The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks Nuatha - I do hope this thread will see many 'old' friends as well as welcoming new ones
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Bigjenny
    Bigjenny Posts: 601
    First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    Thank you for the new thread Nuatha.
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • ArthriticOldThing
    ArthriticOldThing Posts: 534
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 5 March 2015 at 2:08PM
    Yes, thanks for the new thread Nuatha. Am looking forward to, as silvasava says, welcoming old friends and making new.
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
  • pondskater_2
    pondskater_2 Posts: 282 Forumite
    I am one of those lurkers that pops their head above the parapet and then sinks back down again, so I thought, maybe I would try really hard to actually say something now and again rather than reading and running. So here goes 'My name is Pondskater, is it ok if I join you?'
    Haters are gonna hate - you're not obliged to participate
  • nuatha
    nuatha Posts: 1,932 Forumite
    pondskater wrote: »
    I am one of those lurkers that pops their head above the parapet and then sinks back down again, so I thought, maybe I would try really hard to actually say something now and again rather than reading and running. So here goes 'My name is Pondskater, is it ok if I join you?'

I'm one of those who reads regularly and posts rarely (at least on previous versions of the Tough threads), however we needed a new thread and it was simple for me to do, hence its here.
    I would be very pleased to see anyone who wishes to join in do so, I'm aware that a lot of formerly regular posters no longer post and there's many a name I'd like to see return - because I enjoyed their posts. Equally I'd like to see new people join in because we each have a unique viewpoint and can add richness and diversity as well as help and support each other.

My name is Nuatha and I'll try to same something a bit more regularly than I used to :)
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    nuatha thank you for starting the new thread. I like the image it evokes - bunch of old ladies in pinnies and hair curlers, fags drooping from the corners of their mouths, leaning on the garden fence and saying " Ooh, I said! Then 'e turned round and said...."

I wish it to be known that I do not in any way fit that image! Does anyone else? :D
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Now that, Nargleblast, reminds of Les Dawson and makes me laugh in remembrance.
    I'm also one who posts irregularly but reads often. Will try to improve.
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
  • Nargleblast
    Forumite
    Les Dawson, an absolute star....And a very talented musician, obviously - you have to be a skilled musician to deliberately play a piano badly for laughs. Maybe some of his stuff would seem dated nowadays, but I can't think of many modern comedians that are as funny as he was. Showing my age, I suppose.
  • nuatha
    nuatha Posts: 1,932 Forumite
    nuatha thank you for starting the new thread. I like the image it evokes - bunch of old ladies in pinnies and hair curlers, fags drooping from the corners of their mouths, leaning on the garden fence and saying " Ooh, I said! Then 'e turned round and said...."

I wish it to be known that I do not in any way fit that image! Does anyone else? :D

Given that its 12 months since I stopped smoking, wear my hair in a pony tail, though I sometimes wear an apron (generally I remember far too late in the cooking process) and the other reason I don't fit the mental image is that I'm male.

(though I do have fond memories of Les Dawson, who did fit the image and was also male)
  • Nargleblast
    Forumite
    Talking of garden-related things, I have been using old four pint milk containers to grow seeds in. I sowed some radish seeds today, and already my parsley, thyme and chive containers have tiny green shoots in. Can't wait for late Spring when I can hang these containers outside! May sound a minor triumph, but I am usually the kiss of death to plants!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport