Santander FTB timeline?

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has experience with Santander in terms of a mortgage application timeline?
I submitted my proof of earnings after the Aip approved on Friday 9th June.

I've agreed a move in date of July 21st....will that be enough time for a FTB?

Comments

• jarshay
    jarshay Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Heya @Aly28,

I am in the same position as you, had our AIP approved on the 26th May and we are still waiting - fingers crossed for us both!
    Mortgage for £212000 - 10/17 for 35 years!
    Aiming to overpay each year as close to 10% as possible!
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You need to know when the valuation is instructed and you need to know from the agent when the valuation is/will be carried out.

You will at least then know the earliest point you can expect them to get an offer out, a couple of days after the valuation.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Aly28
    Aly28 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    jarshay wrote: »
    Heya @Aly28,

I am in the same position as you, had our AIP approved on the 26th May and we are still waiting - fingers crossed for us both!

Hey Jarshay,
    Fingers crossed for you too! When was your full application submitted?
    I have a telephone appointment with the mortgage advisor on Tuesday before it goes to the underwriters!!
  • jarshay
    Aly28 wrote: »
    Hey Jarshay,
    Fingers crossed for you too! When was your full application submitted?
    I have a telephone appointment with the mortgage advisor on Tuesday before it goes to the underwriters!!

Heya Aly28!

Well... I got a text this morning saying that our application had been submitted to Santander - so I presume our broker was preparing everything before submitting in the past day or two.

Fingers crossed we get it as we will be devastated is we don't get this house!

How did your call go today?
  • Aly28
    Aly28 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    jarshay wrote: »
    Heya Aly28!

Well... I got a text this morning saying that our application had been submitted to Santander - so I presume our broker was preparing everything before submitting in the past day or two.

Fingers crossed we get it as we will be devastated is we don't get this house!

How did your call go today?

The call went really well yeah! Just went through all my details on the application to make sure they had all the info/notes and supporting documents in place. Since i'm a new customer, ive been sent a letter to my home address. The application cant go to the underwriters until this is done but it should hopefully just take a couple of days. She seemed very optimistic when i told her my timeline so fingers crossed!

Looks like we'll be in this together! :j
  • jarshay
    The call went really well yeah! Just went through all my details on the application to make sure they had all the info/notes and supporting documents in place. Since i'm a new customer, ive been sent a letter to my home address. The application cant go to the underwriters until this is done but it should hopefully just take a couple of days. She seemed very optimistic when i told her my timeline so fingers crossed!

Oh great to hear it was positive. We had an update on our application and have to submit our company accounts then they can continue - I really hope this works out! I'll be back with a (positive) update soon!
  • SuboJvR
    SuboJvR Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi guys. Also in the same boat - our application went to Santander on Monday via broker.

Evidently our valuation was completed on 21/6 :O - very soon!

However we've hit a small snag. We are using HTB and apparently I didn't fill in the equal opportunities section properly - of all things, LOL! Just need to amend that to get the authority to proceed sorted and then pass that on to Santander :-)
  • jarshay

Slight update ... got a call from the estate agent of the house we are buying to inform me of a survey/valuation being booked in on Friday this week.

Underwriters have asked for more documents from my wife, that I am scanning and sending over in the morning.

I do hope that this means if the valuation is ok, that we are good to go!
  • tomryan89
    tomryan89 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Sorry to hijack but also applying through Santander - they were booked in to do the valuation today. Does that mean we've past all credit checks and affordability tests - as in, is it essentially at "application accepted subject to Valuation" ?
  • jarshay
    tomryan89 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack but also applying through Santander - they were booked in to do the valuation today. Does that mean we've past all credit checks and affordability tests - as in, is it essentially at "application accepted subject to Valuation" ?

Heya, I'm not sure as I've not heard anything back, but I do know that I'll know in 2-3 days as my broker told me they are on a 2-3 day turnaround currently.

I'll let you know - whilst I panic for the next few days!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure