MSE News: Train delay compensation shake-up is, er... delayed

Legacy_user
Legacy_user Posts: 0 Newbie
edited 6 April 2016 at 10:19AM in Public transport & cycling
Most passengers claiming compensation for train delays should now automatically be given a cheque instead of vouchers...
Read the full story:
'Train delay compensation shake-up is, er... delayed (but at least you'll get a cheque instead of vouchers)'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Train delay compensation changes DELAYED

I'm not a fan of the private train companies but this just has BR management written all over it.

DFT should just be outsourced - at the top and BR reintroduced, because its the same crap, different management different year on year on year, FARCE.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • Bollotom
    Bollotom Posts: 957 Forumite
    First Post
    Virgin Trains compensated me within a couple of days when my partner's train was delayed both ways a couple of months ago. Got £15 on a ticket cost of £35. BR management? Now that's an old organisation.
  • londoner62
    londoner62 Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know of an accurate website that lists delays to trains?

Many thanks,

Paul
  • joncombe
    joncombe Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    londoner62 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of an accurate website that lists delays to trains?

Many thanks,

Paul
    Your best bet is the National Rail live departure boards. See http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ldb.aspx but note that once the train has arrived at the station it will go off the display.

I don't think there is any site which lists historical delays to trains and the reason for this has been explained to me. This is to prevent people on flexible tickets valid on any train from going through the screens to find a train that is delayed enough they qualify for compensation then submitting a claim that they were on that train even when they were not.
  • joncombe
    joncombe Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Tried the new system when I was delayed for more than an hour on Virgin Trains. The Delay Repay part of their website now offers a drop down to select whether you want vouchers or a cheque. I opted for a cheque ... and they still sent me vouchers.

So I contacted them again and they have apologised, told me they will send me a cheque and that I can also keep and use the voucher they have already sent. A good result :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure