Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 88
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Dec 12, 4:21 PM
    • 41,920 Posts
    • 139,069 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope the cake was good Blodwen!

Great loss wizkid
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs**

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now.
  • mich_city
    well done on the losses all.. fab!
    so far today..
    B: rocky road hifi (b) banana, yoghurt
    L: jacket spud, LF cheddar (a) with mixed salad
    T: takeaway.. chicken / green pepper in black bean sauce, boiled rice, 1 prawn toast.. mixed fruit with yoghurt on top

syns: 1 prawn toast 3.5, chicken in blackbean 5.. i'm presuming the boiled rice is free?

will have the other hifi bar later with a coffee

I've been on the lookout for maple syrup for my porridge but not having any luck.. have tried morrisons and sainsburys so far!
  • LittleLisa3000
    well done!

Hi LittleLisa,

I usually have cereal, branflakes or 2 Weetabix (b) with a chopped banana

also, porridge (b) - made with water or 1/2 with milk from (a) then add some frozen blueberries in, they cool it down as they thaw and give a bit of sweetness

mullerlight yoghurt (or similar) with different fruits

am with you on the eggs.. if time to cook I sometimes have..

bacon on toast.. 2 small slices wholemeal (b), use tom sauce instead of butter (1 syn) or Philadelphia (a) can add tomato or mushrooms to that, grilled or a spray of frylight and done in pan

cheese on toast for a late brekkie, bread again (b) and cheese from (a)

beans on toast (b)

odd occasion full brekkie, bacon, sausage (Tesco healthy Living Cumberland 1 syn) mushrooms, toms, egg
    Originally posted by mich_city
    Brilliant.............have lots of ideas for this week. mmmmm porridge with blueberries sounds good! do you make that from scratch of could i use one of the packets already measured out?
  • mich_city
    Brilliant.............have lots of ideas for this week. mmmmm porridge with blueberries sounds good! do you make that from scratch of could i use one of the packets already measured out?
    Originally posted by LittleLisa3000
    these all he (b) on EE

1 x 30g sachet dorset cereals fruity porridge cranberry + raspberry flavour

1 x 30g sachet dorset cereals fruity porridge apple + raisin fruity flavour + 1 ryvita

1 x 30g sachet dorset cereals simply porridge

25g sachet quaker paw ridge original porridge oats + 1 ryvita

30g scott's so easy original + 1 ryvita

27g sachet oatso simple, plain + 1 ryvita

35g porridge oats (unflavoured)

you can have them as syns of course.. different for the various brands and flavours
    Last edited by mich_city; 07-12-2012 at 10:04 PM.
  • SwipernoSwiping
    Well Done everyone. To LOSE anything is astounding. To stay "on plan" is amazing at this time of year.
    You should be extra chuffed. It shows real commitment to carve out a better lifestyle.

It was our groups christmas do last night, have been looking forward to it for 2 months but littlest was up all night on thursday - we think it was the central heating so I was tired. Then Hubby was made redundant yesterday. Then told he could reapply for a lesser paid role - we think this the firms attempt to get everyone on the new contract rules "Terminate without cause." It's hard not to take it personal as I know a lot of people are facing a jobless Christmas, but with him being a foreigner, it's easy for them to line him up as first out. *sigh*
    ANYHO!
    Meal wasn't anything more than a frozen -re-heated pub job, with ill mannered staff. Ruined the night. Came home early. Then realised it was my round. I feel like a cheapskate. *sigh* (for effect and all )
    The entire week has been off plan as per doctor, I hope to maintain now with a gain over christmas to lose after.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Dec 12, 1:58 PM
    • 41,920 Posts
    • 139,069 Thanks
    beanielou
    shellie~sorry your night out was a let down.
    Sorry to hear about your hubby too.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
  • wizkid1
    My losses
    Thanks everyone for your good wishes on the losses.
    I am keeping to EE All this week.

Can I count fruits as SF the same as SF veg ?

I am not a big veg eater but I love fruit.
  • DanielleNic87
    I haven't been on the thread for a few weeks but still on the SW wagon. In 10 weeks i have lost 1 stone 3.

Today at class we were told SW are changing a few things and that oat so simple will no longer be a HEB. Has anyone else heard that? Really annoying as i have stocked up on loads of these

Debt at 2012 = 19052.43
    Debt at July 2015= 12429.53

Weight lost with Slimming World= 39.5lbs
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Dec 12, 9:16 PM
    • 41,920 Posts
    • 139,069 Thanks
    beanielou
    I haven't been on the thread for a few weeks but still on the SW wagon. In 10 weeks i have lost 1 stone 3.

Today at class we were told SW are changing a few things and that oat so simple will no longer be a HEB. Has anyone else heard that? Really annoying as i have stocked up on loads of these
    Originally posted by DanielleNic87
    If you are still loosing weight I wouldent worry about it too much.

• mich_city

Originally posted by wizkid1
    make some SW chips or wedges and have them with meals perhaps?

Originally posted by DanielleNic87
    not heard about the oat so.. it isn't in our books but I saw it online as a he (b) so have been using that myself.. will ask next time in group!.. well done btw, that's great for 10 weeks in!

today has been:
    B: porridge he (a+b)
    L: hifi peanut bar, banana (was out)
    T: lamb steak, mixed salad, SW chips, LF coleslaw.. yoghurt, nectarine, plum
    syns: hifi 6, coleslaw 2.5 (I think) highlights hot choc 2
    Last edited by mich_city; 08-12-2012 at 10:22 PM.
  • SwipernoSwiping
    shellie~sorry your night out was a let down.
    Sorry to hear about your hubby too.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    LOL Beanie, thanks. You don't need to apologise for other peoples moronities ( not sure thats a word, but I am making it one now.

Originally posted by wizkid1
    A lot of "non-veg" fans at group started blending veg and adding it to passata. Broc, Carrots, basil 1 beef oxo = beefy soup. Follow it with fruit for your SF. after a few weeks of things like that they found that they ate more veg styles of SF.

Good luck for surviving the day. WE are off to various christmas things...mulled wine and mince pies everywhere!
  • mich_city
    was shocked to find out in group that mince pies have 12 syns!! can think of better ways to use that amount on
  • lushlifesaver
    Ah so I have written off the first half of this week, from tomorrow I will be going on a push to still see a loss (even just a small one) this week.

Today:
    B/L: small tin of spaghetti hoops, banana, cup of tea with milk from HeA
    T: chicken dinner - grilled chicken, small yorkshire 3 syns, gravy 1syn, mixed veg and maybe a couple of very small roasties 2 syns

So 6 syns
    HeB will probably be bran flakes before bed
    HeA is my usual milk

Tomorrow will be mostly free stuff, actually I may make a choice for tea which will be entirely free in which case syns will be hot choc before bed.
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
  • maman

A lot of "non-veg" fans at group started blending veg and adding it to passata. Broc, Carrots, basil 1 beef oxo = beefy soup. Follow it with fruit for your SF. after a few weeks of things like that they found that they ate more veg styles of SF.
    Originally posted by shellieholly
    Someone will probably say that blended stuff doesn't count to your SF as it's lost it's fibre (a bit like fruit smoothies)

make some SW chips or wedges and have them with meals perhaps?
    Originally posted by mich_city
    So you mean have something lke SW chips and egg and make up the SF with fruit. That would work. Another alternative is to have some Green days instead then you can have extra HEXs.

If you are still losing weight I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    There were various changes last year when the new books came out too. If I'm honest I've just stuck to my old book and what I'd learned. One thing I did do was go back to WM bread. I used to have WW Brown Danish as you could have 3 slices but that changed. Sometimes it's down to manufacturers coming up with new 'improved' recipes. What I'd do is go on eating the OSS and chalk it up as something that could be tweaked if your weightloss stalled and you wanted to be extra strict with yourself.

I've been more or less sticking to plan. I'm not feeling 100% so haven't much of an appetite so I think eating less is probably compensating for the few 'naughties' I've had.

Sorry to hear about your DH shellie and the horrid meal. It's always a risk eating out at this time of the year. Your DH's company is allowed to reorganise to save money but not to choose him for redundancy because he's foreign. I do hope they're being fair and honest.
  • mich_city
    Someone will probably say that blended stuff doesn't count to your SF as it's lost it's fibre (a bit like fruit smoothies)
    Originally posted by maman
    I wondered if it was the same for veg as fruit.. in theory you'd think so but looking on various threads regarding if soups etc made with sf's should be synned i'm finding its ok to have them blended!

lazy day today, had a lie in!

B/L: bacon and philly on toast he (a+b)
    few plums and nectarine mid afternoon
    T: spag bol, (ex lean mince, added.. onion, mushroom, peppers, toms, passata, stock cube, lazy chilli and garlic).. yoghurt, banana
    syns: peanut hifi 6 dunked in a mini choc phiily pot 4.5 yummy!
  • bethesda
    hi can i join in please? ive just started going to group ive got a bit to lose and i will be doing mostly ee but with a few green days thrown in.
  • travellinglight
    Keeping going
    Back again. After 9 weeks have lost 1st 4.5lbs. Had been away for a week visiting my DD so was enjoying a few treats.... And still lost 2lbs coz I really tried to have good breakfast and lunch then relax for evening. ...had hoped to lose 2 st by Xmas.... May not quite make it but am so happy this plan works and even with slip ups and nights off you can get back on track and lose weight!
  • lushlifesaver
    welcome bethesda

Feeling much more positive today despite being struck down with a cold yet again! My immune system must be absolutely shot at the moment

Breakfast: Bran flakes (HeB) with milk (from HeA) and a cuppa
    Lunch: Jacket potato and tuna and a little light mayo (2syns) OR a tin of spaghetti (free) whichever it is it will be followed by a couple of pieces of fruit
    Tea: bf wants cottage pie so I'm tempted to make his the usual way but then make mine just veg with a little gravy (2syns) and the usual mash topping. Not really feeling like meat today plus I'm trying to stay light on syns and including the meat would make it 8syns :O In fact I'm tempted to get some cheap foil dishes and make a second 'normal' one to stash in the freezer so there's no waste

Off in to town so that's a good hour or two of walking to add to my body magic, should get my gold award in a week or two, and I will be picking up some fruit and veg.

Actually thinking on it, has anyone tried Quorn mince in dishes like spag bol or cottage pie? I've only ever used their chicken style pieces but if I'm right the mince is free(?) so I could use that to keep syns low in a few meals...
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
  • psychopathbabble
    Re the fruit/veg thing apparently it's something to do with the way they breakdown when blended.... fruit has lots of natural sugar and becomes synned.

After being totally off the wagon since Friday evening, I can't wait to eat lots of fruit and stuff today. I also need to WI wednesday morning as I can't get to any of the evening groups this week. Need 1.5 to club 10 but I'm hoping to just STS at least.

Good luck to all weighing in today x
    Getting married in January 2016 trying to buy a house at the same time!

Proud to be a member of Mike's Mob Lil' sis of SB, Poo and Matymoo
    OU: BSc Hons Open 2:1
  • TakeItEazy
    Welcome to all the newbies and well done to all the losers. Huge hugs to all in need but gentle ones for me please. Have got an inflamed sciatic nerve and have had since last saturday so am blaming it for my 1lb gain this week as been popping pain killers and eating rubbish to compensate for the pain . Got so bad yesterday and last night that I'm off work today as working with 4/5 yr olds is agony. To much bending and low furniture has finished me off. I was daft enough to struggle in last week with no appreciation so am being kind to myself and taking the time to get better. I am determined to make the word 'mug' disappear from my forehead
    Hope everyone still has their mojo and is keeping the faith
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

177Posts Today

1,631Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin