Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cutestkids
    • By cutestkids 2nd Jan 12, 4:03 PM
    • 1,637Posts
    • 8,146Thanks
    cutestkids
    What are You Making For Dinner Tonight ?
    • 2nd Jan 12, 4:03 PM
    What are You Making For Dinner Tonight ? 2nd Jan 12 at 4:03 PM
    Hi I know that there is a what have you baked today, what is in your slow cooker today and the weekly meal planner threads already but there does not seem to be a What are cooking for dinner tonight thread.

I just wondered if anyone would like to join me in this perhaps we can get tips and inspiration from each other.

To start us off I am doing Homemade chilli with spicy wedges today

I have made a huge vat of chilli there is enough for the four of us to have 4 meals so will be freezing three lots later on.
    Last edited by cutestkids; 02-01-2012 at 4:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    1 Sealed Pot Challenge # 1480
    2 Stopped Smoking 28/08/2011
    3 Joined Payment A Day Challenge 3/12/2011
    4 One debt vs 100 days part 15 £579.62/ £579.62New challenge £155.73/£500
    5 Pay off as much as you can in 2013 challenge!£6609.20 / £7500
Page 463
    • lilmisskitkat
    • By lilmisskitkat 4th Dec 12, 8:53 PM
    • 926 Posts
    • 7,119 Thanks
    lilmisskitkat
    Chicken stir fry with noodles

K xx
    • jue
    • By jue 4th Dec 12, 9:12 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 1,299 Thanks
    jue
    Mince and sweetpotatoe caserole, very tasty it was too :-)
    Jue
    • Mrs Veg Plot
    • By Mrs Veg Plot 4th Dec 12, 9:15 PM
    • 952 Posts
    • 11,498 Thanks
    Mrs Veg Plot
    Chicken and pumpkin curry for us, we are on a rubber chicken week
    I am playing all of the right notes just not necessarily in the right order .
    • muddyflumplepants
    • By muddyflumplepants 4th Dec 12, 9:44 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    muddyflumplepants
    Today, I slow cooked chicken thighs and drumsticks in a jerk marinade with several sticks of sliced celery, 3 peeled chopped fresh tomatoes and some slightly limp spring onions.
    Served with rice, it does us both for dinner, plus a lunch for bloke tomorrow (as he always does - no shop bought lunches for him!)

• squeakysue
    Have thrown tea in the slow cooker, huge pack of mince, 2 tins toms, onions, mushrooms, garlic, herbs, wine, dash wosterchire sauce, bit of stock, will hopefully come home to a lovely bolognese this afternoon

Have made myself a naughty breakfast while I was making that up too....
    • Fruball
    • By Fruball 5th Dec 12, 1:55 PM
    • 5,618 Posts
    • 36,624 Thanks
    Fruball
    I am craving a roast but that would mean going shopping and I really need to eat from the freezer so I can defrost it... so....

possibly fish finger sandwiches and garlic bread for snacking on later
    • mollythewestie
    • By mollythewestie 5th Dec 12, 2:12 PM
    • 1,915 Posts
    • 10,566 Thanks
    mollythewestie
    We are desperately trying to empty the freezer at the minute, but seem to be getting nowhere fast (I'm sure things multiply in there )

Last night DH had king prawn linguine and I had chicken wrapped in bacon with roasted parsnips and carrots.
    Tonight DH will have a ready meal from the freezer and I will have leftover chicken in a risotto with green vegetables.
    Total value of prizes 2010 - 2015: £7677
    2016 prize value: £321

Debt free thanks to MSE
    Good luck to Team GB #Rio2016
    • alisara
    • By alisara 5th Dec 12, 4:14 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 362 Thanks
    alisara
    Chicken, chips and coleslaw -emptying out the freezer as well.
  • Rossy2692
    Cant be bothered so its oven chips, saus, egg and beans, am a bad wife and mother lol
    Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!!

Weightloss challenge 2/14

"Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get"
  • Josslette
    I'm making chicken fried rice for tea will try and remember to take a pic! xx
    September Grocery Challenge £0/£225
    • soba
    • By soba 5th Dec 12, 6:13 PM
    • 2,143 Posts
    • 6,530 Thanks
    soba
    Massaman beef cury with rice and naan bread. Had a visitor so had to get some pitta breads and wraps out of the freezer to make it go a bit further. And some poppadums with chutney.

• gemmylou86
    Hi all, can I join you?

Tonight i've tried to jazz up some weight w@tchers sausages found in the freezer by doing a spicy casserole. serving it with some frozen steamed veggies and mash.
    I'm also trying to de-clutter freezer for xmas, and in the long term so that I can start batch cooking and freezing meals.

I've got a mr T frozen 'Simply cook' joint of gammon to use up - any suggestions that aren't the usual 'gammon egg and chips'? want to try something new...

gems
  • plum2002
    Hi all, can I join you?

Tonight i've tried to jazz up some weight w@tchers sausages found in the freezer by doing a spicy casserole. serving it with some frozen steamed veggies and mash.
    I'm also trying to de-clutter freezer for xmas, and in the long term so that I can start batch cooking and freezing meals.

I've got a mr T frozen 'Simply cook' joint of gammon to use up - any suggestions that aren't the usual 'gammon egg and chips'? want to try something new...

gems
    Originally posted by gemmylou86
    gammon, mash, peas and parsley sauce?

we've got chili, wraps, guacamole, sour cream, grated cheese and salad tonight
    Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own canoe.

“Don’t have children if you can’t afford them” is the “Let them eat cake” of the 21st century. It doesn’t matter how children got here, they need and deserve to be fed.
    • CT19720
    • By CT19720 5th Dec 12, 7:00 PM
    • 1,473 Posts
    • 15,299 Thanks
    CT19720
    I just had hm chicken and mushroom soup - since sunday have managed to stretch a small chicken for a roast, chicken and prawn thai green curry (for 4), and now soup for me.

I ate all the soup oops- so made DH and the kids hm pizza using naam bread.

When I cook a gammon (1kg)- it is usually in the SC, and one day will have it with herb potatoes and veg; the next day we will have gammon, peas, and rice, with sweet chilli sauce, and the third day, there should be enough to do a sweet chilli sauce stirfry with gammon, stirfried veg - anything I have in the freeze really - carrots/peas/broccoli/beans/peppers/onions/mushrooms etc, and a packet of cheap noodles. The last dish, doesn't look great on the plate, but is absolutely gorgeous.

We like to stretch a piece of meat in this house!
    Last edited by CT19720; 05-12-2012 at 7:06 PM.
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
    • vodkachick68
    • By vodkachick68 5th Dec 12, 7:23 PM
    • 731 Posts
    • 2,055 Thanks
    vodkachick68
    My boyfriend and i are having spaghetti bolognaise with garlic bread and salad. For afters its chocolate log and mince pie ice cream
  • heavenleigh
    Kids had fishcakes, chips, peas and broccoli, other half and i had open the fridge and chuck it all in quesidillas with refried beans/peppers/onions/fried potatoes chicken and cheese, served with salsa and sour cream....kids would have eaten the same but needed feeding a couple of hours earlier than us tonight due to after school clubs and dd1's bus running out of fuel on the way home!
    I will save my tesco £1 savings stamps this year! .......so far = £50 (full card#1)
    Card #2 £6. I will not be skint at Chistmas this year!

Total £56
    • Popperwell
    • By Popperwell 5th Dec 12, 8:57 PM
    • 5,063 Posts
    • 48,466 Thanks
    Popperwell
    Too much YS meat to use up so just having it in buns for the next few days rather than meals as such...lovely ham or pork. On it's own or with other things. I suppose I could do some meals like ham, eggs, mushrooms and chips. Or a ham salad...
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
    • HeadAboveWater
    • By HeadAboveWater 6th Dec 12, 11:05 AM
    • 3,900 Posts
    • 9,344 Thanks
    HeadAboveWater
    Had chicken fajitas with heaps of side salad last night which was so simple but totally and utterly scrumptious

Tonight I'm cooking my favouritest ever dinner (OH and DD3 favourite too!)...

Ginger pork and dauphinoise pototoes

The ginger pork was a recipe I found in a £1.99 recipe book last year and it's now my speciality!! lol

I was super organised last night. Have veg and spuds prepared and pork is marinading, so just need to switch on the cooker/oven when I get home and get the heat going!

Oh I can't wait! Mouth watering
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out

FD Target take 2: £3025/£3600
    ebay sales 2014: £106.64
  • Mortgage Reduction Novice
    We're having left over HM chicken korma from the freezer - trying to run it down (like a few other people's posts - also seems to be never ending - at this rate it'll be switched off for the whole time we're away at Christmas!)
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k
  • Rossy2692
    Well i got a load of beef skirt from my butchers today so am making a beef and leek pie and having mash and veggies with it Its a chilly one so hopefully this will warm the cockles!
    Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!!

Weightloss challenge 2/14

"Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

399Posts Today

2,507Users online

Martin's Twitter