IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

  • Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

    Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

  • No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
newbie help me!
Reply
Views: 1,566
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
# 1
pantherchick
Old 22-08-2012, 3:12 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: the midlands
Posts: 384
Default newbie help me!

Hi guys,
Yes im new to all this and i really need some help, i need to raise some money in the next 10 weeks, by either selling, earning and other ways of making some money, please guide and advise me just where to start and what to sell on ebay etc, awaiting your advice.
pantherchick
pantherchick is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
McKneff
Old 22-08-2012, 3:21 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: north yorkshire
Posts: 31,694
Default

You can only sell what you've got on ebay. We have no idea what you've got, so can't help much there.

Car boot sales are up and running now so you could try them.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
McKneff is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 3
sarahcmo
Old 22-08-2012, 4:26 PM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 76
Default

How about cutting coupons and vouchers this site has so many links to them also try supersavvyme they always have some. You can do pamper evenings for your friends and charge them even a fiver will help towards your goal. What about talking to your friends and saying i will cook a dinner party but its like a restaurant and they have to pay , its always great fun and you get some cash back as well .
sorting through what you have and what you need , everything left over from the need pile can be auctioned, ebay has quite a few charges have a look at ebid.net they dont charge which is helpful there a few free sites around but not sure what they are .
have a good read through the threads they always have tons of ideas for saving money .. Good luck
sarahcmo is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 4
gothrockchic1
Old 23-08-2012, 9:55 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockin' Edinburgh!
Posts: 1,589
Default

Hi Pantherchick try the Up your Income board there's lots of ideas on there. Also lots of ideas on the Superscrimper show. Try selling gold, clothes, books etc. Good Luck!!
"The secret to getting ahead is getting started"
Mark Twain
Save 12K in 2014 no 147 2385.36/6000
Make 5 a day challenge June 57.02/150 July 231.83/155 August 31.89/155
August NSD Challenge 7/10 - 3 days in a row!
gothrockchic1 is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 5
pantherchick
Old 23-08-2012, 11:54 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: the midlands
Posts: 384
Smile got to start some where,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahcmo View Post
How about cutting coupons and vouchers this site has so many links to them also try supersavvyme they always have some. You can do pamper evenings for your friends and charge them even a fiver will help towards your goal. What about talking to your friends and saying i will cook a dinner party but its like a restaurant and they have to pay , its always great fun and you get some cash back as well .
sorting through what you have and what you need , everything left over from the need pile can be auctioned, ebay has quite a few charges have a look at ebid.net they dont charge which is helpful there a few free sites around but not sure what they are .
have a good read through the threads they always have tons of ideas for saving money .. Good luck
Hi thanks for reply, yes i gotta start somewhere and after all, we are all trying to save money in the long run, i never thought of the 1pennies before but when all of a sudden your life changes, saving the small pennies all add up, coupons etc, i need to pay off a few debts that ive been paying over the last two years, that are near completion, good on me for setting up the payment plans, but this last month my life changed, job wise and low pay and hardly any hours. so i need to tighten the belt, and learn to cover my debt and still be thrifty. all ideas accepted. with thanks x
pantherchick is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 6
pantherchick
Old 24-08-2012, 12:33 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: the midlands
Posts: 384
Default anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKneff View Post
You can only sell what you've got on ebay. We have no idea what you've got, so can't help much there.

Car boot sales are up and running now so you could try them.

Hi i did say id sell my unwanted items on ebay, but i also said i would be pre paired to earn too. i want to be more thrifty pay some debts off that i have been doing, but hopefully pay off faster, im going away soon and want to raise some cash to pay for a nice birthday for my husband. many thanks for the reply
pantherchick is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 7
JoeMcDonald
Old 24-08-2012, 7:39 PM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Default

You know there are lots of ways to make money online, think affiliate marketing! moneymakerdiscussion is a pretty cool site if your into that kind of stuff. You can also make money buying and reselling stuff on ebay. However, if you out to make a quick buck then I suggest doing surveys or offers.
JoeMcDonald is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeMcDonald For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
pantherchick
Old 25-08-2012, 12:09 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: the midlands
Posts: 384
Default sitting at a laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcDonald View Post
You know there are lots of ways to make money online, think affiliate marketing! moneymakerdiscussion is a pretty cool site if your into that kind of stuff. You can also make money buying and reselling stuff on ebay. However, if you out to make a quick buck then I suggest doing surveys or offers.
Hi there, thanks for the kind words. im not sure if i can do the answer questions etc for cash, it sounds along drawn out process. ive been going through some peoples ideas and selling alot of unwanted things is a first must, cash pot. crunching my spending etc, will keep on thinking of new ideas. many thanks for support x
pantherchick is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 9
khiller1988
Old 29-08-2012, 2:42 PM
MoneySaving Convert
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherchick View Post


Hi there, thanks for the kind words. im not sure if i can do the answer questions etc for cash, it sounds along drawn out process. ive been going through some peoples ideas and selling alot of unwanted things is a first must, cash pot. crunching my spending etc, will keep on thinking of new ideas. many thanks for support x
Survey sites, as an example i am on valued opinions and have earnd 20 since may, every little helps towards xmas, but I don't spend a huge amount of time the odd half hour here and there. i've tried a couple of others but don't really qualify for anything.

Ebay wise, without good feedback scores, it will be difficult to buy and sell on for much of a noticable profit, but would definately be a way to clear out some unwanted stuff and give you little bit of cash.

Bootfairs are always a good idea, just be prepared to take whatever for things, it all mounts up!

Other options, if you got some spare hours, sign up to mystery shopping sites, possibly look at kleeneze/avon type work as well?

Ive also delivered phone books in the past, think htere may be some coming up september october time, hard work and hourly rate not great when you work it out, but does give a nice little chunk as extra. earned between 60 and 200 in the past depending on how many routes taken. You do need transport for this though to collect the books, and drive to the delivery area, unless your lucky enough to get your own area.
khiller1988 is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
Reply

Bookmarks
 
 




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 Forum Jump  

Contact Us - MoneySavingExpert.com - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 2:26 PM.

 Forum Jump  

Free MoneySaving Email

Top deals: Week of 20 August 2014

Get all this & more in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email full of guides, vouchers and Deals

GET THIS FREE WEEKLY EMAIL Full of deals, guides & it's spam free

Latest News & Blogs

Martin's Twitter Feed

profile

Cheap Travel Money

Find the best online rate for holiday cash with MSE's TravelMoneyMax.

Find the best online rate for your holiday cash with MoneySavingExpert's TravelMoneyMax.

TuneChecker Top Albums

  • VARIOUS ARTISTSNOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC! 88
  • ED SHEERANX (DELUXE EDITION)
  • COLLABROSTARS

MSE's Twitter Feed

profile
  • RT @MSE_GuyAnker: BT price rises: if you want to stick with BT, it is cheaper to pay line rental for a year upfront, rather than monthly
  • RT @MSE_GuyAnker: BT customer annoyed by price rise? Don't get angry, get a better deal. Many pay £300/yr but can slice cost in half. http:?
  • RT @MSE_GuyAnker: I'll be on @BBCRadioWales at about 8.15am talking about BT's price rises for millions of phone and broadband customers.
Always remember anyone can post on the MSE forums, so it can be very different from our opinion.
We use Skimlinks and other affiliated links in some of our boards, for some of our users.