Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lindos56
    • By Lindos56 14th Sep 17, 11:34 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lindos56
    IF credit card!
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:34 AM
    IF credit card! 14th Sep 17 at 11:34 AM
    Hi I wonder if anyone else out there has an IF credit card that apparently can't be found on an Equifax credit check? I have had th car for a number of years (last activity 2008) but according to my credit report it doesn't exist. Anyone else had the same or similar issue?
Page 1
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 14th Sep 17, 11:45 AM
    • 471 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    RG2015
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:45 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:45 AM
    Old credit cards and bank accounts often do not show on credit reports. This is because the bank or finance house does not have the customer's permission to share their data for old accounts. More recently opened accounts will have permission in the newer terms and conditions.

Not sure of the precise date this changed and it may vary from bank to bank. I have heard that accounts over twenty years old will not be reported unless they have had a default.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 27th Sep 17, 5:10 AM
    • 2,070 Posts
    • 912 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 27th Sep 17, 5:10 AM
    • 27th Sep 17, 5:10 AM
    Perhaps IF don't report to Equifax. Have you checked your files with the other CRA's to see if it is reported to them?
    If the last activity on the account was in 2008, are you sure the account is still open? Do you actually still hols a valid card?
    I have heard that accounts over twenty years old will not be reported unless they have had a default.
    Originally posted by RG2015
    This is often stated but contradicted by my own experiences. I currently have 2 active credit card accounts 20+ years old and a current account 30+ years old. All 3 accounts are correctly reported to both Experian and Equifax. No default has ever occurred on these accounts.
    Last edited by Ben8282; 27-09-2017 at 5:14 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,555Posts Today

6,787Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin