Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 10th Nov 14, 5:48 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    Feedback on Resolver.
    • 10th Nov 14, 5:48 PM
    Feedback on Resolver. 10th Nov 14 at 5:48 PM
    If you've used company Resolver to submit your flight delay/cancellation claim to an airline, please let us know your feedback on the company's service below.

Resolver has a free online flight delay compensation claim system that will guide you through the process and let you know when and how to escalate automatically.

Thanks.
Page 1
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 10th Nov 14, 5:52 PM
    • 4,671 Posts
    • 2,071 Thanks
    Vauban
    • 10th Nov 14, 5:52 PM
    • 10th Nov 14, 5:52 PM
    If you've used company Resolver to submit your flight delay/cancellation claim to an airline, please let us know your feedback on the company's service below.

Resolver has a free online flight delay compensation claim system that will guide you through the process and let you know when and how to escalate automatically.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by MSE Helen
    I have never heard of them! Is this an MSE endorsement?
    • richardw
    • By richardw 10th Nov 14, 8:37 PM
    • 18,090 Posts
    • 7,422 Thanks
    richardw
    • 10th Nov 14, 8:37 PM
    • 10th Nov 14, 8:37 PM
    From http://www.resolver.co.uk/news/cancelled-and-delayed-flights-your-compensation-rights they say

"If the airline rejects your issue, then you can send your case to the Civil Aviation Authority, which can assess your complaint and provide comment on whether or not the airline should pay out. Only then should you consider a claims management company."

So you use resolver, get excited about compensation to help pay January's post Christmas credit card bill, the airline fob you off, you go to the CAA, wait months for their 'enforcement' e mail, send this to the airline, airline fobs you off again, exasperated you go to a CMC and wonder why you just didn't read Vauban's guide in the first place.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • Scotia55
    • By Scotia55 12th Nov 14, 3:23 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Scotia55
    • 12th Nov 14, 3:23 PM
    • 12th Nov 14, 3:23 PM
    I used resolver yesterday to claim for a delayed flight from Manchester to Abu Dhabi. Received reply today saying we were owed EUR600. However, no email address to send requested banking information so it will have to be snail mail.
    • Grumpelstiltskin
    • By Grumpelstiltskin 12th Nov 14, 3:42 PM
    • 2,141 Posts
    • 2,147 Thanks
    Grumpelstiltskin
    • 12th Nov 14, 3:42 PM
    • 12th Nov 14, 3:42 PM
    I used resolver yesterday to claim for a delayed flight from Manchester to Abu Dhabi. Received reply today saying we were owed EUR600. However, no email address to send requested banking information so it will have to be snail mail.
    Originally posted by Scotia55

Well the fastest resolution ever.

Scotia It's impossible for the case to be resolved overnight, either you are working for Resolver and are trying to push them , or they are a scam, or you have misunderstood their reply.
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 12th Nov 14, 5:28 PM
    • 1,876 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    • 12th Nov 14, 5:28 PM
    • 12th Nov 14, 5:28 PM
    I have never heard of them! Is this an MSE endorsement?
    Originally posted by Vauban
    I've also never heard of them, FREE SERVICE - It doesn't feel right!

I'd say claim yourself, if you don't want the hassle then Bott & Co are the way to go, surely MSE owe them the recognition that is due in the Huzar case?

Perhaps MSE ought to think about endorsing the services of Bott & Co - they have proved beyond doubt, that they are more than capable of handling the EC261/2004 regs on behalf of passengers that will struggle with the legal process..

I have to say - I have never used the services of Bott & Co , and obviously I'm not connected to them in any way, but simply reading the forum posts tells their story..
    • Scotia55
    • By Scotia55 19th Nov 14, 4:01 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Scotia55
    • 19th Nov 14, 4:01 PM
    • 19th Nov 14, 4:01 PM
    Well the fastest resolution ever.

Scotia It's impossible for the case to be resolved overnight, either you are working for Resolver and are trying to push them , or they are a scam, or you have misunderstood their reply.
    Originally posted by Grumpelstiltskin

I did not say the case was resolved overnight. I simply stated they had responded to my email. I do not work for Resolver neither am I trying to push them. I did my research on this website and thought I would try it. I would also hope I can manage to read an email and understand what it says. If they are a scam I do not see what they can gain. It does not charge for it's service. Perhaps Resolver also misled Parliament where it was mentioned recently. It is also a member of Trading Standards.
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 19th Nov 14, 4:52 PM
    • 4,671 Posts
    • 2,071 Thanks
    Vauban
    • 19th Nov 14, 4:52 PM
    • 19th Nov 14, 4:52 PM
    I did not say the case was resolved overnight. I simply stated they had responded to my email.
    Thanks for coming back to us on this, but I am none the wiser about whether your claim has been settled or not. You said it took Revolver a day to confirm that you were owed €600 and that you had to write to them to provide your bank details for payment. I find this a bit odd to say the least (unless I have misunderstood) but let us know how you get on.
    • Scotia55
    • By Scotia55 26th Nov 14, 5:26 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Scotia55
    • 26th Nov 14, 5:26 PM
    • 26th Nov 14, 5:26 PM
    Thanks for coming back to us on this, but I am none the wiser about whether your claim has been settled or not. You said it took Revolver a day to confirm that you were owed €600 and that you had to write to them to provide your bank details for payment. I find this a bit odd to say the least (unless I have misunderstood) but let us know how you get on.
    This claim has not yet been settled but I did receive another email from a different person. I will leave it another few days and then chase it up. Not sure what it is you find odd. Can you elaborate please.
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 26th Nov 14, 5:38 PM
    • 4,671 Posts
    • 2,071 Thanks
    Vauban
    This claim has not yet been settled but I did receive another email from a different person. I will leave it another few days and then chase it up. Not sure what it is you find odd. Can you elaborate please.
    When you wrote:

"I used resolver yesterday to claim for a delayed flight from Manchester to Abu Dhabi. Received reply today saying we were owed EUR600. However, no email address to send requested banking information so it will have to be snail mail"
    this suggested to me (I don't think unreasonably!) that Revolver had confirmed you had a valid claim and were requesting your bank details in order to pay compensation. But from what you now say, I think I must have misunderstood you.
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 26th Nov 14, 6:09 PM
    • 3,628 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    111KAB
    If you misunderstood Vauban so did I. Anyone can say you are owed €600 - getting it is a slightly different matter.

There is a guy in Nigeria keeps sending me emails wanting my bank details as he says he owes me money - I haven't sent the details yet.
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 26th Nov 14, 6:17 PM
    • 1,876 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    There is a guy in Nigeria keeps sending me emails wanting my bank details as he says he owes me money - I haven't sent the details yet.
    Originally posted by 111KAB
    What are you waiting for?

I recently helped my dad sell his car in a popular auto 'seller' magazine. Needless to say, I went along with the Nigerian emails, and they even posted a cheque, postmarked in the UK, that had TWICE the full asking price, the potential buyer said that it was a mistake by his secretary and told me to deposit the cheque with my bank and send him a cheque for the excess amount, Jet2 just perhaps you could learn a thing or too! - Your customers are not stupid.

EDIT - for anybody not familiar with this type of scam - a fake cheque from a foreign bank will technically clear in the UK(funds available), before the Nigerian bank bounce it back! Your cheque for the cars value would be cashed before your bank inform you that the fake Nigerian cheque has bounced! - Your account would then be debited with the value of the fake cheque.
    Last edited by NoviceAngel; 26-11-2014 at 6:37 PM. Reason: additional info
  • Midas_touch
    Last month, I was travelling from London Heathrow to Bali, with a connection at Abu Dhabhi and Kuala Lumpur with Etihad Airlines. The flight from Heathrow was delayed an hour, which meant I missed my connection at Abu Dhabi, and subsequently my connection from KL. Although the flight was delayed by only an hour, it meant that I arrived in Bali 12 hours later than scheduled.
    I had written to Etihad via letter to explain the inconvenience that had been caused by the delay in my flight arrival in Bali. I had no reply for 4 weeks. I then stumbled across Resolver and thought to give it a go. Within 6 hours of sending my email via Resolver, I got an acknowledgement email from Etihad, and 2 days later I have received an email stating that although Etihad aren't able to give me any compensation ("EU261\2004 compensation would apply if a flight is delayed for 04 hours or more departing from an EU country"), they have offered me some airmiles. Not ideal, but still appreciated the quick response from the airline. I would definitely recommend using Resolver rather than snail mail.
    • Scotia55
    • By Scotia55 10th Dec 14, 1:01 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Scotia55

It was not resolver who emailed me. It was the airline. Resolver is simply a platform to contact the company with which you have an issue. I do not think it has anything to do with Nigerian scams either as posted on this thread. The details were sent to the airline at Manchester airport. Saying that I have not heard back from them so I think I will chase it up today and see what is happening.
    • Scotia55
    • By Scotia55 10th Dec 14, 1:04 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Scotia55
    If you misunderstood Vauban so did I. Anyone can say you are owed €600 - getting it is a slightly different matter.

Originally posted by 111KAB
    This has nothing whatsoever to do with Nigerians sending emails. The email was sent from the airline. I am aware that getting the money is an entirely different matter and if Resolver cannot settle this matter it does not preclude me pursuing other avenues.
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 10th Dec 14, 1:08 PM
    • 1,876 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    I do not think it has anything to do with Nigerian scams either as posted on this thread.
    Reading things back nobody suggested that Resolver had anything to do with a Nigerian scam, but good look with your claim with them.
  • stewb
    Resolver
    I used Resolver to lodge a complaint with Thomson re flight delays from 2011. It was easy to use, but email response from Thomson said it was wrong address and provided a separate email address to respond to. I then copied all the info into a new email to that address, not via resolver, and that email bounced back. I have now submitted a claim via an online form on the Thomson website.
    • Scotia55
    • By Scotia55 14th Dec 14, 7:43 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Scotia55
    Reading things back nobody suggested that Resolver had anything to do with a Nigerian scam, but good look with your claim with them.
    Originally posted by NoviceAngel

Thank you NoviceAngel. Received an email today saying they have processed 475 quid and I should have it in 7-21 days. I will keep an eye on the bank account with interest and will post here if and when I actually receive it. I found Resolver very easy to use and it keeps all your correspondence in one place. Bear in mind it is not just for flight delay compensation so if I have any issues in the future I would use this site. And again, no I do not work for Resolver or have any connection with it at all. I simply thought it is a good site and was worth a try.
    • Scotia55
    • By Scotia55 14th Dec 14, 7:47 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Scotia55
    I used Resolver to lodge a complaint with Thomson re flight delays from 2011. It was easy to use, but email response from Thomson said it was wrong address and provided a separate email address to respond to. I then copied all the info into a new email to that address, not via resolver, and that email bounced back. I have now submitted a claim via an online form on the Thomson website.
    Originally posted by stewb

Good luck with the online form for Thomson. I complained to them via their website back in June and after a couple of phone calls months ago heard nothing back from them. I have lodged a complaint via Resolver and received an automated reply from Thomson simply saying they had received it. Resolver has now escalated this case so will see what happens.
    • Scotia55
    • By Scotia55 26th Dec 14, 12:15 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Scotia55
    Just to let you know that we have received our delayed flight compensation from Etihad and have closed our file with Resolver. It certainly worked for us.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,918Posts Today

8,276Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin