No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2017

Comments

• VALM wrote: »
    31 Laura Mercier Sweet Almond Milk Lotiin I'm seriously thinking of treating myself to one of the 200ml (this one was the smaller size sold in gift sets) when I visit the US. Smelt as lovely after a day at work as when first applied. Only have one left : Pistachio fragrance.

Yay reached my pledged amount for the month. In the words of Jimmy Cricket though "there's more":-

32 L'Or!al Excellence hair colour in 5.6 Auburn WDNBA as these only last 3 weeks. Have kept the top of the box though to colour match another rand.

33 Balance Me Instant Pore Minimiser Primer came in my advent calendar. Didn't like funny Yardley Lily of the Valley fragrance. My make up lasts longer when using Spackle. Kept this for the weekends.

I've repotted the very last of my cleanser which will be UUed before Wednesday I think.

The pistachio is gorgeous too, love the Laura Mercier body stuff :A
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 9/53 UU, 3 IN
  • So I have a few naughty ins.

All I needed was another concealer and I bought 2, then a lipstick, a mascara and 2 nail polishes :whistle:
    Can I join you on the naughty step?!
    I ordered two Zoeva Eyeshadow Palettes and they arrived yesterday. I don't even feel bad about it, though, they're so pretty! I got En Taupe and Naturally Yours.
    I did GA two palettes though so my numbers haven't changed and I paid with money from my UU pot from last year so they were "money-neutral" too! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)
    So they're in and a Sleek and Makeup Revolution palette are out!
    Well done on reaching your target Valm! :)
  • I know it's a little bit early but I was thinking about doing my first PP in February so I made a new thread for February while I was here!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72010416
    :)
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    2 INs for me

Aldi Lacura serum and face mask. They were reduced so I thought I'd give them ago!

They also had a day and night cream, I've heard mixed reviews. Has anyone here used them?
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,491
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    One UU from tonight:

Lush Rose Bombshell WDBA - I loved this bath bomb. Rose Jam is one of my favourite scents.

I should have one UU tomorrow or the day after, but I think that will be all I'll get finished for this month.
  • savingfortomorrow
    savingfortomorrow Posts: 1,058
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 29 January 2017 at 11:15PM
    went into superdrug and bought a garnier mask- it is on the face but not sure i like it. however, the answer is in the results. i feel like it is a wet bit kitchen paper hanging on my face with it feeling very ick. At least it was on offer asther is no way i would pay full price. So after 15 minutes it left my skin sticky and i had to wash it off. it felt terrible and clammy feeling. WNBA

I got 2 packs of the lip balm and scrub on off, it is really good, no liquid paraffin.

I went to the Polish shop to buy food and l look at the cosmetics as i know some of them are brilliant quality. I got a serum and the ingredients are really high percentages of the good stuff. I was given samples of different products from a polish company and was really impressed with the quality and the cost is low. I think they might be the next trend.

I finished the trilogy cleanser, WNBA it did not clean the face, it left a lot of residual make up and seemed to be affected by age as the product is natural, i thought it was not very stable and effective as time went on.
  • went into superdrug and bought a garnier mask- it is on the face but not sure i like it. however, the answer is in the results. i feel like it is a wet bit kitchen paper hanging on my face with it feeling very ick. At least it was on offer asther is no way i would pay full price.

I got 2 packs of the lip balm and scrub on off, it is really good, no liquid paraffin.

I went to the Polish shop to buy food and l look at the cosmetics as i know some of them are brilliant quality. I got a serum and the ingredients are really high percentages of the good stuff. I was given samples of different products from a polish company and was really impressed with the quality and the cost is low. I think they might be the next trend.

I finished the trilogy cleanser, WNBA it did not clean the face, it left a lot of residual make up and seemed to be affected by age as the product is natural, i thought it was not very stable and effective as time went on.

This is the thing that puts me off trilogy - I'm sure the products really degrade once they are open. I do love the smell etc but don't like things 'going off'!
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 9/53 UU, 3 IN
  • Gemzie121
    Gemzie121 Posts: 668
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Another UU to report:

Lush R&B hair moisturiser 100g- WBA HG product. I love this so much and i use it every day. Makes my hair so soft and easier to manage. I love the smell too. I apply a little to the ends and lengths of my hair when ive towel dried it, before blow drying. I have another of these already to replace this.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,971
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    120ml Hand/body lotion (decanted forget which one) 8/8

3 items that I might UU are still going strong, will take about a week I think. Need to go and put new list together.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,491
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    One UU from this morning:

Aquafresh Complete Care Whitening toothpaste WDBA and already have. I have one in my stash as a back up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure