Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Midnight Tboy
    • By Midnight Tboy 1st May 13, 9:59 PM
    • 389Posts
    • 76Thanks
    Midnight Tboy
    Talkmobile - cannot "View My Bill" - for cashback - blank page
    • 1st May 13, 9:59 PM
    Talkmobile - cannot "View My Bill" - for cashback - blank page 1st May 13 at 9:59 PM
    Hi all.

I have my first run of cashback due to be claimed this month with mobiles.co.uk for my talkmobile phones

I've been attempting to access the talkmobile account page to save as a PDF and pressing "View My Bill" it is popping up the box, but then I'm just getting nothing but a blank page on the blue background.

Are other people having this issue at the moment? I've tried it in IE10 and Chrome with the same issue, and on my laptop too to be sure it wasn't the pc itself
Page 1
  • Saint Andrew
    • 1st May 13, 10:03 PM
    • 1st May 13, 10:03 PM
    Have you tried Firefox? There's a built in PDF feature which works online - through your browser so you do not have to download the .pdf file.

Note*: Make sure to have flash and scripts enabled for this to work, or you will be asked to download the missing plugins.

View the image through the spoiler
    Spoiler (highlight below to view):

Failing that?

There's a number of open-source programs which can help. I use Foxit sometimes on my VPS: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

Save the .pdf file to your wished location (default Downloads folder) and right-click properties > change which program decodes the file. You can also use WordPad to decode the code into a normal .txt file.
    Last edited by Saint Andrew; 01-05-2013 at 10:14 PM.
    Save £2013 in 2013
    April Income: +£270 (-£190) | April Savings: +£80
    May Income: £0 (-£300) | May Savings: *£0
    Total Savings: £15/£2013

• Midnight Tboy
    • By Midnight Tboy 1st May 13, 10:49 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Midnight Tboy
    • 1st May 13, 10:49 PM
    • 1st May 13, 10:49 PM
    Hi.

Yeah I know how to save/print to pdf etc through various browsers (though I've moved away from Firefox in recent months)

The trouble is the website itself........attempting to View the bill, where you normally save, is just showing a blank page.....no bill info to print.....which was showing up fine in recent weeks when logging into the account section
    • lurkylurky
    • By lurkylurky 2nd May 13, 12:22 AM
    • 381 Posts
    • 260 Thanks
    lurkylurky
    • 2nd May 13, 12:22 AM
    • 2nd May 13, 12:22 AM
    I replied to a thread a few hour's ago where somebody else was having the same problem. I logged into OH's account with no problem. I used Safari.
  • ianlawn
    • 2nd May 13, 7:08 AM
    • 2nd May 13, 7:08 AM
    Im having same trouble. Seems like a glitch which will be sorted soon
    • Midnight Tboy
    • By Midnight Tboy 2nd May 13, 5:00 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Midnight Tboy
    • 2nd May 13, 5:00 PM
    • 2nd May 13, 5:00 PM
    Thanks.

Good to hear its not just me.

Haven't tried it yet today as just got in from work....but hopefully all is working now
    • Midnight Tboy
    • By Midnight Tboy 2nd May 13, 5:08 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Midnight Tboy
    • 2nd May 13, 5:08 PM
    • 2nd May 13, 5:08 PM
    nope.....its still broken
    • wakeupalarm
    • By wakeupalarm 2nd May 13, 5:26 PM
    • 666 Posts
    • 289 Thanks
    wakeupalarm
    • 2nd May 13, 5:26 PM
    • 2nd May 13, 5:26 PM
    I'm having the same problem in IE. Tried firefox but keep coming up with message

"This Connection is Untrusted"
    www.myaccount.talkmobile.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate.
    The certificate is only valid for www.mycarphonewarehouse.com
    (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)
  • spondon30
    • 2nd May 13, 7:48 PM
    • 2nd May 13, 7:48 PM
    Tried on Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer but all showing blue pop up screen when trying to print bill. Must be a glitch on their part.
  • ianlawn
    Is working fine now. Although it doesnt show address on bill which is needed for cashbck
    • Midnight Tboy
    • By Midnight Tboy 3rd May 13, 6:18 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Midnight Tboy
    you're right - shows up now - but likewise, with no address listed, just my name!!!

for flip's sake!!
    • Midnight Tboy
    • By Midnight Tboy 5th May 13, 6:45 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Midnight Tboy
    still no address or full names info showing up on the bills Wonder how long this is going to go on for!!
  • michaelwww
    I emailed them yesterday (via their 'Contact us' webpage) to complain, and they've already replied to say that they will send out a paper bill on this occasion. "This will be free of charge due to the current issues." How kind!
    • Midnight Tboy
    • By Midnight Tboy 10th May 13, 6:07 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Midnight Tboy
    yeah I had the same for both my numbers. I'll be keeping an eye on the bill tho to make sure they don't decide to charge it anyway

and more faffing about having to wait til get into work once they come and get them scanned in etc
    • imposter
    • By imposter 13th May 13, 10:15 PM
    • 727 Posts
    • 5,289 Thanks
    imposter
    This is infuriating. Carphone Wh*rehouse go and offer "improvements" to the online billing interface and proceed to leave out useful features that previously existed, like the ability to download bills complete with full name and address!

How NOT to do I.T.

I've submitted a copy of the online bill (without address) to mobiles.co.uk and will let you know what they say. Their contact page is currently down, so I can't ask them for a complimentary paper copy of my bill. GRRRRRR
    Last edited by imposter; 13-05-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    • Midnight Tboy
    • By Midnight Tboy 14th May 13, 3:36 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Midnight Tboy
    I've just logged in and tried again - the NEW bill for this month shows up fine, however the previous months bill (typically the ones needed for both my accounts) are still missing the address info. So it looks like historical bills are not going to be fixed.

Still waiting on my 'posted' statements that they were going to send out, but in meantime just thought sod it (as its on around day 35 out of the 60 day limit), and attached for cashback the pdfs of the online bills sent in and see what happens
  • michaelwww
    Finally got a paper bill
    I emailed them yesterday (via their 'Contact us' webpage) to complain, and they've already replied to say that they will send out a paper bill on this occasion. "This will be free of charge due to the current issues." How kind!
    Originally posted by michaelwww
    I finally received the paper bill today, and it shows the address and all other details required for a cashback claim.

Why not email as I did? Even if the staff member who responds doesn't send a paper bill for you, at least you have proof that you challenged them over the problem.

I've done cashback claims from CPW for years, and this problem doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't just send a bill without address, as you're giving them the excuse they want to bounce your claim.
  • ed104770
    I had the same problems when trying to view mine.
    Tried on pc at work and was at least able to print a hard copy to scan and send.
    My other issue was on mobiles.co.uk site under my account, when I checked my cashback schedule for bills to send it said that mine wasn't available for cashback at that point. So I checked a month or so later and it said the same.
    I should have been suspicious and known better.
    I found my original purchase details and found that I'd gone past my first claim of 6 months even though my account on site was telling me different.
    My own stupid fault - they do like to use any excuse!!
    My favourite of theirs, after I had sent them back their own emails about a previous disagreement, was that I had 'highlighted' their own contradictions in their email.
    Their reply (8 days later - standard) said unfortunately their system didn't allow them to see/read highlighted text !!
    They are a joke and will use any minor issue - real or fabricated - to not pay you your valid claim.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 19th May 13, 6:22 PM
    • 7,054 Posts
    • 2,148 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    As always, ignore everything but the t&c at the point of sale; subsequent emails/instructions AND on-linecharts are often wrong and the only thing that counts is what it said on the tin (i.e. at the point of sale).

As soon as any CPW clone fails to follow those take i mmediate action and they will stop playing games (at least on that particular claim). They can only get away with anything when you let them.
    • Midnight Tboy
    • By Midnight Tboy 19th May 13, 6:58 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Midnight Tboy
    yeah I always keep a copy and go by the original info from time I ordered.

I submitted the pdfs (with the missing info from the website) however many days ago now. Supposedly should receive a confirm or deny within 14 days from that time.

If all approved then great, if not then closer to time I'll have to scan and email the paper copies in (which were soaking wet and bit smudged in places thanks to the postman!!)

At least its not like old claims in the past...where if you fail a claim the first time round thats it.....can resubmit so long as within the 60days (I'm on around day 40 now....wish never left it so long before started chasing it up tho)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,356Posts Today

7,054Users online

Martin's Twitter