IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NE Parking and Gladstones

2»

Comments

• jfh72
    jfh72 Posts: 11
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ok thanks again. Sorry for asking stupid questions but we're rattled by this. It's not helping that we are in the middle of moving house and all the joys it brings.

I've uploaded all the correspondence from NE Parking and Gladstones, link below.

hxxp://s1378.photobucket.com/user/jfh72/library/?view=recent&page=1

We responded by email to the first NE letter (NTK) within 14 days of its issue date. They never acknowledged this and went straight to the LBC from Gladstones. At that point we wrote to both of them challenging the charge and asking for evidence. NE sent the appeal rejection letter and the next day the Court Claim arrived.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,628
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Did you state who was driving, words like 'I parked'?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jfh72
    jfh72 Posts: 11
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Text of the letter sent to both NE and Gladstones

3rd May 2017
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    Reference: CS12051

I am writing to you in connection with the above parking charge notice. The notice dated 16th March 2017 (received 22nd March) relates to an alleged failure to pay the appropriate parking fee at the car park on Church Street, Blackpool. FY1 3DR on 2nd February 2017.

I have used this car park on a daily basis for 7 years without receiving a parking charge notice and regularly ensure that the correct parking fee is paid (including any increases if there have been any). I believe that this charge has been issued to me in error.

In order for me to properly consider this notice I require sight of any CCTV or stills from the same, or any photographs taken from the car park along with any data showing what payment was received in order to show that I was in fact in contravention of the parking conditions. I have the upmost faith that I have not breached the same and I wish to dispute the charge notice.

I am also somewhat concerned that it has taken approximately seven weeks for this to be brought to my attention especially. On the day in question I know that I will have paid the appropriate fee as I always have done.

Until I receive the information requested I will not be in a position to accept this charge. I am hopeful this information can be sent to me before the need for court action. If however this information is unavailable then I would hope you would reconsider your position in relation to this charge.

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days.

Without prejudice
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    jfh72 wrote: »
    Text of the letter sent to both NE and Gladstones

3rd May 2017
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    Reference: CS12051

I am writing to you in connection with the above parking charge notice. The notice dated 16th March 2017 (received 22nd March) relates to an alleged failure to pay the appropriate parking fee at the car park on Church Street, Blackpool. FY1 3DR on 2nd February 2017.

I have used this car park on a daily basis for 7 years without receiving a parking charge notice and regularly ensure that the correct parking fee is paid (including any increases if there have been any). I believe that this charge has been issued to me in error.

In order for me to properly consider this notice I require sight of any CCTV or stills from the same, or any photographs taken from the car park along with any data showing what payment was received in order to show that I was in fact in contravention of the parking conditions. I have the upmost faith that I have not breached the same and I wish to dispute the charge notice.

I am also somewhat concerned that it has taken approximately seven weeks for this to be brought to my attention especially. On the day in question I know that I will have paid the appropriate fee as I always have done.

Until I receive the information requested I will not be in a position to accept this charge. I am hopeful this information can be sent to me before the need for court action. If however this information is unavailable then I would hope you would reconsider your position in relation to this charge.

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days.

Without prejudice

http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/jfh72/library/?view=recent&page=1

Remove Without prejudice as this is used if you don't want a letter to be seen in court.

You are trying to mitigate and you need to show this

Chances are that in their usual incompetent way, they will ignore or reply with nonsense
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure