IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye v Beavis at the Supreme Court: What’s Happening This Week

Options

Comments

• atilla
    atilla Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Something just happened, but missed it.
    Seems the bench threw a curve ball and they've just called a short adjournment?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    A "brief rise" while they "rearrange themselves". :shocked:
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • henrik777
    henrik777 Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Beavis ended and the Makdessi crowd are moving to the front to finish.
  • Former_MSE_Helen
    Options
    Today is 48-year-old Barry Beavis from Billericay's final chance to persuade judges to rule his fine as excessive...
    Read the full story:

Motorist takes landmark parking challenge to the Supreme Court

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    MSE_Helen wrote: »
    Today is 48-year-old Barry Beavis from Billericay's final chance to persuade judges to rule his fine as excessive...
    Read the full story:

Motorist takes landmark parking challenge to the Supreme Court

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Oh dear, here we go again. We've been watching the whole case since 10.15 this morning!

No sh*t Sherlock!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are the MSE team trying to jump on the bandwagon here or are they just hijacking this thread?
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • mo786uk
    mo786uk Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Options
    Castle wrote: »
    But it doesn't deter non customers from parking there for 2 hours or less!

Perhaps, but fundamentally many land owners and customers would argue that without PPCs it would be a lot harder to go down to certain shops - that is the case in my town centre anyway.

---

I think the last question asked about cars taking up multiple spaces was with a general consideration of PPCs in general. The SC is likely to provide a flexible judgement to apply to all penalty clauses for all PPC not just thsoe that use ANPR like PE.

His point also was that just because you are slightly out of the white lien doesnt mean it is fair to hit you with an £85 fine.
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    mo786uk wrote: »
    Perhaps, but fundamentally many land owners and customers would argue that without PPCs it would be a lot harder to go down to certain shops - that is the case in my town centre anyway.

I'll say it again then, the landowners should be the ones funding the parking controls, not the genuine customers/mistaken recipients of tickets.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    And wait........................

October for a decision did someone say?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    The_Slithy_Tove Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And now we wait and see ...
    Court Adjourned.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income