Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Health & Beauty MoneySaving > Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier... (Page 88)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World
Views: 76,464
# 1741
beanielou
Old 07-12-2012, 4:21 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Hope the cake was good Blodwen!

Great loss wizkid
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 3 stone 3 lbs**

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
Make it count!!
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beanielou For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1742
mich_city
Old 07-12-2012, 7:47 PM

well done on the losses all.. fab!
so far today..
B: rocky road hifi (b) banana, yoghurt
L: jacket spud, LF cheddar (a) with mixed salad
T: takeaway.. chicken / green pepper in black bean sauce, boiled rice, 1 prawn toast.. mixed fruit with yoghurt on top

syns: 1 prawn toast 3.5, chicken in blackbean 5.. i'm presuming the boiled rice is free?

will have the other hifi bar later with a coffee

I've been on the lookout for maple syrup for my porridge but not having any luck.. have tried morrisons and sainsburys so far!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mich_city For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1743
LittleLisa3000
Old 07-12-2012, 8:24 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich_city View Post
well done!

Hi LittleLisa,

I usually have cereal, branflakes or 2 Weetabix (b) with a chopped banana

also, porridge (b) - made with water or 1/2 with milk from (a) then add some frozen blueberries in, they cool it down as they thaw and give a bit of sweetness

mullerlight yoghurt (or similar) with different fruits

am with you on the eggs.. if time to cook I sometimes have..

bacon on toast.. 2 small slices wholemeal (b), use tom sauce instead of butter (1 syn) or Philadelphia (a) can add tomato or mushrooms to that, grilled or a spray of frylight and done in pan

cheese on toast for a late brekkie, bread again (b) and cheese from (a)

beans on toast (b)

odd occasion full brekkie, bacon, sausage (Tesco healthy Living Cumberland 1 syn) mushrooms, toms, egg
Brilliant.............have lots of ideas for this week. mmmmm porridge with blueberries sounds good! do you make that from scratch of could i use one of the packets already measured out?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LittleLisa3000 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1744
mich_city
Old 07-12-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLisa3000 View Post
Brilliant.............have lots of ideas for this week. mmmmm porridge with blueberries sounds good! do you make that from scratch of could i use one of the packets already measured out?
these all he (b) on EE

1 x 30g sachet dorset cereals fruity porridge cranberry + raspberry flavour

1 x 30g sachet dorset cereals fruity porridge apple + raisin fruity flavour + 1 ryvita

1 x 30g sachet dorset cereals simply porridge

25g sachet quaker paw ridge original porridge oats + 1 ryvita

30g scott's so easy original + 1 ryvita

27g sachet oatso simple, plain + 1 ryvita

35g porridge oats (unflavoured)

you can have them as syns of course.. different for the various brands and flavours

Last edited by mich_city; 07-12-2012 at 10:04 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mich_city For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1745
SwipernoSwiping
Old 08-12-2012, 10:38 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Well Done everyone. To LOSE anything is astounding. To stay "on plan" is amazing at this time of year.
You should be extra chuffed. It shows real commitment to carve out a better lifestyle.

It was our groups christmas do last night, have been looking forward to it for 2 months but littlest was up all night on thursday - we think it was the central heating so I was tired. Then Hubby was made redundant yesterday. Then told he could reapply for a lesser paid role - we think this the firms attempt to get everyone on the new contract rules "Terminate without cause." It's hard not to take it personal as I know a lot of people are facing a jobless Christmas, but with him being a foreigner, it's easy for them to line him up as first out. *sigh*
ANYHO!
Meal wasn't anything more than a frozen -re-heated pub job, with ill mannered staff. Ruined the night. Came home early. Then realised it was my round. I feel like a cheapskate. *sigh* (for effect and all )
The entire week has been off plan as per doctor, I hope to maintain now with a gain over christmas to lose after.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SwipernoSwiping For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1746
beanielou
Old 08-12-2012, 1:58 PM

shellie~sorry your night out was a let down.
Sorry to hear about your hubby too.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
Make it count!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beanielou For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1747
wizkid1
Old 08-12-2012, 7:02 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default My losses

Thanks everyone for your good wishes on the losses.
I am keeping to EE All this week.

Can I count fruits as SF the same as SF veg ?

I am not a big veg eater but I love fruit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wizkid1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1748
DanielleNic87
Old 08-12-2012, 9:08 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I haven't been on the thread for a few weeks but still on the SW wagon. In 10 weeks i have lost 1 stone 3.

Today at class we were told SW are changing a few things and that oat so simple will no longer be a HEB. Has anyone else heard that? Really annoying as i have stocked up on loads of these
1 debt V 100 days= 63.32/300
GC 2014= 759.01/1200
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DanielleNic87 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1749
beanielou
Old 08-12-2012, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNic87 View Post
I haven't been on the thread for a few weeks but still on the SW wagon. In 10 weeks i have lost 1 stone 3.

Today at class we were told SW are changing a few things and that oat so simple will no longer be a HEB. Has anyone else heard that? Really annoying as i have stocked up on loads of these
If you are still loosing weight I wouldent worry about it too much.

Make it count!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beanielou For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1750
mich_city
Old 08-12-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizkid1 View Post

make some SW chips or wedges and have them with meals perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNic87 View Post

not heard about the oat so.. it isn't in our books but I saw it online as a he (b) so have been using that myself.. will ask next time in group!.. well done btw, that's great for 10 weeks in!

today has been:
B: porridge he (a+b)
L: hifi peanut bar, banana (was out)
T: lamb steak, mixed salad, SW chips, LF coleslaw.. yoghurt, nectarine, plum
syns: hifi 6, coleslaw 2.5 (I think) highlights hot choc 2

Last edited by mich_city; 08-12-2012 at 10:22 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mich_city For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1751
SwipernoSwiping
Old 09-12-2012, 8:43 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanielou View Post
shellie~sorry your night out was a let down.
Sorry to hear about your hubby too.
LOL Beanie, thanks. You don't need to apologise for other peoples moronities ( not sure thats a word, but I am making it one now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizkid1 View Post

A lot of "non-veg" fans at group started blending veg and adding it to passata. Broc, Carrots, basil 1 beef oxo = beefy soup. Follow it with fruit for your SF. after a few weeks of things like that they found that they ate more veg styles of SF.

Good luck for surviving the day. WE are off to various christmas things...mulled wine and mince pies everywhere!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SwipernoSwiping For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1752
mich_city
Old 09-12-2012, 11:59 AM

was shocked to find out in group that mince pies have 12 syns!! can think of better ways to use that amount on
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mich_city For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1753
lushlifesaver
Old 09-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Ah so I have written off the first half of this week, from tomorrow I will be going on a push to still see a loss (even just a small one) this week.

Today:
B/L: small tin of spaghetti hoops, banana, cup of tea with milk from HeA
T: chicken dinner - grilled chicken, small yorkshire 3 syns, gravy 1syn, mixed veg and maybe a couple of very small roasties 2 syns

So 6 syns
HeB will probably be bran flakes before bed
HeA is my usual milk

Tomorrow will be mostly free stuff, actually I may make a choice for tea which will be entirely free in which case syns will be hot choc before bed.
Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
Baby weight be gone: 13lb down

July GC; total in week three: 68.97/75.00 (25 per week)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lushlifesaver For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1754
maman
Old 09-12-2012, 4:33 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieholly View Post

A lot of "non-veg" fans at group started blending veg and adding it to passata. Broc, Carrots, basil 1 beef oxo = beefy soup. Follow it with fruit for your SF. after a few weeks of things like that they found that they ate more veg styles of SF.
Someone will probably say that blended stuff doesn't count to your SF as it's lost it's fibre (a bit like fruit smoothies)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich_city View Post
make some SW chips or wedges and have them with meals perhaps?
So you mean have something lke SW chips and egg and make up the SF with fruit. That would work. Another alternative is to have some Green days instead then you can have extra HEXs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanielou View Post
If you are still losing weight I wouldn't worry about it too much.
There were various changes last year when the new books came out too. If I'm honest I've just stuck to my old book and what I'd learned. One thing I did do was go back to WM bread. I used to have WW Brown Danish as you could have 3 slices but that changed. Sometimes it's down to manufacturers coming up with new 'improved' recipes. What I'd do is go on eating the OSS and chalk it up as something that could be tweaked if your weightloss stalled and you wanted to be extra strict with yourself.

I've been more or less sticking to plan. I'm not feeling 100% so haven't much of an appetite so I think eating less is probably compensating for the few 'naughties' I've had.

Sorry to hear about your DH shellie and the horrid meal. It's always a risk eating out at this time of the year. Your DH's company is allowed to reorganise to save money but not to choose him for redundancy because he's foreign. I do hope they're being fair and honest.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maman For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1755
mich_city
Old 09-12-2012, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman View Post
Someone will probably say that blended stuff doesn't count to your SF as it's lost it's fibre (a bit like fruit smoothies)
I wondered if it was the same for veg as fruit.. in theory you'd think so but looking on various threads regarding if soups etc made with sf's should be synned i'm finding its ok to have them blended!

lazy day today, had a lie in!

B/L: bacon and philly on toast he (a+b)
few plums and nectarine mid afternoon
T: spag bol, (ex lean mince, added.. onion, mushroom, peppers, toms, passata, stock cube, lazy chilli and garlic).. yoghurt, banana
syns: peanut hifi 6 dunked in a mini choc phiily pot 4.5 yummy!
The Following User Says Thank You to mich_city For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1756
bethesda
Old 09-12-2012, 10:13 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

hi can i join in please? ive just started going to group ive got a bit to lose and i will be doing mostly ee but with a few green days thrown in.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bethesda For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1757
travellinglight
Old 09-12-2012, 10:23 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Keeping going

Back again. After 9 weeks have lost 1st 4.5lbs. Had been away for a week visiting my DD so was enjoying a few treats.... And still lost 2lbs coz I really tried to have good breakfast and lunch then relax for evening. ...had hoped to lose 2 st by Xmas.... May not quite make it but am so happy this plan works and even with slip ups and nights off you can get back on track and lose weight!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travellinglight For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1758
lushlifesaver
Old 10-12-2012, 8:13 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

welcome bethesda

Feeling much more positive today despite being struck down with a cold yet again! My immune system must be absolutely shot at the moment

Breakfast: Bran flakes (HeB) with milk (from HeA) and a cuppa
Lunch: Jacket potato and tuna and a little light mayo (2syns) OR a tin of spaghetti (free) whichever it is it will be followed by a couple of pieces of fruit
Tea: bf wants cottage pie so I'm tempted to make his the usual way but then make mine just veg with a little gravy (2syns) and the usual mash topping. Not really feeling like meat today plus I'm trying to stay light on syns and including the meat would make it 8syns :O In fact I'm tempted to get some cheap foil dishes and make a second 'normal' one to stash in the freezer so there's no waste

Off in to town so that's a good hour or two of walking to add to my body magic, should get my gold award in a week or two, and I will be picking up some fruit and veg.

Actually thinking on it, has anyone tried Quorn mince in dishes like spag bol or cottage pie? I've only ever used their chicken style pieces but if I'm right the mince is free(?) so I could use that to keep syns low in a few meals...
Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
Baby weight be gone: 13lb down

July GC; total in week three: 68.97/75.00 (25 per week)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lushlifesaver For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1759
psychopathbabble
Old 10-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Re the fruit/veg thing apparently it's something to do with the way they breakdown when blended.... fruit has lots of natural sugar and becomes synned.

After being totally off the wagon since Friday evening, I can't wait to eat lots of fruit and stuff today. I also need to WI wednesday morning as I can't get to any of the evening groups this week. Need 1.5 to club 10 but I'm hoping to just STS at least.

Good luck to all weighing in today x
Too horrified to update my signature...

Proud to be a member of Mike's Mob Lil' sis of SB, Poo and Matymoo
OU: BSc Hons Open
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathbabble For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1760
TakeItEazy
Old 10-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Welcome to all the newbies and well done to all the losers. Huge hugs to all in need but gentle ones for me please. Have got an inflamed sciatic nerve and have had since last saturday so am blaming it for my 1lb gain this week as been popping pain killers and eating rubbish to compensate for the pain . Got so bad yesterday and last night that I'm off work today as working with 4/5 yr olds is agony. To much bending and low furniture has finished me off. I was daft enough to struggle in last week with no appreciation so am being kind to myself and taking the time to get better. I am determined to make the word 'mug' disappear from my forehead
Hope everyone still has their mojo and is keeping the faith
Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results

Heartbroken 12.12.13
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TakeItEazy For This Useful Post: Show me >>