Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Molly Crow
    • By Molly Crow 27th Sep 17, 10:13 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Molly Crow
    Student loan additional drawdown on statement... 5 years after finishing uni??
    • 27th Sep 17, 10:13 PM
    Student loan additional drawdown on statement... 5 years after finishing uni?? 27th Sep 17 at 10:13 PM
    I left uni in 2012 and have just received a statement that has £3k 'drawdown' this year which means that despite making payments each month my overall balance has actually gone up this year.

I called the SLC who said that sometimes universities are a 'bit late' with charging their fees correctly. I asked for them to send me all the information about what I've been charged and when, and they have told me I'll be charged by them to provide me with that information.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is it really possible for a university to charge you more 5 years down the line?

Thanks
Page 1
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 27th Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 3,784 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 27th Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    • 27th Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    It's not usual but it is possible (and lawful).

You should have received an annual statement. Did you check these were correct? If you no longer have them then you'll need to submit a subject access request, which will cost £10.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,042Posts Today

7,655Users online

Martin's Twitter