Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    this-is-it-then
    Land registry restriction
    • 24th Feb 13, 11:26 AM
    Land registry restriction 24th Feb 13 at 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

My husband's trustee in bankruptcy has applied for a restriction against our jointly owned property (only my husband is bankrupt).

It's my understanding that when a bankrupt person jointly owns property then the trustee can apply for a Form J but the paperwork we've received doesn't specifically state that a Form J has been applied for. Perhaps this is usual? I don't know but if it's called a Form J then why not state that it's a Form J?

Seems nothing is simple and so I'm wondering if anyone here can decipher the legal jargon and tell me if this is a Form J.

"The restriction sought

The applicant has applied for the following restriction to be entered in the register of your above title:

RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate, other than a disposition by the proprietor of any registered charge registered before the entry of this restriction, is to be registered without a certificate signed by the applicant for registration or their conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to (insert name) trustee in bankruptcy...."

Any help would be much appreciated.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

350Posts Today

1,284Users online

Martin's Twitter