Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Tony
    • By MSE Tony 20th Jan 17, 2:16 PM
    • 60Posts
    • 11Thanks
    MSE Tony
    Insure4Retirement - Your Feedback
    • 20th Jan 17, 2:16 PM
    Insure4Retirement - Your Feedback 20th Jan 17 at 2:16 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for visiting.

We have recently added Insure4Retirement and we'd love to hear your feedback if you have used them before.

Thanks.

MSE Tony
Page 1
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 20th Jan 17, 2:54 PM
    • 34,975 Posts
    • 147,583 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 20th Jan 17, 2:54 PM
    • 20th Jan 17, 2:54 PM
    Is there meant to be a link in that post?
    • nicmalauren
    • By nicmalauren 22nd Jan 17, 8:37 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    nicmalauren
    • 22nd Jan 17, 8:37 PM
    • 22nd Jan 17, 8:37 PM
    Got a home insurance quote there, but came out nearly double the price of my last policy!
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    • decafonly4me
    • By decafonly4me 23rd Jan 17, 9:13 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    decafonly4me
    • 23rd Jan 17, 9:13 PM
    Success
    • 23rd Jan 17, 9:13 PM
    Hi Martin , used your link to Insure4Retirement and keyed a like for like Buildings and Contents quote and for me was £85 cheaper than my existing L&G policy! This was even disclosing a water causeway (Brook) which runs close to my property which my current insurer had never previously asked about. And using your link should bag me a further £75 Amazon Gift card within 90 days. (I have printed your link to info just in case I have to chase this up though) So, success. Hooray!
    • mikedej
    • By mikedej 6th Feb 17, 2:08 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mikedej
    • 6th Feb 17, 2:08 PM
    • 6th Feb 17, 2:08 PM
    Same as NICMALAUREN, ha ha!!
    • DevaCaesar
    • By DevaCaesar 14th Feb 17, 9:38 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DevaCaesar
    • 14th Feb 17, 9:38 PM
    • 14th Feb 17, 9:38 PM
    Not a good experience ....

- filled out form, promised 2 mins, but took around 10 mins
    - bombs out and then says give them a call (why would I do that! I'm completing a web form)

I'll stick with what I have, ta, but no ta.
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 15th Feb 17, 9:45 AM
    • 4,345 Posts
    • 14,696 Thanks
    indesisiv
    • 15th Feb 17, 9:45 AM
    • 15th Feb 17, 9:45 AM
    I just couldn't bring myself to use and insurance company that has a 4 instead of for.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • Mysteek
    • By Mysteek 22nd Feb 17, 6:54 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 507 Thanks
    Mysteek
    • 22nd Feb 17, 6:54 AM
    • 22nd Feb 17, 6:54 AM
    The link didn't work for me so I went direct to the web site and filled out a quote which came back almost double my current policy. And I am over 50 too Don't think I will be using this company as even with the £75 Amazon gift voucher it still works out more.
    MFIT #73 - Pay all mortgage off in 3 years £46,400£34,295 PAID £12,105
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 22nd Feb 17, 1:04 PM
    • 1,336 Posts
    • 841 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 22nd Feb 17, 1:04 PM
    • 22nd Feb 17, 1:04 PM
    Been with them 9 years and meant to swop years ago. They have got very expensive.

Eventually offered a 10% managers discount -I refused
    • skipjim
    • By skipjim 23rd Feb 17, 1:35 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    skipjim
    insure4retirement
    clicked on MSE link and attempted to fill in quotation request for home insurance. Two thirds of way through form it had a bug and I couldn't complete. Went to their own web page and same bug. Phoned them to inform them of bug, they offered to do quote over phone (I declined). Then told me to avoid the question with the bug to be able to complete quotation. I did this and they were very expensive and will not be following up. The next day they phoned my mobile, but as I don't answer unknown calls (it was from 08450451530) I ignored. Went on to "whocalls me" web page and they appear to have a history of "harrassing" people so I wait to see if they continue to phone me.
    • gerryf
    • By gerryf 4th Mar 17, 5:25 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    gerryf
    Seems good but...
    Only good value with the £75 gift card incentive. £30 more expensive than cheapest quote on gocompare but much cheaper with the gift card, giving me home and contents for 20 quid. I don't think they'll be competitive next year. No problems with quote or website, nice and easy money saving exercise assuming that I get the gift card of course.
    • Imbobimbo
    • By Imbobimbo 6th Mar 17, 5:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Imbobimbo
    I've just this minute come off the phone having taken out a combined buildings and contents policy and they couldn't have been more helpful.
    I initially clicked the MSE link and filled out the online form which resulted in the quote being over £250 dearer than what we're currently paying. I was then called about two minutes later by the insurance co who informed me that as I'd not put a gap in my postcode or filled out the employment box properly - they didn't have relevant option - then a lot of under writers are missed out in the search. The lady pointed out that they're currently having changes made to the online form and very kindly went through all policy options and made relevant changes which then resulted in us now paying £20 less than our current policy. Plus, we get the £75 Amazon gift card which incidentally comes as an E voucher apparently, in 90 days time hopefully!
    All in all very pleased with the service so far. Oh, also worth opting for £0 voluntary excess as that only increased our policy by £12 as opposed to having to an extra £100 on top of the compulsory £150 should we make a claim.
    • Jon2408
    • By Jon2408 19th Mar 17, 6:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jon2408
    Link Does Not Work
    I have tried this link on Google Chrome and Firefox but it will not open ? with the message we have technical issues at the moment, please phone direct. I dont think you would get the voucher by phoning ?
    • curlytail
    • By curlytail 22nd Mar 17, 10:51 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    curlytail
    Initial quote was around £260 then read that need to put a gap in postcode so a requote of £199 (ridiculous that the software does not account for this). this is still twice the price of the well-known companies on the comparison sites even so not worth it for my daughters flat even with the Amazon voucher
    • formfailer
    • By formfailer 3rd Apr 17, 9:37 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    formfailer
    Got Home insurance cover with them on Sataurday as price was same ballpark as last years insurer.

However read the policy same night and realised that i had insured the rebuild for £227 not 227K!!!

When i rang to change this it doubled the price so I had to cancel.

Their website needs a 'are you sure?' prompt on this field as £227 only gets you about 500 bricks!
    • brizzie
    • By brizzie 22nd Apr 17, 3:46 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    brizzie
    Doesn't want to know me. I presume because I am 85m from a stream with a dribble of water in it, 3m below the house. Zero flood risk according to the Environment Agency. Not impressed. Plenty more fish in the stream.
    • ThePants999
    • By ThePants999 25th Apr 17, 4:00 PM
    • 578 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    ThePants999
    Doesn't want to know me. I presume because I am 85m from a stream with a dribble of water in it, 3m below the house. Zero flood risk according to the Environment Agency. Not impressed. Plenty more fish in the stream.
    Originally posted by brizzie
    Must have more than a dribble of water in it then!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,937Posts Today

5,660Users online

Martin's Twitter