MSE News: Mis-sold CPP card protection? Watch for a claim form in the post

"Card Protection Plan card insurance customers can start claiming compensation from mid-February, says the FCA..."
Read the full story:

Mis-sold CPP card protection? Watch for a claim form in the post

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• The letter I recieved from CPP tells me I bought a card protection policy through them, a bank or a card issuer; but I can find no reference to this in any of my records. How do I word a claim to CPP in this scenario since they have already told me I have a policy? I can't see anything in your guide relating to this.
    Many thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    just fill in the form giving reasons you think it was mis-sold.
  • All I am aware of is that I have rang on various occasions to 'activate' different credit/debit cards according to the sticker, but cannot remember being sold a policy as a result - Is it ok to just say that when ringing to activate I didn't realise that it was actioning a protection policy?
    Many thanks :-)
  • [Deleted User]
    Is it ok to just say that when ringing to activate I didn't realise that it was actioning a protection policy?
    No, you need to show that you didn't want or need such insurance. Look for valid reasons on the reverse of the form and, if any apply, then complain.
  • Two of the reasons given for possible mis-selling are related to what your bank or card issuer would have already covered you for, meaning you didn't need those particular aspects of the policy's benefits. Does this mean I need to go through my bank/card issuer benefits to check I didn't need the extra cover?
    Both of the main reasons given for mis-selling are reasons I would have wanted the cover, so if they were not accurate then I have been mis-sold. Can I write them both down if I feel I was mislead by both?
  • Cook_County
    Cook_County Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My father is now in the early stages of dementia so no longer remembers what he was sold, when or by which card. He has received the form. Can he claim?
  • vicky495
    vicky495 Posts: 6 Forumite
    I have been paying for CPP with HSBC since 2000. The new scheme will authorise claims and compensation since 2005. I read on this website that I can complain to the bank directly for the period before 2005 by sending a letter to them. Martin has kindly provide forms for it.

Should I wait until I get the money back from the scheme for the period 2005-2013 and then complain to HSBC for the period 2000-2005? Wouldn’t it be strange if in my complain letter to HSBC I write that I want compensation for the period 2000 -2005 since I had the policy from 2000 until 2013?

Could you help me please? I am a little bit confused of what I need to send to the bank regarding the earlier period.

Many thanks for your help.
  • [Deleted User]
    vicky495 wrote: »
    Should I wait until I get the money back from the scheme for the period 2005-2013 and then complain to HSBC for the period 2000-2005?
    There is absolutely no reason to wait.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection
  • Hello, I'm new here!
    I have received a letter/form from CPP which relates to Identity Protection Insurance - I thought this related to my Barclays Additions account/Bundles however, when I've looked at the paperwork for that, it is card protection that is included in the bundle, not identity fraud.
    I'm going to ring CPP tomorrow to see where the Identity Protection insurance came from but my question is, can I also claim for the Card Protection cover which was included with my bundles - it came as part and parcel of a pack, some of which I wanted such as RAC cover and insurance - I had no choice but to take it or I could not have had the other benefits but I never activated/registered it because I knew I didn't need it.

Could anyone help please?

Thanks

Safetychick
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills