Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 18th Jun 15, 10:49 AM
    • 12,511Posts
    • 39,804Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread
    • 18th Jun 15, 10:49 AM
    0 WOW
    Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread 18th Jun 15 at 10:49 AM
    Please use this thread to chat about the free cinema ticket offers and films.

Please note that swapping of tickets should not be posted as it is against the site rules to exchange personal details.

This is a continuation of this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3766197
    Last edited by sarah1972; 19-06-2015 at 6:04 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 35
    • Mee
    • By Mee 29th Aug 17, 1:19 PM
    • 960 Posts
    • 944 Thanks
    Mee
    The Limehouse Golem
    Received a ShowFilmFirst invite with £2.00 'admin' charge.

Wonder what those who saw it on 20/8 and earlier thought of it.

Also, wondering whether we can still refer to most tickets on the Codes forum as 'Free' anymore as most require a newspaper sub. or payment of a 'admin' fee.
    • aife
    • By aife 31st Aug 17, 3:24 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    aife
    Clicked on link for a documentary on the latest SFF email (haven't posted it here as I don't think the link works for anyone else ) , landed on the SFF sign in page , signed in , got the ticket page .
    Then got a pop up saying "Install Coupon Unity"
    I clicked on this assuming it was another of SFF's innovations but found I had to close it to get to ticket page , so I'm assuming it's not needed for SFF. From a quick google it looks like a PUP
    Has anyone else had this ?
    Am I right in thinking I should remove it ? Or are SFF issuing tickets through this now ?
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 31st Aug 17, 3:26 PM
    • 2,091 Posts
    • 3,512 Thanks
    Poochface
    Clicked on link for a documentary on the latest SFF email (haven't posted it here as I don't think the link works for anyone else ) , landed on the SFF sign in page , signed in , got the ticket page .
    Then got a pop up saying "Install Coupon Unity"
    I clicked on this assuming it was another of SFF's innovations but found I had to close it to get to ticket page , so I'm assuming it's not needed for SFF. From a quick google it looks like a PUP
    Has anyone else had this ?
    Am I right in thinking I should remove it ? Or are SFF issuing tickets through this now ?
    Originally posted by aife

According to Google, that's spyware/malware.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 4th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 13,414 Posts
    • 141,257 Thanks
    quoia
    COMING SOON for TELEGRAPH Subscribers

BORG Vs McENROE

www.imdb.com/title/tt5727282

SUBTITLED ? - Spoken language includes SWEDISH, FRENCH, GERMAN & SPANISH

PRELIMINARY DETAILS (Possibly subject to change)

Certificate - TBA (U?)

Tuesday 19th September

18:00 for 18:30

ODEON cinemas

Birmingham Broadway Plaza
    Liverpool One
    Manchester Trafford
    Greenwich
    Oxford – George St
    Norwich
    Wimbledon

18:30 for 19:00

SHOWCASE cinemas

Bristol CDL
    Leeds CDL
    Leicester CDL
    Nottingham CDL
    Reading CDL

www.media-promotions.com/teleg_ticket_booking/logout_open.php

For help booking tickets, please call 0800 138 1007
    quoting RIVALRY and your TS number.

1980. Björn Borg (Sverrir Gudnason) is the number one ranked tennis player in the world, dominating the sport both on and off the court. A powerful and rigorously disciplined player, there is only one obstacle in his pursuit of a record-breaking fifth Wimbledon championship; the highly talented but ferociously abrasive young American, John McEnroe (a perfectly cast Shia LaBeouf).

With three days until the tournament begins, Borg trains religiously in his lavish Monaco home, aided by his coach and mentor Lennart (Stellan Skarsgård) and girlfriend Mariana. But McEnroe's explosive confidence and wrecking ball persona continue to infiltrate Borg's ice-cool and normally unshakable temperament. With each man the antithesis of the other, both players delve into their formative memories as the climactic tournament draws near and anticipation reaches fever pitch.

Visceral and breathlessly tense, the match itself - regarded as one of the greatest of all time - would mark the pinnacle of the ‘Fire and Ice’ rivalry between Borg and McEnroe; an exhilarating battle of personalities that set the world of tennis alight.
    Last edited by quoia; 07-09-2017 at 2:42 PM.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S ω6.59 so far ..
    • quoia
    • By quoia 4th Sep 17, 8:23 PM
    • 13,414 Posts
    • 141,257 Thanks
    quoia
    COMING SOON for TELEGRAPH Subscribers

THE GLASS CASTLE

www.imdb.com/title/tt2378507

PRELIMINARY DETAILS (Possibly subject to change)

Certificate - 12A

Monday 2nd October

18:00 for 18:30

LOCATIONS

Birmingham
    Bristol Cribbs
    Camberley
    Croydon Grants
    Leeds Light
    London - Soho
    Manchester Printworks
    North Finchley
    Norwich
    Portsmouth
    Reading
    Thurrock Lakeside

Chronicling the adventures of an eccentric, resilient and tight-knit family, THE GLASS CASTLE is a remarkable story of unconditional love.
    Oscar® winner Brie Larson brings Jeannette Walls’s best-selling memoir to life as a young woman who, influenced by the joyfully wild nature of her deeply dysfunctional father (Woody Harrelson), found the fiery determination to carve out a successful life on her own terms.
    Last edited by quoia; 12-09-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S ω6.59 so far ..
    • tamasina
    • By tamasina 22nd Sep 17, 10:53 AM
    • 196 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    tamasina
    Free films
    Are they still doing free previews. I've not been around for months
    • geordie_ben
    • By geordie_ben 28th Sep 17, 10:19 AM
    • 3,095 Posts
    • 9,140 Thanks
    geordie_ben
    What's the crack with the weticketit links. where do we get the codes from?
    Remember, remember, REMEMBER cashback and discount codes!
    Officially Debt Free as of 25/03/11
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 28th Sep 17, 10:23 AM
    • 7,149 Posts
    • 10,004 Thanks
    KxMx
    There isn't a code you just book with them direct. As you say it's weticketit powered by SFF, not SFF alone.

I've deleted the post on other thread because the link wasn't working, for unknown reasons. Nor is the BFI one I posted here!

How I found the screening:
    Visited BFI website.
    Searched for Breathe
    Clicked on Breathe (not Buy)
    Scrolled down the page where there is a link to book free tickets.
    Last edited by KxMx; 28-09-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    • geordie_ben
    • By geordie_ben 28th Sep 17, 10:32 AM
    • 3,095 Posts
    • 9,140 Thanks
    geordie_ben
    Clicking the link above gives me https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/lff/Online/error.asp?tampering=
    Remember, remember, REMEMBER cashback and discount codes!
    Officially Debt Free as of 25/03/11
    • Mee
    • By Mee 29th Sep 17, 10:47 AM
    • 960 Posts
    • 944 Thanks
    Mee
    I think this is the link /

https://www.weticketit.com/seeitfirst/booking/Event/detail/XFW83125
    • Rebeccastewart666
    • By Rebeccastewart666 7th Oct 17, 10:37 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rebeccastewart666
    Hi newbie here so please be gentle with me! First I wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts free tickets you have brought a lot of fun into my life in the last couple of weeks since i discovered this thread. Now for my question on the codes only no chat thread the last post is for battle of the sexes which i would love to see but it doesn't have a link to claim them. Does anyone know which website i can use please? Other posts about that film have not had a local cinema to me but the last post did so i really want to find the tickets through that specific website. Help please?
    • Queenriderbrekke
    • By Queenriderbrekke 7th Oct 17, 10:43 AM
    • 5,379 Posts
    • 51,102 Thanks
    Queenriderbrekke
    http://www.showfilmfirst.com/service/ticket_checkout.php?ticket_code=887357
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
    • Gloria Steeth
    • By Gloria Steeth 13th Oct 17, 9:03 AM
    • 593 Posts
    • 4,458 Thanks
    Gloria Steeth
    Call Me By Your Name
    Sunday 22nd Oct at 11:00am

^There's a free preview for this in today's Guardian. The booking link in the newspaper is www.seeitfirst.com and the code is Call127 but when I tested it, it changed to weticketit dot com and says the code is not valid...
    EDIT: Thank you to Queenriderbrekke for confirming that the code is working now.

At these Picturehouse cinemas:

Bradford, Media Museum
    Brighton, Duke of York's (10:30am start)
    Brixton, Ritzy
    Central
    Clapham
    Crouch End
    East Dulwich
    Exeter
    Greenwich
    Hackney
    Henley, Regal
    Liverpool, FACT
    Norwich, Cinema City
    Notting Hill, The Gate
    Oxford, Phoenix
    Southampton, Harbour Lights
    Stratford East
    Last edited by Gloria Steeth; 13-10-2017 at 4:58 PM. Reason: update
    • Queenriderbrekke
    • By Queenriderbrekke 13th Oct 17, 12:21 PM
    • 5,379 Posts
    • 51,102 Thanks
    Queenriderbrekke
    working ok now
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 15th Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    • 647 Posts
    • 772 Thanks
    General Grant
    Can anyone provide a valid code (Call127 doesn't work for me) for Call Me By Your Name on Sunday 22nd October 2017?

Now got tickets. It was not the usual route to reach SFF site.
    Last edited by General Grant; 15-10-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    • JohnSee
    • By JohnSee 15th Oct 17, 3:16 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    JohnSee
    SFF Code ?
    Is there a valid SFF Code ? (Call127 ?)
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 15th Oct 17, 3:22 PM
    • 647 Posts
    • 772 Thanks
    General Grant
    Is there a valid SFF Code ? (Call127 ?)
    Originally posted by JohnSee
    go via www.seeitfirst.com and the Call127 works
    • greasythug
    • By greasythug 16th Oct 17, 6:40 PM
    • 232 Posts
    • 763 Thanks
    greasythug
    Free Halloween Short Film Event in London Sunday October 29th 7PM
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/christabel-presents-oh-the-horror-tickets-38811749989

Christabel Presents... Oh the Horror!

DESCRIPTION
    What makes a terrifying Horror story? One vital element is suspense. Holding an audience’s fear and anxiety for long enough for that all important scare is a must-have on any Horror director’s checklist.
    So to kick off our first event and to celebrate HALLOWEEN, I have programmed a series of shorts that explore how suspense is created in our ‘safe spaces’. Whether in our homes or at work, how can filmmakers transform the landscape from familiar to fearful? How do these filmmakers, within a short time, create a deadly world for hero and viewer alike?
    We will begin with a handful of Horror animations, move onto our shorts and finish off with a very special screening of “Mab” followed by some special guests along the way.
    We are being hosted in RedYellowBlue Stratford which is wheelchair accessible. Although there are no official age ratings we do not recommend the event suitable for children.
    PROGRAMME FOR THE NIGHT
    19:00 HORROR ANIMATIONS
    Zombigotchi! (Dir. Mikey Please, 2010, 55 secs, UK)
    Short animation on the cutest little zombie you'll ever meet.
    Vicious Zombie Circle (Dir. Alex Amelines, 2012, 1 min 30 secs, UK)
    Zombies are people too. Like everyone else they eat, they love, they fear, they hate, they can make mistakes and they also enjoy a good chainsaw.
    Meanwhile: A Spooky Forest (Dir. Alasdair Brotherston & Jock Mooney, 2012, 10 secs, UK)
    Micro-short animation
    Rot (Dir. Erica Luke, 2012, 33 secs, UK)
    Stop-motion displaying the decay of human flesh
    Mighty Antlers (Dir. Sune Fogtmann, 2011, 4 mins 39 secs. Denmark)
    A man drives his car furiously down a narrow road, when he encounters a deer he makes a villainous attempt to ram it. However this particular hit and run has jaw-crushing consequences.

Dead Beat Dad (Dir. Kevin Williams, 2012, 1 min 55 secs Canada)
    This short was created as part of a graduate project in animation.
    19:12 HORROR SHORTS
    He Dies at the End (Dir. Damian McCarthy, 2010, 5 mins, UK)
    Alone in an office, a man is taking part in a strange online quiz, to find out how he will die.

The Smiling Man (Dir. AJ Briones, 2015, 7 mins 4 secs, USA)
    A little girl comes face to face with pure evil.

Unknown Number (Dir. David Nguyen, 2016, 7 mins 30 secs, Canada)
    A girl who is up late studying finds herself being haunted and receiving calls from an unknown number.
    Charlie (Dir. Luke Mordue, 2013, 16 min 39 secs, UK)
    "...if you don't forward this email to 15 people in the next 5 minutes Charlie will come for you at 9pm tomorrow night..."

Bedfellows (Dir. Drew Daywalt, 2008, 2 min 30 secs, USA)
    It is only a few minutes before one in the morning and the rude and repetitive noise of an incoming call ruptures the stillness of the night. Who could that be at this hour? And why is the husband as stiff as a corpse?
    I Heard It Too (Dir. Matt Sears, 2014, 8 mins, USA)
    A girl hears her mother yelling her name from downstairs. As she get to the stairs, her mum pulls her into her room and says “I heard it too”.
    Mr. Creak (Dir. Liam Banks, 2015, 4 mins, UK)
    Returning to her childhood home after many years, Penelope is tormented by a monster that she thought had vanished long ago.
    Vicious (Dir. Oliver Park, 2015, 12 min 30 secs, UK)
    A young woman comes home one night to find her front door unlocked and suspects she might not be alone in the house. Winner of Best Film at Toronto After Dark and the Platinum Award for Best Film in the LA Horror Competition 2016.

20:15 SPECIAL SCREENING
    Mab (Dir. Katie Bonham, 2017, 15 mins 8 secs, UK)
    A magical realism short that uncovers the sacrifices people make to take control of their lives and the evil that lurks in the darkness of desperation.

20:30-20:50 BREAK
    Enjoy a drink and some light refreshments from the bar at RedYellowBlue.

20:50-21:20 DISCUSSION AND Q&A
    Discussion and Q&A with Paul McEvoy, director of Fright Fest and Katie Bonham director of "Mab".

More guests and spooky surprises TBA!
    • Mee
    • By Mee 22nd Oct 17, 2:48 PM
    • 960 Posts
    • 944 Thanks
    Mee
    Re: Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool

Just to be aware that most have a waiting list except:

Cambridge
    Cardiff
    Exeter
    London - Crouch End
    London - Hackney
    Oxford
    Southampton

Once tickets are all claimed, we'll open up a limited waiting list for cancellations before showing it as 'Fully booked'
    c/o http://www.freecinema.co.uk/free-cinema-tickets-to-see-film-stars-dont-die-in-liverpool/
    Last edited by Mee; Yesterday at 6:29 PM. Reason: Updated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,324Posts Today

8,882Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin