IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Kitchensuber
Views: 73,700
# 61
Fruit and Nut Case
Old 21-09-2012, 3:35 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Hi to gail76 and john445. Welcome to MSE
Two posts about half an hour apart. Cynics might suspect that you are two shills for the company. Surely no-one would stoop so low.
Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 62
Katya79
Old 01-10-2012, 4:44 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi All,

Feel utterly miserable reading all these reviews. As with everyone else, we have had a terrible experience with these people. Wrong units, bad design, magic corner missing, other units just missing.... All just terrible.

Every time we ring they put us on hold for hours and then cut us off. We have rung numerous times and it is impossible to speak to anyone other than the switchboard person. The company is listed under several names - the two above being the most common - but each telephone number gets you to the same switchboard. They also don't answer emails.

Previous to my making a complaint, I had no troubles at all getting through to them, it's only since I asked for the goods to be sent or refunded that they have started ignoring us/cutting us off/putting us on hold for hours at an end. Totally unethical company.

BEWARE!!!
# 63
melaniejane3
Old 16-10-2012, 10:10 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default interior design of Rossendale

After reading such terrible reviews we are cancelling our order and will be getting our kitchen from Wickes, we'll count our losses and quit while we're ahead.
# 64
Madsparky
Old 18-10-2012, 1:29 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs up Home Interiors of Rossendale

I felt I had to post on MSE after my recent dealings with this firm.
We ordered replacement kitchen cabinet doors,drawer fronts,worktops and a new larder unit after seeing an advert in Metro. Their rep came and measured up,showed us samples and gave us a price. We paid a £100 deposit .
After she left I did a little internet research and was gutted when I saw all the bad reports on MSE about their service. We fully expected to be messed around and disappointed.
But speak as you find. The delivery arrived last Monday morning. The driver allowed us to fully check everything before paying the balance. Everything was in perfect condition and just as we ordered. We are happy with our kitchen and saved a bundle on B and Q prices.
Whether we were just lucky I don't know but there seem to be a number of positive posts on here who seem surprised at the negative stuff others have written.As Are we.
It makes you wonder if the bad reports are just fake posts placed by rivals like the kind of thing that goes on on Tripadvisor etc.

I must specify that we dealt with HOME INTERIORS OF ROSSENDALE. Don't know if they operate as kitchens Uber or any other name. I can assure you all that I am not linked or biased to the company in any way. Just telling it like it is.

Last edited by Madsparky; 19-10-2012 at 2:53 PM. Reason: Additional thought
The Following User Says Thank You to Madsparky For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 65
kinder
Old 22-10-2012, 5:24 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Report to advertising company

If you have been the victim of kitchen über or interiors of rossendale or any other kitchen company that requires a £100 deposit before placing an order then report them to the place you saw the advert. All of theses have a process that means generally 3 complaints or more and adverts have to be pulled. If we can stop the adverts then hopefully stop the sales
# 66
kinder
Old 22-10-2012, 5:35 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Interiors of rossendale

This company is so unethical, inaccurate planning, damaged goods, substandard casscasses, left on hold at my cost for hours, incorrect items delivered and will not except return or refund items charged for that are not required.

PLEASE REPORT TO THE COMPANY THAT ADVERTISED ON THEIR BEHALF. STOP THE ADVERTS AND PROTECT OTHERS FROM THIS AWFUL COMPANY.
# 67
kinder
Old 22-10-2012, 5:38 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Report to guardian

If you saw this advert in the guardian report them to stop the ads from being run. Try and cut them off at the source.
# 68
frundle
Old 27-10-2012, 12:02 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default UBER Kitchens DON'T touch them.

Ordered online what a mug. It arrived and the fitters what a couple of chancers they were, arived 2 weeks later. I now have a half finished, unmatching coloured kitchen. The larder units are miles out of line the connices were fitted then they fitted decor end panels so the cornices are all short. Colours are not the same. The sink leaks but has been well glued. A retired chippie friend said it will be quite difficult to put right without refitting everything and buying more cornices. So far they have not been back.
My advice DON'T touch them. Total bodgers.
# 69
masterpdogg
Old 12-11-2012, 8:19 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

We just bought a kitchen from Kitchens Uber and we might have been lucky but we had no problems at all. We decided on Kitchens Uber because it was cheaper than anything else we could find and as far as I'm concerned our kitchen is far better than I'd expected. We didn't have any missing parts and everything worked perfectly but all our dealings with the company were completely fine too.
# 70
HelenLC
Old 13-11-2012, 3:59 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Angry Interior Home Designs of Rossendale have vanished

This company appear to have vanished - taking half my kitchen and my money with them. I've been calling and emailing these people repeatedly over the past month since some of my kitchen was delivered. I adapted to spending and hour and a half on hold to get through and then being cut off, they ignored emails. Now their numbers are unobtainable. I've sent another email but have the horrible sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

If anyone finds another number for them please let me know.
# 71
jumpinjimflash
Old 18-11-2012, 10:35 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

We had a great experience with this company after seeing them on Google - we got a cheap and cheerful kitchen at a knock-down price, and everything arrived exactly when they said it would. They let us inspect all of the pieces to make sure that it was all perfect and it only cost us about £1900 in total with the £100 up front deposit.

I'd read a few of these comments but their kitchens were so much less expensive than everyone else's so I decided to go ahead and buy one and I'm glad I did. They do sell great kitchens at low prices and there was no problems with their service at all, not even any missing parts.
The Following User Says Thank You to jumpinjimflash For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 72
PDC
Old 19-11-2012, 9:54 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

We keep getting spam from these people, they either list solidwoodkitchen or cheapestkitchensintheworld both .co.uk and with either 01512 032 895 or 0161 669 4780 as the phone number.

We are getting dozens of emails a week from them and they don't reply to requests to stop, sorry to hear of everyone else's troubles with them.
# 73
consumeradvocate
Old 21-11-2012, 5:20 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

When all the other kitchens I could find online cost upwards of £3,500, the one I got off Kitchens Uber was only £1,495, and it looks fantastic. I can't speak for all the other posters but I can't say anything bad about this company. Saving a few grand on a new kitchen ain't something to be sniffed at - I could use all the money I saved to fund a pretty nice holiday for my family. No scratches, no missing hinges, it was all perfect and it looks just lovely.
The Following User Says Thank You to consumeradvocate For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 74
buffyjoinery
Old 09-12-2012, 8:57 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default uberkitchens / interior home designs of rossendale

Attention !!!!
Uber kitchens / interior home design of rossendale are one and the same they also trade under several other names so beware they are total scammers , do not believe the hype that they say or any postings that say that they are a good company that sells quality kitchens , those postings are false !!! I am a fully qualified joiner and have my city and guilds with over 30 years experience , so i know what i am talking about , i have been unlucky enough to experience the pathetic quality of the kitchens supplied by these so called companies , i have fitted a couple of these kitchens for people that dont have lots of money that thought they were getting a bargin but were hoodwinked by the false promises made by these companies , and were left to spend atleast a thousand pound each to try and sort out the part and poor quality kitchen that was deliverd , dont call them as they put you on hold for hours and every minute your on hold generates them more cash at your expense , call trading standards instead and make a report to the taxman ! Any company that only trades in cash is guaranteed to be scammers after your hard earnd cash and dose not tell the taxman anything so come on lets hit these companies in the pocket via the taxman , they sell quality failed units mismatching doors and drawer fronts and colours of different shades, hinges and door handles are of very very poor quality as is the fixings and materials used to build the carcases and wall units , they dont even send enough fixings , they only part deliver your order with the promise of a next day delivery of the rest of your order which never comes so you have to call them back then get put on hold that generates them money at your expense , they will not call back or sort out your order that you have paid for as by that time they will have had your cash , , trust me stay well away , do with out and save up and get a real company with a shop or office that is in your area to fit your kitchen , that way if you have a problem it wouldnt be to hard to get hold of them and never pay cash any company that insists on cash is fake company out to screw you for every penny they can get
# 75
buffyjoinery
Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default uberkitchens / interior home design of rossendale

Another thing that I forgot to say was they don't sell shaker kitchens , its a poor quality fake that they supply , so you have been warnd , and why dose all the positive feeds sound like a sales pitch ??? Mmm think about it , don't be fooled.
# 76
Simone Nelson
Old 18-12-2012, 8:39 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Simone Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenLC View Post
This company appear to have vanished - taking half my kitchen and my money with them. I've been calling and emailing these people repeatedly over the past month since some of my kitchen was delivered. I adapted to spending and hour and a half on hold to get through and then being cut off, they ignored emails. Now their numbers are unobtainable. I've sent another email but have the horrible sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

If anyone finds another number for them please let me know.
We are missing 4 doors still. Here is the number I have been using successfully - i.e.the number works - but whether you get any help subsequently????? 0161 694 785. They tell me that there are 9 of them in the 'call centre' but they are not in the same building as the 'despatch' dept. They appear to do everything on paper since that is the excuse for the long wait on the phone - the paperwork has to be found. They also say Martin Sersen never takes telephone calls.

The guy who delivered our doors and took the cash requested on delivery said we would get a receipt sent by the office, but of course that has not been forthcoming.
# 77
ArchieFergus
Old 27-12-2012, 11:40 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Solid Wood Kitchens/Interior Home Designs of Rossendale

Why will Trading Standards not take action against these people? I have had the same experience as most others on this thread. One major unit was not delivered with the others. I was told it would follow later that day in a larger van. Nothing turned up. We were then told that it was out of stock and would be sent a week later. No sign of it and it is impossible to get through to anyone. Even if they are not crooked this is the worst customer service I have ever encountered.
# 78
Regimental103
Old 04-01-2013, 3:01 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Interior Home Designs of Rossendale

BEWARE Don't touch this company with a barge pole!!

At the end of October 2012 we saw an ad in the local paper for kitchens. The rep came round and gave us a good price (approx £1,000) for supply of kitchen to a house for which we are landlords. Our joiner fitted the kitchen and then we went on holiday. Incidentally our joiner was very uncomplimentary about the quality of the kitchen. On our return the tenant infomed us that the oven element had burned out. The kitchen company picked up the oven and took it away to diagnose the fault. After many many phone calls and hanging on the end of a phone line for up to an hour, approx 3 months later we are still waiting for the return of the repaired oven. Also, our tenant informed us that 3 of the burners on the gas hob did not work and the knobs were loose. Needless to say our tenant is not very happy and we have had to compensate them and buy another oven and hob from another supplier and have them fitted at more additional expense. What was originally a 'cheap' kitchen has ended up costing double what it originally cost us. Believe me and not not some of the other 'satisfied' customers on this site.
# 79
Regimental103
Old 07-01-2013, 9:57 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Interior Home Designs of Rossendale

The saga continues!

Received a phone call promising to deliver the repaired oven on Saturday. What a surprise noone turned up. What a shower!!
# 80
jonnyblaze85
Old 12-01-2013, 4:34 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs up Not had a problem a*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by consumeradvocate View Post
When all the other kitchens I could find online cost upwards of £3,500, the one I got off Kitchens Uber was only £1,495, and it looks fantastic. I can't speak for all the other posters but I can't say anything bad about this company. Saving a few grand on a new kitchen ain't something to be sniffed at - I could use all the money I saved to fund a pretty nice holiday for my family. No scratches, no missing hinges, it was all perfect and it looks just lovely.
I got a kitchen from this company before Christmas - money was tight as you can imagine and I desperately needed something for next to nothing that could be installed and looking great within a fortnight. Without fail, they stuck to their word and provided me with a hard to believe quote for 11 complete floor and wall units with a 3m length of their new Sparkley effect laminate worktop. I would have preferred the units to come already assembled but beggers can't be choosers.

I didn't use their recommended fitters as I had a little extra cash from my budget so used a local company. The quality of the carcasses was of high standard, the worktop looks excellent (and was so cheap) and I am super impressed.