Torch

2»

Comments

• indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Jackmydad wrote: »

If you want stuff like that you can pick up stuff from amazon for about £2 from china. Full metal body torches. Think that one says its 45 lumens which isn't very bright really.

I will say for a light weight headtorch ~150 lumens then you can't go wrong with the alpkit gamma. Its £18 and its what most of us at our club use for winter trail running at night.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Jackmydad
    Jackmydad Posts: 9,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Head torches are OK for working or running, but they always make you look a bit strange if you're just walking about. (At least I think they do, and I don't really care what people think much).
    The little Nitecore really is a good bit of kit if you really do want a small torch for "walking about" with. Don't know if it's got the range for what the OP wants though re-reading. Good spread.
    Apparently the two quid copies aren't as good, but I haven't tried one.
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Those light up dog collars are awesome, as someone who cycles winter evenings for exercise I see most people using them and lets me avoid their pets for both our safety.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I just saw a metal LED torch in Tesco for £2.99. It was in the household section, with the car stuff, light bulbs, etc.
    (Nearly) dunroving
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport