521 Thanks
    tbw
    This is the first time I have got into the Nectar points promotion - can anyone please tell me what happens if you return an item for a refund. I understand that they probably take back any points for the actual sale - but do they also remove any bonus points that you got for the £10 promotion ?

I can't see anything on the points vouchers that links the bonus points to a particular sale but, when I returned an item of clothing today which didn't fit my points balance dropped by around 1700 points ! I admit I did get a 500 point bonus with that purchase - which I haven't used yet - but they appear to have removed all of the points I added on yesterday which came from a couple of diesel purchases and another instore purchase. CS staff didn't know why and said they had never seen this happen before.

I probably need to phone Nectar to find out whats going on as I have now got a 5000 point voucher from a biscuit shop plus a couple of smaller ones which I am wary of adding on until I am certain they won't take them back again.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 7th Oct 17, 12:41 PM
    • 3,354 Posts
    • 31,344 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    I wish them well with the induction. I took ages but it may not be so for everyone. Let us all know when baby arrives

Even after all the years have flown by, I still remember the waiting
    Originally posted by altojack
    DD was induced on the Saturday morning Dgd arrived on the Tuesday morning
    Froctober £50 £20.86
    NSD 9/31
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 2lb
    • tbw
    • By tbw 7th Oct 17, 12:47 PM
    • 4,833 Posts
    • 54,521 Thanks
    tbw
    Well if she hangs on until the 10th she will arrive on my DIL 's birthday!
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 7th Oct 17, 12:57 PM
    • 1,336 Posts
    • 14,719 Thanks
    Arthien
    Afternoon all!

One muggle shop and a womble from the till next door gained me 1000 and 500 points, then 3 petrol spends got me 500, 2000 and 200 points. If my calculations are correct, I make that £21 back on a £40 spend

One of the till ladies said they can see two transactions at a time, so do £10, put the nozzle back then do another £10, then go in and pay for both transactions separately, in case that's of any use to anyone? Saves you walking back to the car once at any rate. I'd already done my last one by then, typical

Might just be able to squeeze another one in tomorrow afternoon otherwise I'll be buying clothes and forgetting my nectar card when I return them

Thanks to Dave for the Baileys reminder, two bottles mysteriously fell into my trolley! They may not have given me nectar points but I'm sure they'll be appreciated regardless

No Amstel anywhere to be seen in my S though, either someone has already taken advantage of the cashback and they're out of stock, or they're deliberately not selling it while the offer is on... Either way it made shopping in S more difficult, I kept looking at things and thinking 'how much??'
    Frugal October: £30.89 / £80, 13 / 31 days.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 7th Oct 17, 1:08 PM
    • 5,145 Posts
    • 53,200 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Morning all! Off to S today

Do I need to add £10 of petrol, then pay, then repeat? Or can I ask to pay in £10 increments? I'm assuming £10 on the dot is ok and it doesn't need to be £10.01?
    Originally posted by Arthien

In 45 years of driving, I have never ever managed to put exactly £10 in, the pump always rolls to the next 1p or 2p.

In retaliation, I shake the nozzle as I'm taking it out, just to get the extra drip out of it!
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 7th Oct 17, 1:13 PM
    • 6,810 Posts
    • 55,080 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    S not as good today, petrol brought 500, and 2 shops 200 each.

Then on to Lidl, I wanted to try the cheese on the weekend offer but the self was bare at 11am! SA on till said none out back, dunno if that was a porky.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Oct 17, 1:19 PM
    • 14,585 Posts
    • 226,616 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Ooh that reminds me, I need cheese! I have already suggested to DH that he should get me the cheese advent calendar
    Originally posted by Arthien
    did you see my post for waitrose. 2 x seriously strong mature or vintage. a paper and a coffee for £3.52
    • altojack
    • By altojack 7th Oct 17, 1:35 PM
    • 9,112 Posts
    • 121,955 Thanks
    altojack
    I was induced on the Wednesday morning, son arrived Friday morning 5.30am, not much sleep that day, then they put me in a side room before going to the nursing home. 10 days it was back then

Well if she hangs on until the 10th she will arrive on my DIL 's birthday!
    Originally posted by tbw
    We shouldn't be telling you these horror stories and I'm sorry if mine have caused you more tension. Not everyone has such a long wait xx

Out 159
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 7th Oct 17, 1:37 PM
    • 1,336 Posts
    • 14,719 Thanks
    Arthien

In 45 years of driving, I have never ever managed to put exactly £10 in, the pump always rolls to the next 1p or 2p.

In retaliation, I shake the nozzle as I'm taking it out, just to get the extra drip out of it!
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    I use the buttons to the right of the screen, it allows you to pick precisely how much you want to put in, in convenient £10 increments

Unfortunately it didn't work the second time, so I actually paid £10.36 as it took me a second or two to realise!
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 7th Oct 17, 1:40 PM
    • 1,336 Posts
    • 14,719 Thanks
    Arthien
    did you see my post for waitrose. 2 x seriously strong mature or vintage. a paper and a coffee for £3.52
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    No I didn't but Waities is the wrong side of town for me since I changed jobs. I got the lidl one as that's where I was doing my normal food shop anyway. I would send DH on his way to work but as he doesn't like cheese at all and gets easily embarrassed by doing anything glitchy or un-muggle, I can just imagine what his response would be
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    • 19,882 Posts
    • 255,685 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    SP Cheese Slices look like they are now 69p, if anyone has got any now old 59p SEL around. N/A vs everywhere on the APG, but taken off the list due to price increase.
    M list - posts 22772-3 (page 570 on 40 posts).
    Buy in M/Tvs M - post 22982 (page 575 on 40 posts).
    SP list - now page 548, posts 21900-21903.
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 7th Oct 17, 2:09 PM
    • 2,791 Posts
    • 40,401 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    I was induced with DD1 - 5 3/4 hours

She still is impatient!
    • gocat
    • By gocat 7th Oct 17, 2:09 PM
    • 4,919 Posts
    • 54,223 Thanks
    gocat

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    This morning on my first fill up managed to get to £10 exactly, then started thinking what if it has to be £10.01 so pressed the nozzle again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,569Posts Today

7,596Users online

Martin's Twitter