Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • khadijahahmed
    • By khadijahahmed 1st Oct 17, 5:34 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    khadijahahmed
    Mugged Student Nurse
    • 1st Oct 17, 5:34 PM
    Mugged Student Nurse 1st Oct 17 at 5:34 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I hope you're well.

I am a 20 year old, third year student nurse. In desperate need of some help/advice.
    On the day of my huge practical exam I got mugged on university campus, 3 teengage lads on bikes rode past me and snatched my iPhone 6s from my hands as I was messaging a friend to let her know I was walking over to the exam hall. I reported it to university security and the police, both of whose response was shocking.

I am now in need of a new phone and ideally would like to repurchase the iPhone 6s. I decided to wait until the new iPhone 8 came out in the hopes that the price would reduce. I've been shopping around but am struggling to find a good deal. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me.

As a university student I am eligible for student discount and I also work as a healthcare assistant and so am able to get NHS discount too.

I currently have my SIM on contract so am only really in need of the phone itself, however I am open to starting a new contract.

I'd appreciate any advice as to where I could possibly get the best deal.

Thankyou very much,
    a broke and very desperate student nurse
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 1st Oct 17, 8:24 PM
    • 18,679 Posts
    • 14,397 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 1st Oct 17, 8:24 PM
    • 1st Oct 17, 8:24 PM
    Buy a cheaper Android phone would be my suggestion.
    • Kohl
    • By Kohl 1st Oct 17, 8:35 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 1,236 Thanks
    Kohl
    • 1st Oct 17, 8:35 PM
    • 1st Oct 17, 8:35 PM
    First of all, I'm really sorry that this happened to you

Are you open to considering a used iPhone at all? You might be able to make a significant saving that way - MusicMagpie have some good deals on used handsets at the moment.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

224Posts Today

1,475Users online

Martin's Twitter