Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • madnis7
    • 20th Feb 13, 1:05 PM
    • 20th Feb 13, 1:05 PM
    I'm not seeing the 6 month free trial here? I signed up using my facebook, when i go to subscription it wants me to add payment options.
    • jools0001
    • By jools0001 20th Feb 13, 1:20 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    jools0001
    • 20th Feb 13, 1:20 PM
    • 20th Feb 13, 1:20 PM
    Same here - I signed up a few hours ago and mine is showing ENDS IN 6 DAYS.
    • cooldaz
    • By cooldaz 20th Feb 13, 3:39 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    cooldaz
    • 20th Feb 13, 3:39 PM
    • 20th Feb 13, 3:39 PM
    Same here its asking me for my payment details. No sign of any free trial
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • mandoh
    • 20th Feb 13, 4:10 PM
    • 20th Feb 13, 4:10 PM
    Me too! No sign of free trial. 7 day or 6 months. Just asks for payment details...
  • Former MSE Becca
    • 20th Feb 13, 4:12 PM
    • 20th Feb 13, 4:12 PM
    Me too! No sign of free trial. 7 day or 6 months. Just asks for payment details...
    Originally posted by mandoh
    Thanks for your comments guys. I've just added this step-by-step process to the guide:

How to get this

You wonít see the offer on the site, but Rdio's confirmed in writing to us that itíll work for everyone. To get itÖ
    1. Go to the Rdio* site
    2. Put your name and email address in (or sign up via Facebook)
    3. Wait for a confirmation email
    4. Click through to the site from the confirmation email
    5. You'll have unlimited access for a week on a seven-day free trial
    6. When the seven days has ended, the six-month free trial will automatically kick in. Do note, this trial is only for PC and Macs, not mobile apps.
    At no point do you need put in any card/payment details anywhere to get the free trial, so when the trial ends, that's it, you won't be charged.

The six-month free trial is also available to Rdio users who have previously taken a seven-day trial. Just login to your account and the six-month trial will automatically begin.

I hope that helps,
    MSE Becca
  • adey
    • 20th Feb 13, 4:38 PM
    Rdio trail is 6 days not 6 months- don't be misled
    • 20th Feb 13, 4:38 PM
    Tried it myself on iphone but as soon as i clicked on the link it turned from 6 months to 6days!!! I then looked at the reviews in on the app store and saw a majority of people had left negative reviews due to being misled about trial period and when you take out full paid membership it doesnt appear to work!!
    Mse should update their site to avoid more people being let down by this
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 20th Feb 13, 5:39 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 3,552 Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    • 20th Feb 13, 5:39 PM
    • 20th Feb 13, 5:39 PM
    Tried it myself on iphone but as soon as i clicked on the link it turned from 6 months to 6days!!! I then looked at the reviews in on the app store and saw a majority of people had left negative reviews due to being misled about trial period and when you take out full paid membership it doesnt appear to work!!
    Mse should update their site to avoid more people being let down by this
    Originally posted by adey
    Hi Adey,

It's only the
    pc/mac trial that's 6 months, not the mobile app. We do mention in the guide, but will bold it to try to make it clearer.

Thanks
  • adey
    • 20th Feb 13, 6:37 PM
    • 20th Feb 13, 6:37 PM
    Hi Adey,

It's only the
    pc/mac trial that's 6 months, not the mobile app. We do mention in the guide, but will bold it to try to make it clearer.

Thanks
    Originally posted by MSE Jenny
    Thanks for the info Sorry i didnt notice it on mse site I will try it on pc! Before I try does anybody know if there is any way at all to prevent rdio from posting telling everyone you know on facebook what you're listening to?
    • laurynsausage
    • By laurynsausage 21st Feb 13, 12:35 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    laurynsausage
    Thanks for the info Sorry i didnt notice it on mse site I will try it on pc! Before I try does anybody know if there is any way at all to prevent rdio from posting telling everyone you know on facebook what you're listening to?
    Originally posted by adey

Hi

Under settings area (click the arrow next to your name in top right of screen)

Once in settings click on external tab and uncheck the Share the songs you play on Facebook box.

• GH
    • By GH 24th Feb 13, 1:38 PM
    • 362 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    GH
    Just signed up for this so I can use it on my Sonos music streaming system.The registration process was successful but when I sign in to Rdio on my Sonos controller computer says no. Rubbish.
  • SueCal
    Am now in the 'six month free trial' period and all I seem to be able to get is twenty five second snatches of all the songs! Not great....is anyone else having the same issue. Using it on an iPad. Thanks
    • wearside
    • By wearside 2nd Mar 13, 5:33 PM
    • 1,420 Posts
    • 883 Thanks
    wearside
    I am listening now to a long forgotten album. So far it's great but 'Crunch Time' comes next week when my weeks trial ends. Hopefully the next six month free will kick in. I just wish there was a way of saving the library I have created on to my Hard Drive.
    To Dare is To Do
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 3rd Mar 13, 1:02 PM
    • 26,972 Posts
    • 17,125 Thanks
    DCFC79
    I signed up for this but not via the link on here and wasn't asked for payment. Found it was OK and got full length songs, did get some songs that just wouldn't not sure why.

Just trying it now and its better.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 03-03-2013 at 1:18 PM.
    Je Suis Charlie
  • Former MSE Becca
    Am now in the 'six month free trial' period and all I seem to be able to get is twenty five second snatches of all the songs! Not great....is anyone else having the same issue. Using it on an iPad. Thanks
    Originally posted by SueCal
    Hi SueCal,

Thanks for your post. As the six-month free trial is only for using the service on PCs, this is why you're only getting snippets of songs when trying to use it on an iPad.

If you want to listen for free, you will have to use the service on your PC/Mac.

Hope that helps,

MSE Becca
    • Uplink
    • By Uplink 5th Mar 13, 2:06 AM
    • 224 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    Uplink
    How does it look like when the 6-month trial kicks in? My 7-day trial ended, and now my web browser on my non-Windows, non-Mac, Linux PC, which shouldn't make any difference really, says "You're out of free music until March 27, 2013. Subscribe now for unlimited music and get 14 days free."

Should the 6-month thing kick in instantly, or is there a delay? As a side note, a few tracks before I ran out rdio.com crashed a few times. It worked perfectly for the entire week prior.

Edit: my Virtualbox with my originally-French-but-now-Frenglish Windows XP (that I bought for 22 quid on eBay and has a genuine retail licence, package and hologram CD, not from the other thrift web site, The Pirate Bay) shows the same thing.
    Last edited by Uplink; 05-03-2013 at 2:18 AM.
  • PGM1909
    The free service only has a limited amount of hours of music available! I have used it extensively for about 10 days now and the amount of free music you are allowed has expired.

Need to wait until 27th March! Its a good service, shame about the limit on the music per month! Understandable though!
    • chambta
    • By chambta 6th Mar 13, 7:59 PM
    • 2,686 Posts
    • 994 Thanks
    chambta
    I enjoyed the first week especially, syncing stuff to my mobile easily and for free. It's less good without that and I'm fast running out of time.
    • PelicanP
    • By PelicanP 12th Mar 13, 3:24 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 393 Thanks
    PelicanP
    Ihave done it on my PC, had the 7 day trial and now it says no more free music till the 28th, is then when the free-trial kicks in?

Kinda sucks! I love Rdio
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

232Posts Today

1,300Users online

Martin's Twitter