Praise and Please

Praise
As I am still a newbie compared with some, I am on the blue skin. I am pleased that when I am posting I can see all the other posts below. This is brilliant as trying to remember them is difficult.

Please
I never know who is online on this skin, and I never know who has initials after their username, so I wonder why they have disappeared. A little adjustment so those of us who are new or fairly new, would really help.
Thank -you
Tips

Comments

• colinw
    colinw Posts: 59,967
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 July 2017 at 2:22PM
    Praise
    As I am still a newbie compared with some, I am on the blue skin. I am pleased that when I am posting I can see all the other posts below. This is brilliant as trying to remember them is difficult.

Please
    I never know who is online on this skin, and I never know who has initials after their username, so I wonder why they have disappeared. A little adjustment so those of us who are new or fairly new, would really help.
    Thank -you
    Tips

Tips...Do you mean you want an easy way of seeing if someone has been banned?
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Hi Tips

Sorry for being dumb but what does the blue skin mean
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • colinw
    colinw Posts: 59,967
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi Tips

They changed the look of the forum a while ago from the old green format to a new blue look, old timers like me :p where given the choice of remaining on the old green look......newer users do not get that choice as they want to move away from the old format to a more modern look.
  • Tipsntreats
    Tipsntreats Posts: 8,612
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi Tips

You are not dumb.:)
    In your edit options, it is the first choice Use Forum Default (recommended)
    Much larger screen and blue at the top - Blue Skin.
    On this skin, I don't see the same as the old Green one.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Ahh I see. I didn't realise there was a difference. Mine is all green so I guess I'm old :)
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Tipsntreats
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Ahh I see. I didn't realise there was a difference. Mine is all green so I guess I'm old :)
    Not at all. I can change mine, but I am so used to the blue.
    It just needs some extras. Hence the thread.
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    colinw wrote: »
    Tips...Do you mean you want an easy way of seeing if someone has been banned?

easy way to check that in the 'new' skin is to see if their signature is still there (presuming they had one)
  • Tipsntreats
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    easy way to check that in the 'new' skin is to see if their signature is still there (presuming they had one)
    It's more about seeing who is online, in spite of someone thinking different.
    Although I have to admit that there seems to be a lot of members missing that used to post in DT as well as the Arms.
  • joansgirl
    joansgirl Posts: 17,899
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    It's more about seeing who is online, in spite of someone thinking different.
    Although I have to admit that there seems to be a lot of members missing that used to post in DT as well as the Arms.

You can tell if someone is online when using the blue skin as there is a green light under their avi, or where the avi should be. Also if you click the forum jump button and scroll to the top there is a section called....."who's online".
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • Tipsntreats
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    joansgirl wrote: »
    You can tell if someone is online when using the blue skin as there is a green light under their avi, or where the avi should be. Also if you click the forum jump button and scroll to the top there is a section called....."who's online".
    Do you know I didn't know that. Thank- you.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure