IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
The Compers Inn Part 39
Closed Thread
Views: 180,194
# 2881
Dreams777
Old 09-12-2012, 8:33 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Just finished doing today's Advent comps - 20 pages. No instant wins today. Live in hope I receive a wem.
Got some of The Times Comp done today. Only 1 yesterday.
fire**fly will have a piece of your chocolate cake. Had a rub on your Buddha's belly hope it brings me luck. If I can manage it I will try and put my Buddha on, I am really hopeless at putting pictures on.
Katie good luck on your recent wins. Glad to hear of all your Xmas activities. It's good to have plenty of social events to attend too.
Sheils you are doing well in December with your wins. We all seem to have won something this month.
I see some of you have a very busy Sunday entertaining family, shopping and comping that's my Sunday as well.
Here's hoping we all have a very lucky week this week and win loads of prizes.

Dreams 777 Be Lucky

June win: Weight Watchers Cook Book Age Defy Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dreams777 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2882
fire**fly
Old 09-12-2012, 9:13 PM
Mega Magnificent Maxi-Meticulous Uber-MoneySaving Magnate

hiya dreams hope buddah brings you some luck
can someone who's seen your buddah post it on here for us all,
i remember you asking the other day if anyone would like to
i don't know where/what you've posted it on or i would try for you to get it on here x
Smiling is contagious you catch it like the flu 。◕‿◕。
when someone smiled at me today i started smiling too, i passed around the corner & someone saw my grin & when he smiled i realized i'd passed it on to him, so, if you feel a smile begin don't leave it undetected, let's start an epidemic quick & get the world infected.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fire**fly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2883
lomaxsylvia
Old 09-12-2012, 9:16 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

B.Sue, got a bit mixed up there didn't I? Glad you got the cage, very sensible, you can always stick it on Ebay when you have finished with it, they are very popular. Still I reckon you will have your monies worth out of it.

Glad you are having a good time Katie, take care.

Sounds like you had a really hard day at work Becks.

Not long now until the RESULTS
BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lomaxsylvia For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2884
fire**fly
Old 09-12-2012, 9:33 PM

i was right james won it

ooh will have half a pint of beer sylv thank you
when someone smiled at me today i started smiling too, i passed around the corner & someone saw my grin & when he smiled i realized i'd passed it on to him, so, if you feel a smile begin don't leave it undetected, let's start an epidemic quick & get the world infected.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fire**fly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2885
wingobins
Old 09-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

This is Dreams Buddha Fire**fly hope its lucky for you all xx

Sylvia, sorry I didn't come back on here after my last post but thanks for the offer. I spoke to niece and she's gonna come and show me what to do it's good thinking though about it being Xmas period and posting will be difficult.

My jasper is in the dog house too, I think he's piddled against the Xmas tree in dining room as it was all wet near it! He doesn't normally wee in the house anymore!
Bet you can't wait for Findlay Sue! That was his name wasn't it?

I'm so annoyed with hubby and son, they were fighting to get the iPad and it fell on the floor cracking the side and some of the screen it will probably split right across but I don't know how to stop it

So glad James won, I remember him busking in town. I hope Ella gets a contract though. Can't believe Chris Maloney spat his dummy out! (actually ...I can believe it! )
wingo's wins....IPad Air! Kindle! Fanimal!

A compers work is never done!
Luv n' luck to everyone!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wingobins For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2886
fire**fly
Old 09-12-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingobins View Post
This is Dreams Buddha Fire**fly hope its lucky for you all xx

Sylvia, sorry I didn't come back on here after my last post but thanks for the offer. I spoke to niece and she's gonna come and show me what to do it's good thinking though about it being Xmas period and posting will be difficult.

My jasper is in the dog house too, I think he's piddled against the Xmas tree in dining room as it was all wet near it! He doesn't normally wee in the house anymore!
Bet you can't wait for Findlay Sue! That was his name wasn't it?

I'm so annoyed with hubby and son, they were fighting to get the iPad and it fell on the floor cracking the side and some of the screen it will probably split right across but I don't know how to stop it

So glad James won, I remember him busking in town. I hope Ella gets a contract though. Can't believe Chris Maloney spat his dummy out! (actually ...I can believe it! )

thank you wingo & thank you dreams, what a great buddah fabby

jasper, hubby & ds in the dog house with you

am glad xfactors finished now
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fire**fly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2887
wingobins
Old 09-12-2012, 10:42 PM

Yeah I'm glad it's finished too, before you know it Brits got talent will be on!

Wanted to wrap presents tomorrow but it looks like DD will be off school again.
Hope there's some Times winners this week from here

Luv n' luck to everyone!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wingobins For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2888
Barnabysue
Old 09-12-2012, 10:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to Barnabysue

Almost Wingo, there's no 'D' it's Finlay, I expect it will be shortened to Finn. Right, DH is home from work so I'm off to bed.

Here's hoping for some nice wins in the Inn this week, night all.
Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Barnabysue For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2889
StokieBecks
Old 09-12-2012, 11:01 PM

Doubt it will be me Wingo think i only did three each day

Glad james won just for his Adele cover alone yesterday.

Dreams Buddah worked for me... She posted t on my fb wall then next day I won my Amazon voucher so thanks hun here's hoping he continues to bring the luck
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to StokieBecks For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2890
wingobins
Old 09-12-2012, 11:04 PM

I remembered as Colin Cooper's (ex boro player) late son was called Findlay cooper. He died tragically bless him xx
I'm sure the lovely pup will bring you lots of joy

I've just realised I haven't ironed kids uniforms! (oops!) best go do them now! That's cos DD was at party today or they would be done!

Luv n' luck to everyone!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wingobins For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2891
StokieBecks
Old 09-12-2012, 11:22 PM

Awwww bet you can't wait for Finlay to be at yours. Hope Cooper takes well to him

Well I have to say folks I am well and truly broody broody broody. Think with this christmas being my first as a married woman i am feeling it even more that I want the magical christmas' back when there are young kids about.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to StokieBecks For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2892
wingobins
Old 10-12-2012, 12:28 AM

Maybe 2013 will be your year Becks I had hold of a newborn today and was feeling a tad broody too! At 42 though, I'm far too old! when I asked Amelia if she wanted a bro or sis she just gave me a dirty look! (I guess that's a no then!)

Luv n' luck to everyone!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wingobins For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2893
sheils6
Old 10-12-2012, 6:35 AM

Morning,

I'm up early today trying to get loads of comps done in my free internet time as gigs really going up this month - can't think why!
Going to have a busy day with shopping etc too so glad I woke up early.
Had to laugh at Jasper and your tree wingo. It must be confusing for dogs having a tree in the house. We have got all our decorations up now. DH & DD seem to work better together putting them up than DH & I used to do.
We don't have any small kids in our family now Becks, after so many years of having loads as my 2 sissters and I all had "second" families. My youngest sister has a grandson but he lives down South with his mum so she won't see him anyway. Hope you have a little one for next Xmas!
Wishing everyone lots of luck for today - remember the Stella Beauty Comp is still on.
SYL

sheils x
July Wins ; - Book Bundle Crime Novel Bottle Boost Pringles Downloads

Last edited by sheils6; 10-12-2012 at 6:41 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sheils6 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2894
lomaxsylvia
Old 10-12-2012, 7:38 AM

Been up a while as have to get the granddaughter off to school, after calling her 3 times she has actually just got in the shower. That's teenagers for you, now it will be half an hour in the mirror.

Thanks for the lucky Budda Dreams

Wingo hope your DD is better today. Thats good you are getting some help with Ebay, you will be fine once you get the hang of it but probably best left until after the Christmas rush don't you think. Seems the Jasper has disgraced himself too.

Hope you are all OK today

SYL
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lomaxsylvia For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2895
I luv cats
Old 10-12-2012, 7:51 AM

My has gone back to sleep!! Poor woken up too early!!!

Did B'sue win the FB Russell Hobbs or was it somebody of the same name?

I need to share around some of my chocolates (share the guilt!)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to I luv cats For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2896
StokieBecks
Old 10-12-2012, 8:04 AM

Morning all hope everyone is well. Know most people hate mondays but i quite like the thought that places are back in work and therefore I am more likely to get a win

Sorry folks I know i shouldn't laugh but your naughty dog tales did make me chuckle. Poor dogs

Wishing everyone a lucky day
# 2897
lomaxsylvia
Old 10-12-2012, 9:13 AM

Hi Becks Never thought about Monday's like that - clever thinking. Hope you have a good day at work.

Thanks for the chocs iluvcats
# 2898
Barnabysue
Old 10-12-2012, 9:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to Barnabysue

Morning all

Another week of manic anticipation, hope some luck visits the Inn.

It was me that won with Russell Hobbs ILC, I had the email the next day, really pleased with that one.

Very cold here today and the wind is getting stronger, next door's wheelie bin has just taken a tumble.

I like Mondays too Becks, come on postie
Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Barnabysue For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2899
LadyMorticia
Old 10-12-2012, 9:38 AM

Is it just me or are there not many new competitions being posted this morning? Normally I look and loads have been posted in either the early hours of the morning or at around 7-8am but there have been about 3. =/
Your life is a book and the story's just beginning

FireflyDoctorWhoDollhouseBatmanHarleyQuinnDCcomicsMarvel
HomelandTheWalkingDeadBuffyAngelLOTRHarryPotterStargate
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LadyMorticia For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2900
fire**fly
Old 10-12-2012, 9:48 AM

all

lovely morning here sun's shining though very cold

big thanks sheils

oooh lovely thanks ILC will have some chocs later

have a great & lucky day all SYL xx
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fire**fly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread