The CAA "threat" to Jet2,Whizair and Air Lingus

Options
I thought it might be sensible to have a seperate thread following the CAA's announcement on 21st March.
If not important ideas and notes may get lost in the scattering of airline threads.
So far no publication from the CAA, as promised for today.
If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 March 2015 at 10:31AM
    Options
    Good idea JP - as I have said separately, it should be very illuminating to read this CAA document. I find it pretty incredible that the CAA apparently thinks Jet2 is the only British airline failing to respect Regulation 261/04. But then my expectations of the CAA couldn't be much lower, to be honest.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Good timing for this Fridays Ryanair appeal in Manchester.

It is strange how Ryanair haven't been tarnished with the same brush as Jet2, Wizzair and Air Lingus.

I don't know why they are separating the airlines in this way, it's certainly clear from this weeks Court case that Ryanair are trying in exactly the same way as Jet2 to write terms and conditions that fly in the face of EC261/04.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Former_MSE_Helen
    Options
    Aer Lingus, Jet2 and Wizz Air face legal action following a review of their practices by the UK's CAA ...
    Read the full story:

Airlines face legal action for wrongly rejecting flight delay compensation claims

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    111KAB wrote: »

So we can't copy the airlines replies to the questions in the individual airline threads? Because of copyright ?

© Civil Aviation Authority 2015
    All rights reserved. Copies of this publication may be reproduced for personal use, or for
    use within a company or organisation, but may not otherwise be reproduced for
    publication.
    To use or reference CAA publications for any other purpose, for example within training
    material for students, please contact the CAA for formal agreement.
    CAA House, 45-59 Kingsway, London WC2B 6TE
    https://www.caa.co.uk

:mad:
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it is on the internet, I cannot see how they can object to us quoting from it. However, whether we'd want to is another matter altogether.

In so far as I can tell on the basis of a quick reading, if the airline answered "yes" (literally - just the one word answer in many cases) to the CAA's enquiry about whether they are now paying out in accordance with the law, then that is sufficient to get the CAA's Clean Bill of Health! This doesn't strike me as an especially thorough process, to put it mildly!
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    If it is on the internet, I cannot see how they can object to us quoting from it. However, whether we'd want to is another matter altogether.

In so far as I can tell on the basis of a quick reading, if the airline answered "yes" (literally - just the one word answer in many cases) to the CAA's enquiry about whether they are now paying out in accordance with the law, then that is sufficient to get the CAA's Clean Bill of Health! This doesn't strike me as an especially thorough process, to put it mildly!

True but the answers from Jet2 are certainly not a quick yes and the confidential ones from Wizzair..

Ryanairs are interesting given that there is a court case in Manchester this Friday about the 2 year limitation, you don't think Ryanair have lied to the CAA do you ?:D

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its "tow the line" box ticking, be seen to be doing one thing "correctly", when really another is being done, or not.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Its "tow the line" box ticking, be seen to be doing one thing "correctly", when really another is being done, or not.

Yeah and even Jet2 can't just tick the right boxes :rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure