Parcel left in porch - considered delivered?

124»

Comments

• Nesty
    Nesty Posts: 492
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It looks absolutely fine, but regardless, you've paid for something and it hasn't arrived. The director of the company is mid 20's and has had several Directorships, you would think he would be savvy enough to help but some just "pile em high". I would be appealing eBay, then Paypal and then if you can't get a chargeback initiated, go for an LBA. When he realises you won't go away he may actually do what he should be doing now. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

Sure will do. I am going away for a break Tuesday (chair was meant for that)! I would like to know who the courier was. I'll let you know what happens thanks!
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,580
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    From the wording on tracking, I'd take a punt that Hermes was the courier.
  • Nesty
    Forumite
    KxMx wrote: »
    From the wording on tracking, I'd take a punt that Hermes was the courier.

I thought Hermes. Though I use Hermes regularly. I know if I get a parcel to the parcel shop 9am on a Monday. The earliest (depending on distance) is Wed delivery. There is no way Hermes got that on Monday and would do a Tues morning delivery.

If the seller states Hermes. I want to see the label in question.
  • Nesty
    Forumite
    edited 14 May 2017 at 11:22AM
    Had a message from the seller this morning (Sunday they meant to be closed). Saying the courier was Hermes.
    I have asked the seller for the offical Hermes tracking number.

I am suspecing that tracking the seller has provided is fake (they still haven't loaded it up yet). I doubt this is GSP transit prior hermes, as again all too fast.
    The timing don't tie in with Hermes. I used Hermes reguarly. The fastest delivery I have it down to is (IE Monday morning collection, Wed Delivery). I know the Hermes local bloke here as well & he knows my road well.
    I will be investigating this more!
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,580
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 14 May 2017 at 1:41PM
    Hermes do offer next day/ 24 hour delivery.
    https://www.hermesworld.com/en/our-services/distribution/uk-distribution/services/next-day.html
    So if your seller is a business customer of Hermes it's possible the times fit.
    The general public use MyHermes for which I think the fastest offering is 48hours, those larger business customers using HermesWorld get the quicker option.

Having said that it is suspicious that you still have not been provided proof the tracking given relates to your item.
  • Nesty
    Forumite
    edited 14 May 2017 at 3:13PM
    KxMx wrote: »
    Hermes do offer next day/ 24 hour delivery.
    https://www.hermesworld.com/en/our-services/distribution/uk-distribution/services/next-day.html
    So if your seller is a business customer of Hermes it's possible the times fit.
    The general public use MyHermes for which I think the fastest offering is 48hours, those larger business customers using HermesWorld get the quicker option.

Having said that it is suspicious that you still have not been provided proof the tracking given relates to your item.

Ok thanks. Didn't know that.
    I just done some investigation with that corporate Hermes and found on the site the tracking that info the seller sent me. However there is no visual address or inforation that it's my parcel.

It will be interesting to see if the seller actually loads up that tracking number as there is nothing prove that tracking number has gone to my address.
  • Nesty
    Forumite
    Still going with seller. Item still out there somewhere!
    The seller sends me a message today saying that as a small company they can't afford the loss.

A powerseller with 12,000 odd feedback. Messages like that really annoy me as what they saying me as a buyer can afford the loss?
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Nesty wrote: »
    Still going with seller. Item still out there somewhere!
    The seller sends me a message today saying that as a small company they can't afford the loss.

A powerseller with 12,000 odd feedback. Messages like that really annoy me as what they saying me as a buyer can afford the loss?

Tell them that if they dispute the delivery with the carrier, they won't suffer a loss.
  • Nesty
    Forumite
    All solved. My housemate texted me it arrived this morning. Just on the doorstep.
    Obviously someone received it in their porch whilst probably away & passed it on.
    Oh well when I get back hopefully use it for the next trip away!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure