Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SecondDegreePerm
    • By SecondDegreePerm 11th Sep 17, 1:04 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SecondDegreePerm
    Is Glide(utility bills splitting for students) economical and customer friendly?
    • 11th Sep 17, 1:04 PM
    Is Glide(utility bills splitting for students) economical and customer friendly? 11th Sep 17 at 1:04 PM
    Hi all,
    My housemates and I are conflicted as to whether we use glide to manage our bills or simply phone up traditional bill companies. Around the web people claim that glide is vastly more expensive than traditional electric and gas companies, but I have found the reverse to be true. Our house holds 4 bedrooms and 4 people, and we got a quote for £10.33 per person per week for gas, electric and water.
    Does glide expect its customers to use ridiculously small amounts of gas and electricity, then overcharge massively when they inevitably go over? Is it safer to go with traditional bills companies? Is glide as student friendly as they look?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Lokolo
    • By Lokolo 11th Sep 17, 2:17 PM
    • 19,846 Posts
    • 14,911 Thanks
    Lokolo
    • 11th Sep 17, 2:17 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 2:17 PM
    What is this quote based on though? Unless you have provided actual amounts used the quote will be based on an estimate which could be wildly speculative.

Find out what their estimates are based on - usage wise. Then use an energy comparison site to compare the total cost.
    • SecondDegreePerm
    • By SecondDegreePerm 11th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SecondDegreePerm
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    • 11th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    Looking more closely at it the terms are so vague, such as the energy usage in relation to cost, that I am going to steer clear of it. Would you believe one of my flatmates just heard someone complain about how glide charged overcharged them 2 months of bills! Thanks for the response
    • maryb
    • By maryb 26th Sep 17, 12:00 PM
    • 3,447 Posts
    • 41,025 Thanks
    maryb
    • 26th Sep 17, 12:00 PM
    • 26th Sep 17, 12:00 PM
    My DD's house used Glide and despite sending regular meter readings they got hit with an electricity bill of £100 EACH at the end.
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 26th Sep 17, 2:46 PM
    • 18,679 Posts
    • 14,397 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 26th Sep 17, 2:46 PM
    • 26th Sep 17, 2:46 PM
    I don't think I've ever heard a single good thing about Glide, there are threads on here about how shoddy they are. Well avoided I would say.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

284Posts Today

1,178Users online

Martin's Twitter