Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Advice on jsa and houseing and council tax benefit
    • #1
    • 9th Dec 12, 9:19 PM
    Advice on jsa and houseing and council tax benefit 9th Dec 12 at 9:19 PM
    My partner moved in with me 4 weeks ago so on the day he moved in I informed tax credits, houseing and council tax benefit and my income support. My partner also informed his jsa claim so all the claims have been cancelled and we was told to claim as a joint claim

    I am a sham mom to three kids and I claim dla for my son and I also get ca for him

    My partner move into my council house but he has a property that is up for sale which is near enough in negative equity

    So we filled in a joint claim for jsa which has come bk that we are not entitled to this because apparently we have savings over 16 thousand and they worked that out from my partners earning from 2007-2008

    I have also had a letter stating I am not eligible for housing benefit due to my partner moving in

    The tax credits can't tell me when my joint claim will be processed I am having to live in my cb, and not due payments from dla or ca yet

    I don't know where to turn to now as what am I supposed to live on and pay my bills

    I'm looking for advice on who I cud see about this as my last is payment was beginning of November

    Thank you in advance
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,024Posts Today

6,585Users online

Martin's Twitter