Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Budgeting & Bank Accounts > Can't afford to keep up with my reducing overdraf... (Page 2)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Can't afford to keep up with my reducing overdraft.
Views: 2,210
# 21
Hooloovoo
Old 08-12-2012, 4:16 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel_ View Post
A return bus far is £5-6 so If I get a few of those a week (when it's too cold my legs don't wana move) I don't like staying indoors with the oldies all the time so head to the library when possible Also every few weekends I'll use it to watch local football match so I'm probably spending about £12 week on average.
Sorry to be blunt but that's just utterly ridiculous.

You can not afford that. You might like to get out of the house but you simply can't afford it.

The only possible justification for someone on JSA spending that much on travel is if they are going to interviews or training courses.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 22
Hooloovoo
Old 08-12-2012, 4:17 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
My right ankle has collapsed inwards on itself so my foot is flat and I get foot/knee/back pain even though I'm very slim so the thought of walking in 0 degrees for 12 miles everyday is not realistic for me. Basically I just can't be bothered to do it everytime.
If you can't walk, and you can't afford to pay for travel, then you can't go out.

Quote:
Yes I would rather default on the account.
Fine. I'll leave the thread then since obviously you don't really want or need any help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hooloovoo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 23
simeyb
Old 09-12-2012, 3:09 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

To be honest I'm not sure why you've bothered to come onto this forum, ask for peoples advice, which they've kindly given, then come up with the phrase that's the trouble with this country "I can't be bothered". My 17 year old daughter is at college, has had a part time job since she was 15, works each weekend to save for what she wants etc - whats your excuse mate? Sounds like you want to stop relying on your parents (or oldies as you so disrespectfully call then), get off your !!!, get a job (and sorry if its not commensurate with what you think you are so worthy of what with having a degree), stop whining and pay back the money you owe. Sorry to be harsh, but your attitude stinks.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to simeyb For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 24
Hooloovoo
Old 09-12-2012, 4:34 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeyb View Post
To be honest I'm not sure why you've bothered to come onto this forum, ask for peoples advice, which they've kindly given, then come up with the phrase that's the trouble with this country "I can't be bothered". My 17 year old daughter is at college, has had a part time job since she was 15, works each weekend to save for what she wants etc - whats your excuse mate? Sounds like you want to stop relying on your parents (or oldies as you so disrespectfully call then), get off your !!!, get a job (and sorry if its not commensurate with what you think you are so worthy of what with having a degree), stop whining and pay back the money you owe. Sorry to be harsh, but your attitude stinks.
Well said.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hooloovoo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 25
Samuel_
Old 09-12-2012, 8:31 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeyb View Post
Try walking on a collapsed ankle. I bet you're fat and have never walked 10 miles in your life. I know I'm gonna be rich as hell when I'm older so I'm just relaxing a bit now.
# 26
innovate
Old 09-12-2012, 9:32 PM
PPR
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
I bet you're fat and have never walked 10 miles in your life.
Funny how some posters always resort to personal abuse when they run out of good arguments.
The Following User Says Thank You to innovate For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 27
ffacoffipawb
Old 09-12-2012, 9:38 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovate View Post
Funny how some posters always resort to personal abuse when they run out of good arguments.
Yes, but that poster never even started with a good argument in the first place.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ffacoffipawb For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 28
Hooloovoo
Old 09-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
I know I'm gonna be rich as hell when I'm older so I'm just relaxing a bit now.
# 29
pmduk
Old 09-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Let's not waste our time, I think he's a fool, but you can't help someone who won't help themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to pmduk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 30
Hooloovoo
Old 09-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmduk View Post
Let's not waste our time, I think he's a fool, but you can't help someone who won't help themselves.
Absolutely.

Didn't get the grades to get in to Uni through the standard route. Didn't realise he had to pay his rent. Doesn't even know how to default on an account and asks how to do it! Steals his sister's car and crashes it ... the list just goes on.

Oh yes, he's definitely going to be rich as hell when he's older.

He should go on the apprentice. He's clearly the businessman AMS has been looking for all these years.

Last edited by Hooloovoo; 09-12-2012 at 10:56 PM.
# 31
Hominu
Old 09-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooloovoo View Post
Didn't get the grades to get in to Uni through the standard route. Didn't realise he had to pay his rent. Doesn't even know how to default on an account and asks how to do it! Steals his sister's car and crashes it ... the list just goes on.
Thats probably because his parents have always paid everything for him. Heck, they even paid for his first year at Uni up-front.

The only chance he's got at getting rich is his parents leaving him a couple of million in their will. Then he'll blow it, go overdrawn, and then come back to complain how the banks are so evil.
# 32
fiesta04
Old 09-12-2012, 11:52 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmduk View Post
Troll for sure. You really should read more of his/her posts, haven't laughed so much in ages.

F4
# 33
pmduk
Old 10-12-2012, 8:48 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I think you've got it spot on. I'm usually hesitant about calling people a troll, but I may just break my habit.
# 34
sweetilemon
Old 10-12-2012, 8:30 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

On the main mse page there is a bit about people on JSA getting free public transport. Can u cut your phone bill down or are you tied in? The best option would be to try again to negotiate a lower interest with your bank.
# 35
thatsean
Old 10-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Try walking on a collapsed ankle. I bet you're fat and have never walked 10 miles in your life. I know I'm gonna be rich as hell when I'm older so I'm just relaxing a bit now.
Cretin.

I hope this is a troll thread, if not... *gives up*
# 36
sweetilemon
Old 11-12-2012, 7:42 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hadnt read page 2 when I posted...oh well.
# 37
Samuel_
Old 19-12-2012, 12:10 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolavix View Post
I wouldn't walk 12 miles to save £3, that's just ridiculous!

It is a bit of a catch 22 situation to be honest, I would seriously struggle to live on £55 a week. One ways found to save money was to always use notes for everything then all my change goes into a pot which I change up every month or so. Unfortunately most banks won't help until you start to default, as you've now found out. Good luck!
Have I actually started to default though? Does going over the arranged overdraft limit and having the reducing overdraft limit frozen all for one month have an effect on my credit limit?

Last edited by Samuel_; 19-12-2012 at 12:12 PM.
# 38
grumbler
Old 19-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Do you mean an effect on your credit rating?
We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
.definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
should have, NOT should of
.....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed