Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    gothrockchic1
    The 5k challenge!!!
    • 21st Aug 12, 5:04 PM
    The 5k challenge!!! 21st Aug 12 at 5:04 PM
    I am Gothrockchic (aka GRC). I have moved over from the Debt Free diary board. I have been Debt Free for a month now. I moved to Edinburgh three months ago to find a Rock Band, so far so good and I have found a guitarist and hope to soon find a drummer and another guitarist.

So the goal is to save 5000 2000 will be spent on equipment we need good instruments, pedals and wires etc. 3000 will be spent on recording. I figured that it would be best to start saving whilst time is on our side. If it doesn't work out then I can spend the money on a personal project.

So the 5k challenge begins, I have 477 to start off with which is leftover savings after paying off all debts and using them for a deposit on a flat. I also have 82 in Amazon vouchers which we can buy equipment from Amazon too

So the main way is by my wages and any vouchers or extras I get.

Welcome to the challenge, anyone is welcome to join
    "The secret to getting ahead is getting started"
    Mark Twain
    Save 12K in 2014 no 147 4597.66/6000
    Save 12K in 2015 no 43. 1702.39/6000
    NSD Challenge 2014 55 NSD's Jan 13/15 Feb 10/15 March 10/10 April 9/12 May 7/12
    No Buying Toiletries 2015
Page 5
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

582Posts Today

4,533Users online

Martin's Twitter